Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RIP Honda Insight

after 4 years of production, the Insight is being killed off. Exlcuding 2003, 12,000 Insights have been sold in North Amercia, plus a few hundred in Europe and Japan. Honda has not said why, but my guess is that consumers are favoring the Civic hybrid. Hopefully honda will release a Civic 2 door hybrid.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

this just in... apparently honda will keep producing the insight, but on another market... yes, thats right.. the insight is moving from the US car market, to the jdm toy market... from the makers of such fun toys as "tamagachis" the new craze in toys is now the honda insight aka the R.C. Car of the new generation...

Originally posted by joeg

this just in... apparently honda will keep producing the insight, but on another market... yes, thats right.. the insight is moving from the US car market, to the jdm toy market... from the makers of such fun toys as "tamagachis" the new craze in toys is now the honda insight aka the R.C. Car of the new generation...

:mad::cuss: :cuss:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

:mad::cuss: :cuss:

don't worry, i'm sure tony will be selling them on ebay.... i'll tell him to cut you a deal :tongue:

in all seriousness though, i'm not sure what my take on hybrid, or electric cars is... i kinda wanna play with one up close before i judge... but i mean, i wouldn't expect barn-burning torque or anything from it... i'm curious to see what the future brings with hydrogen cars and the like...

as far as raw-power... i'm going to have to think the strip and other venues for fast car exibitions will be led by very well tuned combustion engines...

however... i think the goal should be to aim for equal power with less fuel weight... ie... compare the weight of 2 "equal" cars fully fueled... liquid is heavy... if they can come up with some good energy storage solutions with lithium ions and the like, they may be able to drop a LOT of weight off a car with equal power...

but again, as the power goes up, its harder and harder for the electric cars to compete, i would think...

show me a 3100lb electric car capable of making 1000hp on stock internals... *cough* supra *cough*

Originally posted by atomicapples

sat in a hybrid loved it.

insight. watch top secret, top fuel, or spoon make a 1200hp monster out of that thing.

im surprised no one threw a gsr in one of those things. and ditched all the batteries.

Nitrous oxide kits and K&N filters are currently available for the insight

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by teklord310

I suddenly feel slightly guilty for driving around catless. :confused:

Bring back that enviro-friendly rice beater!!

Please.....leave it there.