Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another change at UP!

cookiegirl

*head spins*

"To our supporters:

Unfortunately, April 4 will be an end of Revival. That night with D:Fuse will be our last. While we have done our best to keep the underground scene alive and well in D.C., it was too difficult for us to keep going at this time. I think that our opening night with Doc Martin was a great example of what we were trying to create in D.C. - great music, great people and a great vibe.

I have decided to take a break from throwing parties for a long time, at least until summer 2004. When we decided to end Revival, I thought about my experience with Nostalgia, United We Stand, Gravity Blue, Monumental, Stereo, Vision, and Revival. I realized that I was lucky enough to be a big part of the D.C. EDM Community in the past few years. I made some great friends, have some fantastic memories, and threw some damn good parties. It is time now to start a new part of my life in a new home with my wonderful girlfriend. Thank you all for your friendship, support and good vibes!

Please come out for the next few weeks as we host Alex Whalen (3/21), DJ Craze (3/28), and D:Fuse (4/4). Unfortunately we had to cancel the highly anticipated Dilinja and Lemon D. We are terribly disappointed about that cancellation as I'm sure you all are. We have contacted pre-sale holders and offered them the option of a full refund or rolling over their tickets for the Craze night. But alas, sometimes things are out of your control and to stay solvent, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I look forward to seeing you all in the coming weeks!"

It appears that the DC scene is slowly morphing into this scary reality that is the Florence scene - big clubs that play shit shit and more shit, and then a bunch of little places that host small local nights with an underground sound... and rarely ever do the bigtime DJs (or even those close) get into the city itself - only to the two decent venues that are too far to get to for those of us poor suckers who don't have cars :mad: (I swear I'm not bitter) :tongue:

Everyone go have fun @ Alex Whalen night! Wish I could be there!! :)