Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Strangest Ice Cream Flavor You've Tried

phatman

I've mostly had the general flavors b/c I'm the type who if I like something, I'll stay w/ it 4ever & never try anything new =/ But I have had "cotton candy" icecream which was pretty out of the ordinary but wasn't 2 fond of it..I think I'll just stick 2 my mint chocolate chip w/ hot fudge.. MmMm :drool::love2:

Originally posted by phatman

I was in San Diego a couple of months and had Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. It was at the ice cream shop at the Coronado Hotel...and it was...amazing...

(ben and jerries flavors dont count - :tongue: )

i really havent had any strange tasting ice cream yet :( ...i usually stick to my fav, parline and cream :D

Originally posted by Mystify22

Why not? :confused::(

...for you i'd make an exception...but i just think ben and jerries by default maintains "strange" flavors...i was more interested in seeing how many peeps have expanded their pallats(sp.) and tried something different...

...for you i'd make an exception...but i just think ben and jerries by default maintains "strange" flavors...i was more interested in seeing how many peeps have expanded their pallats(sp.) and tried something different...

In LBI, where I go every summer with my family, there's an ice cream place with bubble gum ice cream....It's vanilla with little pieces of bubble gum in it - they're all different colors/flavors....

I used to love it when I was little, but when you think about it, it's kinda pointless bc you gotta keep spitting the gum pieces out until you're finished w/all the ice cream!

In LBI, where I go every summer with my family, there's an ice cream place with bubble gum ice cream....It's vanilla with little pieces of bubble gum in it - they're all different colors/flavors....

I used to love it when I was little, but when you think about it, it's kinda pointless bc you gotta keep spitting the gum pieces out until you're finished w/all the ice cream!

that sounds gross haha. i was wondering if you swallowed the gum when i read the first part then u said you had to spit it out. i couldnt deal with that.

ever tried green tea? i like it. also there is another flavor they have at japanese places, i forgot what it is but its also good.

barbie: mint chocolate chip is my favorite too :D

Originally posted by somebitch

ever tried green tea?

...good shit right there...yummmmm....

...mint chocolate chip was my dad's favorite so it became mine as well...but i aslo had a thing for rainbow sherbert....i used to get it every single time at Dairy Queen...either that or a Lime Mr. Misty so I could get brain freeze...

Yummy, I love Mint Chocolate Chip, only I call it "Chocolate Chip Mint"... lol there's always a variation on how people say that flavor....

I also like Cookie Dough and Phish Food...

LOL ive heard the shortened version too, mint chip.

my bf eats it too, we feed eachother mint chip while we cuddle on the couch.

Originally posted by somebitch

ever tried green tea? i like it. also there is another flavor they have at japanese places, i forgot what it is but its also good.

I've tried the green tea and the other one also which is red bean.

The red bean is alot like raspberry

I was in San Diego a couple of months and had Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. It was at the ice cream shop at the Coronado Hotel...and it was...amazing...

hope you ate that by the beach area near the hotel...so stunning at night...:D

Originally posted by sassa

hope you ate that by the beach area near the hotel...so stunning at night...:D

...yup...but it was in the morning...still beautiful...we walked onto the beach by the rocks and wouldnt you know it, a group of dolphins showed up to play...my niece went nuts...she didnt want to leave....

hey folks...ice cream is a subject close to my heart, and if youre in the village, check out COOKIES AND COUSCOUS at 230 thompson st. its a morrocan restaurant, but the chef is really into desserts, and he gets pretty crazy with it...there is an ice cream/sorbet sampler on the menu for 8bucks, and you get like twelve little scoops, check these flavors:

lemon honey ginger

peach rosewater

mango w/ lavender

watermelon absinthe

blueberry chamomile

pear orange poppyseed

red plum anise

pineapple w/ morroccan wild mint

strawberry rhubarb

apple cinnamon

madagascar vanilla bean

black currant

passionfruit

guava/ orange

green tea

omg! :bounce: talk about dessert heaven...tons of pastries and cookies too...check it out...nice little date place.

also haggen dazs has a new flavor...bananas foster, thats bananas, rum and brown sugar:drool: so good. peace.

edit~ strangest flavor would be saffron, takes a minute to get used to the idea, but its flavor is really well suited for sweets...hard to find,though, i made my own.

Originally posted by hedonictonic

hey folks...ice cream is a subject close to my heart, and if youre in the village, check out COOKIES AND COUSCOUS at 230 thompson st. its a morrocan restaurant, but the chef is really into desserts, and he gets pretty crazy with it...there is an ice cream/sorbet sampler on the menu for 8bucks, and you get like twelve little scoops, check these flavors:

lemon honey ginger

peach rosewater

mango w/ lavender

watermelon absinthe

blueberry chamomile

pear orange poppyseed

red plum anise

pineapple w/ morroccan wild mint

strawberry rhubarb

apple cinnamon

madagascar vanilla bean

black currant

passionfruit

guava/ orange

green tea

omg! :bounce: talk about dessert heaven...tons of pastries and cookies too...check it out...nice little date place.

also haggen dazs has a new flavor...bananas foster, thats bananas, rum and brown sugar:drool: so good. peace.

edit~ strangest flavor would be saffron, takes a minute to get used to the idea, but its flavor is really well suited for sweets...hard to find,though, i made my own.

HaHa did u have a list in front of u or did u happen 2 remember all of those flavors off of the top of you head? Cause if you did, ur a real icecream pro & id crown you "King of all Icecreams" ;)

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

HaHa did u have a list in front of u or did u happen 2 remember all of those flavors off of the top of you head? Cause if you did, ur a real icecream pro & id crown you "King of all Icecreams" ;)

i had a list, but i'll gladly take that crown, i deserve it. i should own haggen dazs by now...

SMURF! It was blue like the cartoon characters, and had marshmellows in it... Wasn't all that bad!