Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza Update

arrakis

Just to let everyone know that Ibiza is an amazing place, but that we don't realize often enough how lucky we are to be living in/near Miami. The vibe here (in Ibiza) is similar; clubs are amazing, and DJ talent even better. Caught the Bassment Jaxx and Steve Lawler last night at Space (a TOP club; excellent vibe on the terrace), Roger Sanchez the night before at Cafe Mambo; tonight will see Sven Vath at Amnesia, and tomorrow night Oakey at Pacha. I look forward to an awesome fall/winter in Miami though! Peace out to you all... cwm12.gif

[This message has been edited by arrakis (edited 09-18-2000).]

Let me know how the Coccoon party was. Noted as one of the best parties on the island.

Don't expect Oakey to do anything for you. He plays a retro set. WTF! I want to hear shit to blast me into the future.

He'll play Zombie nation and he'll drop Silence-Delerium twice...

What time did u stay at Space until?? I hope u lasted atleast past midnight...

Full review when u get back!

Didn't catch Mr. Howells - don't know if he made it to Space (he was supposed to start at 12:00 but a crap DJ was on instead until at least 2:00). Lawler on the other hand was AMAZING, as were Bassment Jaxx. Otherwise the DJs were less than par - banging hard house crap that made Acosta look decent. Hear now that Amnesia tonight will also host Richie Hawtin, Coxy, Jeff Mills, Pascal F.E.O.S., and many others - can't wait! Just chilling now at a cybercafe b/c Amnesia only opens at midnight, and don't want to start a rumble w/ drunk hooligans roaming San An (Diego, I'm sure you'd understand). Anyways, Miami... peace out! P.S. Just checking out Oakey tomorrow night b/c there isn't anything else going on!

[This message has been edited by arrakis (edited 09-18-2000).]

You mentioned that the food wasn't up to par. U should really check out one of the best restaurants on the island. 'La Vaca Argentina' its located outside Ibiza town. Amazing steaks packed air tight and sent from Argentina. The filet melted as I put it in my mouth. Unbelievably tender...

If you're not into beef, they've got plenty of other alternatives.

Enjoy your last nights!

Guest genevieve

Hey Special "K",

Make sure you get those titty pics!! Can't wait to get our "K" back to S. FL! Just make sure you party extra hard the last couple of days for me! Leave it to the TRUE heads to use their 2 weeks vacation on music events! (WMC & Ibiza) Sorry to hear you main man sold out (Danny Howells) at least you saw Steve Lawler! Talk to you soon and looking forward to your reveiw!!!!! Tell Chef Mike I said Hi.................... cwm12.gif

------------------

Math-03.gif

Guest genevieve

Arrakis.........................YOU SUCK!!!!!! Pictures please......I'm waiting????????????????????? cwm18.gif

------------------

Math-03.gif

Dude, I told you. I was hangin out with him (Sven Vath) at the Perfecto closing party and he urged me to check it out. I told him I would only if he would get me a one way ticket back to NY. He laughed and then said, well then just check me out at Twilo in October...

Glad u experienced the techno genius. He RAWKS!

Your last night, probably won't be your best, but enjoy brotha!

until next the next closing parties.!.!.

Cocoon at Amnesia last night rocked... Sven Vath was FUCKING AMAZING. Diego - future sounds represented here in the full. Started slow, and built up to a crazy frenzy - he spun at least for 7 hours (we were there from opening at 12:00 until 7 a.m.). Of the tracks I recognized was "Flash" - played early on in the set. The crowd was largely German. Bad Boy Bill spun on the terrace; decent house sounds. Amnesia is one of the most amazing clubs I've ever been to...

Archived