Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yo teklord....i got a question...

What is you ropinion on the Porsche 968?

Do you consider the 968 to be a viable atttempt at replacing the 944, or as a complete waste of time?

I've always had a soft spot for them. I'm just interested in the opinion of a Porsche owner, especially the owner of the car the 968 was meant to replace.

:)

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

What is you ropinion on the Porsche 968?

Do you consider the 968 to be a viable atttempt at replacing the 944, or as a complete waste of time?

I've always had a soft spot for them. I'm just interested in the opinion of a Porsche owner, especially the owner of the car the 968 was meant to replace.

:)

it's a 944 with updated body panels

only thing i didn't like were the 928 styled lights

it came with a 3.0 liter four with 236 hp

Funny,

My brother planned on getting a 968 for a while but couldn't find one for around $15k in good condition. Looking back on things now he made the right decision.

Stock vs Stock both cars are close in power and handling. The brakes on a 944 Turbo S are off a 928 S4 which are big bad and beefy made by Brembo. 968s come with a 6 speed, more suited for a n/a engine. The 944 Turbo S also comes with Koni adjustable coilovers and optional M030 sway bars. 968 has basic suspension.

IMO the 968 is a NICE upgrade to the 944, BUT they didn't bring the 968 Turbo to the US and didn't mass produce it. Big mistake IMO.

Once you modify a 944 Turbo, the 968 turns into a civic. :cool: So if you are going for looks get a 968, if u want power... 944 turbo all the way. The best way to go is buy an 87 Turbo for $8-$10k, and build it up.