Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's wrong with people????

mr mahs

I am sitting at my desk sifting through the news websites looking for the latest piece of information regarding the Iraqi conflict...

I came across a articlE on fox that interviewed a shopkeeper in Pakistan he said trembeling with anger " Every muslim should pick up arem and help the Iraqi people" what's wrong with this statement???

The United States is the strongest nation known to man and if we wanted to the whole middle east would be a parking lot.. The ordinance that will be dropped in Iraq will be laser guided which means it has the capability of hitting the intended target by a couple of feet. The weapons today can literally pick an choose what they want to hit... By selecting the targets how are we targeting the Iraqi people or even Islam?? The shop keeper in Pakistan is saying we are wrong.. Why do SOME muslims beleive this is against them and not the Iraqi dictator? Why don't the same muslims that are calling for arms against the Americans when it should be a call across the world for Jihad against the regimes that are opressing them? I just don't get it it really baffles me....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Updated: Thursday, 20 March, 2003, 10:24 GMT

Email this to a friend Printable version

US offers Israel billions in aid

US military aid is a fashion accessory in Tel Aviv

The US has offered $10bn (£6.4bn) to Israel, to bail it out of the worst economic crisis in its history.

Israel's Finance Ministry said the package consisted of $1bn (£640,000m) in direct military aid and $9bn in loan guarantees.

The 30-month-long Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation and the global economic slowdown have plunged the country into its third year of recession.

Israel - the biggest recipient of US aid worldwide - initially asked for $4bn (£2.5bn) in military aid and $8bn in loan guarantees.

The US will deduct from the loan guarantees any Israeli expenditure on settlement activities in Palestinian areas.

The package, which is part of President George W Bush's war budget, still needs approval by the US Congress.

Economic troubles

US National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice pledged the aid to Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday.

"Rice told Netanyahu that the (Bush) administration decided to raise the amount of the guarantees by $1bn over what had been planned because the Americans were impressed by the economic plan that has been presented to the government," Israel's finance ministry said in a statement.

Israel's economy contracted by 1% in 2002 after a 0.9% fall in 2001 and the budget deficit is running at 6%, twice the forecast for 2003.

Mr Netanyahu on Monday announced government spending cuts and reductions in the public sector wage to rein in the budget deficit.

Israel already receives $3bn a year from the US, mostly as military aid.

Originally posted by underwater

some people truly believe america is evil.....they are poorly misguided souls.....

after repeated foreign invasions and occupations over the past few centuries, they have good reasons to fear any military action by outsiders

and with the US' dismal record of nation building (excluding the marshall plan of course) and foreign policy in general, it doesnt suprise me that they are scared shitless.

i jsut hope that the US doesnt "miscalculate" again

Originally posted by mrmhs

I am sitting at my desk sifting through the news websites looking for the latest piece of information regarding the Iraqi conflict...

I came across a articlE on fox that interviewed a shopkeeper in Pakistan he said trembeling with anger " Every muslim should pick up arem and help the Iraqi people" what's wrong with this statement???

The United States is the strongest nation known to man and if we wanted to the whole middle east would be a parking lot.. The ordinance that will be dropped in Iraq will be laser guided which means it has the capability of hitting the intended target by a couple of feet. The weapons today can literally pick an choose what they want to hit... By selecting the targets how are we targeting the Iraqi people or even Islam?? The shop keeper in Pakistan is saying we are wrong.. Why do SOME muslims beleive this is against them and not the Iraqi dictator? Why don't the same muslims that are calling for arms against the Americans when it should be a call across the world for Jihad against the regimes that are opressing them? I just don't get it it really baffles me....

Well for one thing, you can't call this a war, its an INVASION. Besides that, what does Iraq have to fight back with? They have nothing, even if they do have something, it is nothing close to what the U.S. has.

Also, if the Iraq's wanted a regime change they should and can liberate themselves, they don't need the U.S's help, they didn't ASK FOR IT.

And you can't ignore the fact that not even one shred of evidence has yet to be found of "Weapons of Mass Destruction."

Have you seen any evidence? Cuz if you have I would like to see it...

I'd be pissed too...

You can't be serious...

The last time the Iraqi people rose up against the govt they were gassed....

There's your proof...

the british gassed the iraqis during uprisings against colonial rule in the 1920s....one of the first times that chemical weapons were deployed by using airplanes

and what about our use of chemical weapons in vietnam?

Originally posted by djxeno

True! But did you know that the U.S supported that, and once again, the Iraqi ppl did not ask for our help...

-XeNo-

No No the american provided intelligence during the war with Iran.. And the Iraqi people who defected say that the Iraqi people welcome liberation.. How are people going to ask for help when people are publically executed for speaking against the gov't

And you can't ignore the fact that not even one shred of evidence has yet to be found of "Weapons of Mass Destruction."

There is a shitload of evidence that he was in control of a WMD's before he kicked the inspectors out. Where is Saddam's proof that he destroyed the WMD's. The burden fell on him to prove to the world that he had disarmed fully. The burden does not fall on the US or any other country. This basis is crazy because not one world leader will deny they are 100% certain that he is in possession of WMD's.

Originally posted by underwater

There is a shitload of evidence that he was in control of a WMD's before he kicked the inspectors out. Where is Saddam's proof that he destroyed the WMD's. The burden fell on him to prove to the world that he had disarmed fully. The burden does not fall on the US or any other country. This basis is crazy because not one world leader will deny they are 100% certain that he is in possession of WMD's.

Ok, so where is this "shitload" of evidence?

It was the U.S. who gave him these weapons during the Iraq-Iran War.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

the british gassed the iraqis during uprisings against colonial rule in the 1920s....one of the first times that chemical weapons were deployed by using airplanes

and what about our use of chemical weapons in vietnam?

Are you refering to asian orange??? That chemical was developed to burn through the joungle because our forceS were getting theIr asses handed to them..

What does that prove??? You lefties always bring up the past and blame america first. So with your rationale it's OK to be attacked in the future because we (in your eyes) did the same??

Ok, so where is this "shitload" of evidence?

It was the U.S. who gave him these weapons during the Iraq-Iran War.

So what!!

That was yesterday today is today. The world says he has to disarm and that's what we are doing just not pussy footing around the promblem but pre-emptively striking to protect america...

Are you refering to asian orange??? That chemical was developed to burn through the joungle because our forced were getting there asses handed to them..

What does that prove??? You lefties always bring up the past and blame america first. So with your rationale it's OK to be attacked in the future because we (in your eyes) did the same??

It's Agent orange you victim of the moron majority.

<<<Brother of a Viet Nam vet..... A Green Beret.

So what!!

That was yesterday today is today. The world says he has to disarm and that's what we are doing just not pussy footing around the promblem but pre-emptively striking to protect america...

The world?

Didn't you just post an article saying "the world rejects to the bombing of Baghdad"

The world?

Didn't you just post an article saying "the world rejects to the bombing of Baghdad"

That was countries in the world that have spoken out against or for the war it's a combination of both..