Clubplanet Nightlife Community

..from an e-mail i got..

sassa

This is quite an amazing article that a young arab woman and fellow student handed out to me. She donated these articles by hand and with an ironical smile as she said, ``Learn how to kill me,`` in a surprisingly friendly voice. It was slightly disturbing to hear her voice repeat that phrase over and over as she handed out this article. Read on for absolute horror at how far misguided people will go to make a buck. Please excuse my inserted opinions in the parenthese. I just couldn`t help myself with this one.

Peace be with you,

D*****

Settlers offer West Bank ``terror tours``

Jewish settlers are offering special ``terror tours`` of the West Bank and Gaza, in which tourists will be trainted to fire weapons and participate in mock fights with Arab militants.

The four-day excursion will include aerial tours of ``terrorist`` enclaves and a chance to sit in the cockpit of a fighter-plane capable of delivering nuclear bombs.

``There`s a lot of the `wow` factor, like going up in an army helicopter and firing machine guns,`` organizer Jake Greenwald told BBC News Online, ``but it is also aimed at trainging people in how to deal with a terrorist situation``.

(Don`t you think the US has enough training in how to react violently to ANY possible threatening situation?)

Mr Greenwald said it was also a way of attracting thrill-seekers to Israel at a time when tourism is suffering because of the violence with the Palestinians.

Fear Factor

US-born Mr Greenwald said he got the idea after seeing how people coped with the 11 September, 2001, attacks on the United States.

ITINERARY

Weapons training

Tracking `terrorists` in desert

Aerial tour of `terrorist enclaves`

Experience of F-16 bombers and tanks

Paintball attack on `Arab village`

``I realized that Israel, which has great exertise in dealing with terror, will be able to teach people how to deal with fear, so there is not this mass panic when something happens,`` he said. (yeah sure, to cope you just pull out your Uzui or M16 and let everyone have it. Dont forget to target any Arabs pedestrians you may see first.)

He said that while people might think the tour was ``a bit strange``, there was a serious message in teaching ``teamwork in the face of an emergency``.

He said so far more than 20 people - including a judge, doctors, and a Middle East lecturer - have signed up from the United States, at a cost of $5,500 each. (And just think how all that money could be used to help feed starving refugees.)

Tracking `terrorists`

For the participants, daily activities begin with what Mr Greenwald called ``light exercises`` in hand-to-hand combat.

Tourists will aslo be taught how to fire a range of weapons, including M16s, Uzis, pistols and Kalashnikov machine guns, and learn how to operate a tank.

There will be talks by Israelis who took part in Israel`s military offensive in Jenin last April, and lessons in how to track ``terrorists`` across the desert.

Participants will be taken on a helicopter tour of Palestinian ``terrorist enclaves`` and be shown arms and suicide bomber belts siezed by the Israeli army.

The highlight of the trip involves a paintball fight in a simulated Arab village, where participants will be able to go from room-to-room ``cleaning out Arab terrorists``, said Mr Greenwald. (This whole exercise seems, to me, to be training people to automatically descriminate against Arabs people, because all of them must be terrorists, right?)

The tours were meant to start at the end of this month, but have been postponed because of the prospect of a war with Iraq.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr-/2/hi/middle_east/2821391.stm

Published: 2003/03/05 12:16:45

Copyright BBC MMIII

Man you hate Jewish settlers / Israelis don't you?

Rather than worrying about "This whole exercise seems, to me, to be training people to automatically descriminate against Arabs people, because all of them must be terrorists, right?", I would worry about how people like you stereotype Arabs, Arab Americans, and Muslims as all hating Jewish / Israeli people.

Thank G-d my Muslim American friends aren't like you...

peace

Originally posted by gqraver

Man you hate Jewish settlers / Israelis don't you?

Rather than worrying about "This whole exercise seems, to me, to be training people to automatically descriminate against Arabs people, because all of them must be terrorists, right?", I would worry about how people like you stereotype Arabs, Arab Americans, and Muslims as all hating Jewish / Israeli people.

Thank G-d my Muslim American friends aren't like you...

peace

no, the balance is pretty equal...both sides suck...

its funny you say that when you have no idea of my interests in the middle east.

sassa