Clubplanet Nightlife Community

St. Patrick's Day thread Reincarnated

cookiegirl

459.jpg

So here we are, only four days away from the annual "Reinforcin' o' the Stereotypes"! :tongue:

We need to start thinking of where we want to go. I figure, we can either go to a place with even the least little Irish association and be a part of the mob, or go to a less obvious place (Brickskeller?) and celebrate the true meaning of the holiday - getting wasted - without getting squished.

What are my fellow lushes thinking? :drunk:

(old thread for ideas)

(the washington post listings)

Originally posted by cookiegirl

459.jpg

So here we are, only four days away from the annual "Reinforcin' o' the Stereotypes"! :tongue:

We need to start thinking of where we want to go. I figure, we can either go to a place with even the least little Irish association and be a part of the mob, or go to a less obvious place (Brickskeller?) and celebrate the true meaning of the holiday - getting wasted - without getting squished.

What are my fellow lushes thinking? :drunk:

(old thread for ideas)

(the washington post listings)

Holy shit. Look at all those links and the perfect formatting. That could win nerdiest post of the year! :rolleyes:

Brickskeller might be too expensive.

It would be nice to go somewhere Irish but it'll be MOBBED!

How 'bout Tequila Grill, Bottom Line (prolly packed, though), Mckayes (sp??), etc.

Who else is up for taking 1/2 day off and going right after lunch!!!

I love raver's rationalization..... it's too expensive - so lets take a half day and drink till we have no money left..... :tongue:

OR....

you could go to brickskeller and drink the NONexpensive beers - Ok - so they have expensive stuff - but I recall seeing some schlitz there - would that be better for you palate??? :laugh:

Originally posted by crank47

Yeah, the Irish places will be mad packed. How about Lucky Bar?

Never been there, but the Post says Mondays are Latin Night. "After happy hour ends, tables are moved aside and Lucky Bar becomes a happening Latin dance club with a whole host of regulars. Free salsa and meringue lessons are offered at 8, followed by dancing to DJ Ricardo"

Wonder if they would do that on St. Pat's? :confused:

Never been there, but the Post says Mondays are Latin Night. "After happy hour ends, tables are moved aside and Lucky Bar becomes a happening Latin dance club with a whole host of regulars. Free salsa and meringue lessons are offered at 8, followed by dancing to DJ Ricardo"

Wonder if they would do that on St. Pat's? :confused:

You know Mexicans don't recognize any other holiday other than Cinco de Mayo. :rolleyes:

And I didn't know Zags was a DJ. He's been holding out on us! I wonder if it's Vic that's giving the salsa and merengue lessons while Zags spins. :confused:

Interesting side note -- one of our, um, less brilliant Senators proposed this legislation yesterday. Note the date for a national day of "prayer and fasting". :laugh:

1. S.CON.RES.19 : A concurrent resolution affirming the importance of a national day of prayer and fasting, and expressing the sense of Congress that March 17, 2003, should be designated as a national day of prayer and fasting.

Sponsor: Sen Santorum, Rick [PA]

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Interesting side note -- one of our, um, less brilliant Senators proposed this legislation yesterday. Note the date for a national day of "prayer and fasting". :laugh:

1. S.CON.RES.19 : A concurrent resolution affirming the importance of a national day of prayer and fasting, and expressing the sense of Congress that March 17, 2003, should be designated as a national day of prayer and fasting.

Brilliant. I'm guessing some Irish senator will filibuster until Tuesday the 18th, at which point it'll pass and this genius will raise his hand in victory. :rolleyes:

Santorum :blank: figures.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Brilliant. I'm guessing some Irish senator will filibuster until Tuesday the 18th, at which point it'll pass and this genius will raise his hand in victory. :rolleyes:

ya, and he should fillibuster by seeing "1 million bottles of beer on the wall" and drinking guinness.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Wasn't it Strom Thurmond that once stood there reading a cookbook for days or is that just urban legend?

I don't know 'bout the cookbook but he holds the record for the longest filibuster in Senate history; he spoke against the 1957 civil rights bill for 24 hours, 18 minutes. Stand-up guy. ;)

cookie, what bill was this in....?