Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dancevalley reviews?

opium garden had an awsoem setup... i heard they couldnt blast the system on the main floor becasue it was in a residential area... so no bass, but sister bliss was good, and i just fuckin love johan gielen... took pictures with him and tiesto, who just came to chilll.....

left 20 minutes before marco v came on,,, why??? i dont have any idea...went to space and saw the line was gonna be another 2 hour night so just said fuck it and left

i went with dazed to this party..wowoowwowww...the best party at the conference for me..those dutch fucks can get down...sister blisss was amazing...ripped the shit outta the ol school trippin..then johan geilen..omggg...sickkkkkkkkk...we decided to bounce before marco v..that was a stupid idea..but whatever..this party was insane..and that club in the sickest club i have eva been in ...soundsystem is horrible though.

came as lucien foort started his set. met him upstairs later on and chatted about music for a little bit - really cool guy. also met michel de heij, which was hot. really beautiful club - i loved the whole outside mainstage with the palm trees and everything (will post pics in the next day or two - OG is a very wicked venue), though i wish the sound system could have been turned up and there were fans or something to quell the heat (dear god it was hot). brilliant trance from johan geilen - reminded me of why i loved the buildup/breakdown anthem formula for so long. he had everyone going nuts. he would have been the highlight of my night, had it not been for wandering upstairs to hear fausto who just fucking shredded the little HQ room into a million pieces. i'm definitely going to follow this guy's career...

sister bliss was good but a little too mellow given that the low volume... of course dropped something w/a little dido, and some superb tech/trance. i missed marco v because it was just too damn hot on the mainstage... de heij was obviously off the hook, but a major up was the P.A. by secret cinema - i wish i could have seen what was going on with his laptop - too many laptop buttonpushers just set up cubase and hit play... it would have been cool to see him tweaking the music live. the whole time i'm thinking 'that's going to be me up there someday'

big props to undertaker, nice to meet you finally. good luck with everything you've got going on. sorry i didn't get a chance to see larrylarge. brianna, what happened to you? you disappeared. loved the dancevalley festival footage going on upstairs - that was pretty hot. also the old hq and dv posters hanging in that first floor bar that nobody found.

i can't wait for august! (i'm already scoping out flights - looking like it will be italy -> amsterdam -> ibiza)

been there too... after what I've heard that night , I think Dutch DJ's are very under represented here in US , and many of them will kick PVD in the ass (I do like PVD but he's overrated)

Now I'm thinking about going to Dance Valley on August 2nd...

Ranking in order of quality of performance

1. Don Diablo

2. Cor Fijneman

3. Misja Hesloot

4. Dj Astrid

5. Johan Gielen

6. ?

Marco V is not even ranked. It wasn't just the sound system or that he spun for 45 minutes, his set was horrible. The only quality song that I heard was ../ *mp3 song* . Clocks is old and the push songs he played are played out. I know that it wasn't all his fault. The club was amazing looking (the key word is looking) The sound was horrid due to the main floor having no walls and being outside. The best place to be in the club was the dancefloor/lounge upstairs. Don and cor were awsome! Ive really never seen a guy with as much energy as Diablo behind the decks. When acceleration peaked he threw his water bottle's in the air and sprayed all of us with it :). Misja wouldn't play Baracheta for me :mad: !

Originally posted by Pyro264

Ranking in order of quality of performance

1. Don Diablo

2. Cor Fijneman

3. Misja Hesloot

4. Dj Astrid

5. Johan Gielen

6. ?

Marco V is not even ranked. It wasn't just the sound system or that he spun for 45 minutes, his set was horrible. The only quality song that I heard was ../ *mp3 song* . Clocks is old and the push songs he played are played out. I know that it wasn't all his fault. The club was amazing looking (the key word is looking) The sound was horrid due to the main floor having no walls and being outside. The best place to be in the club was the dancefloor/lounge upstairs. Don and cor were awsome! Ive really never seen a guy with as much energy as Diablo behind the decks. When acceleration peaked he threw his water bottle's in the air and sprayed all of us with it :). Misja wouldn't play Baracheta for me :mad: !

:eek: :eek: dan diablo was SICK!!!!!!! i had soo much fun.. cor finjeman was soo awesome too... hes such a nice guy... if dan diablo ever comes to nyc, i will deff check him out again.

unfortunately my camera died as soon as we got inside, so most of my pics are on my friend's dcam which i'm getting tomorrow.

here are the first to to whet your appetite:

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/WMC_2003-miami/36_dancevalley_by_plane.JPG

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/WMC_2003-miami/74_dance_valley_party_people.JPG

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~rob/pix/WMC_2003-miami/75_dj_lucien_in_the_place.JPG