Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roger dodger... brilliant movie about pickups/dating

tastey

guys, check it out.

brilliant. roger, a self-proclaimed "ladies man", gets visited by his 16 y.o. nephew. his nephew wants to learn from him how to handle women and he takes him out for a night...

GREAT movie, just watched it and will watch it again. there´s a lot of GOOD stuff in it that you can pick up on... check it out!

he´s a little bitter sometimes but still...

good cop/bad cop, creating realities, pacing... NICE!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JLX8/qid=1048171911/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-4562947-0354322?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

and lol, the "top 500" reviewer from amazon didn´t get it...

quote: "There is a great sequence in "Roger Dodger" involving Roger, Nick (who Roger has snuck into a Bar) and two women: Andrea (Elizabeth Berkley) and Sophie (Jennifer Beals) who Roger has asked to join he and Nick. Andrea and Sophie are smart, sexy, beautiful women who can "see" Roger for what he is and who are in turn fascinated by Nick's naïveté."

LOL what a dork... he didn´t get it AT ALL that roger was slowly shifting to the bad cop/bad cop situation so his nephew could score points with the two girls... man...

....i think i'd rather watch Scooby Doo than another movie about men picking up women...i already know what i need to know about that ish...'sides, picking them up is not the issue, it's keeping 'em that's the real challenge and testament to being a real man...

Originally posted by phatman

....i think i'd rather watch Scooby Doo than another movie about men picking up women...i already know what i need to know about that ish...'sides, picking them up is not the issue, it's keeping 'em that's the real challenge and testament to being a real man...

nah you don´t understand where i´m coming from. it´s not about the sex. i already have a girlfriend and girls i could fuck any time i wanted, so that´s not a factor. it´s mostly about the CHALLENGE, i´m a gameplayer, and i love it. it´s like chess, just much more complex, that´s what appealing to me :)!

i love going in top-notch clubs where i know nobody, get to know new people, have fun and walk out with a hottie or two. the more unreachable the goal the more i´m attracted to it. if it works out, great! if not, no big deal, at least i had fun and it was interesting for me cause it was challenging...

...i had a friend who was just like you...read women's magazines just to know the "adversary"...took pride in the "challenge"...he was the single most lonely and miserable person i knew at an age where he should have been full of bliss...

...since then, he has given up the game, gotten married and will soon be a father...:)