Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SoBe Hotels for Dec 30..

Guest bumps

Guest bumps

Hey Everybody,

I was hoping to get some ideas from the Miami people. I plane on booking a four Night stay in SoBe area for the New Year ...

The places that interest me right now are ,

The Hotel Shelley; Whitelaw Hotel, Ocean Surf. I dont want to spend more that 180.00 a night - rather save my funds for all the activities.. Any tips comments , ideas I would greatly appreciate them .

bumps

I was there for Labor Day. We stayed at the Starlight Hotel on Ocean between 7 & 8 St. It was only $95.00 a night. The place had a full kitchen, refrigerator, ac, and plenty of towels. What more do you need? You should definitely check it out.

Guest bumps

Hey Nokes -thanks for your recommendation.

Are you able to expand on your weekend trip.

How did you like SoBe..? What clubs did you hit .. ? How was the whole scene in general.?

I am assuming you had a phat time ..That hotel you stayed at is exactly what I am looking for -

BumPS-

I spent "labour" (this is for Dirty Slapper)day weekend in South Beach and had a great time and I'm thinking of going back there for Christmas/new year. I don't know where I'll be staying this time but I know I won't stay at Parisian Hotel (Collins Av. at 15th street)....I'll rather sleep at the beach.

panchodeejay

o o o o o <o <o> o> o>

.|. \|. \|/ // X \ | <| <|

/\ >\ /< >\ /< >\ /< >\ /<

[This message has been edited by panchodeejay (edited 09-06-2000).]

Got to Goddess a little after 11 to avoid the massive lines to hear JP spin in SB. What a mistake. He didn't get there till 1:30 and the place was fuckin dead. The club over all was a nice set up. Very small. Goddess wasn't even 25% packed and they were turning away people. The whole thing was run very unprofessional. JP came on and he was awesome. It was kinda like I went to a house party and JP was spinning. I was able to get really close to him and watch him work his magic. He really wasn't feeling the crowd. So after and hour he put on a CD and was hooking up with chicks. I heard groups of girls were walking away because they were no letting anyone in. I knew something was up when the cover was only $20.

Then we went to Space for after hours with JP. Here he really got into it and the place went fuckin nuts. This is the JP I know. Space was definitely more my scene. Thank god he didn't play his Janet Jackson remix. I ended up at space every night. It kinda reminds me of the factory. DT tore it up on Saturday. I've been going down to SB for Memorial and Labor day weekends for the last four years and this was by far the worst time I have had down there. The day time was awful. The Clevelander used to be my favorite happy hour spot. I was so disapointed. All in all SB is on the way out. It turned way to ghetto for me. I definitely won't be going back down there any time soon.

Archived