Pictures of our courageous troops..

girly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sassa

elaborate on your comment, please.

for instance, there will be alot of openings in the Iraqi millitary, secondly the unemployment rate will defenetly be lower after the war, than before the war started.......

ummm.... there will be alot of construction jobs available after the war... jk-well maybe not.

:laugh:

elaborate on your comment, please.

Well we're liberating a country....Getting rid of an opressive leader....Giving the Iraqi people a chance to live in freedom....Hopefully changing Anti-US sentiment in the Middle East....Letting people in the middle east see that you can live better lives if you get rid of the people that opress you....

Its very easy to bash a war that might affect the american way life even though it liberates a group of people that have been opressed for decades....Live a day in the life of the Iraqis and all the anti-war people would be singing a different tune.....Marching down the street chanting out against your gov't would get You and your family killed in iraq....Posting anti-gov't crap on the internet....Def. garuntee you a few broken legs if not more....I for one am totally for this war no matter how it affects my lifestyle cause in the long run it will do alot of good for America and the rest of the world....

Originally posted by nycmuzik

Its very easy to bash a war that might affect the american way life even though it liberates a group of people that have been opressed for decades....Live a day in the life of the Iraqis and all the anti-war people would be singing a different tune.....Marching down the street chanting out against your gov't would get You and your family killed in iraq....Posting anti-gov't crap on the internet....Def. garuntee you a few broken legs if not more....I for one am totally for this war no matter how it affects my lifestyle cause in the long run it will do alot of good for America and the rest of the world....

lets face it most liberals are self centered, they talk all this bull shit, yet they do not know what the Iraqi people go through on a daily basis, nor are they willing to bare arms and defend the Iraqi peoples rights. :rolleyes:

pure cowardness.

Originally posted by dnice35

lets face it most liberals are self centered, they talk all this bull shit, yet they do not know what the Iraqi people go through on a daily basis, nor are they willing to bare arms and defend the Iraqi peoples rights. :rolleyes:

pure cowardness.

i suppose "non-liberals" would know about this more than "liberals" would? please. what a dumb comment.

Originally posted by nycmuzik

nice comment, but you are also touching the surface of this issue. you don't bring into account the basis behind this country's intent to invade and destroy the infrastructure of iraq. granted, we can all agree that saddam is a bad influence. but who said it was up to us to take him out? i believe people see the truth but choose to believe whatever is convenient for them.

i would rather continue to oppose this war and risk having a broken leg (although it won't happen) rather than be duped by what this fake president and ill-equipped administration is giving us. if anyone believes everything they say for face value, then they truly are an idiot.

blacks and women in this country have been oppressed for decades, why don't they take care of their internal affairs first before meddling in the internal affairs of other nation-states? this would be deemed illegal under international law as well, and was one of the components for the westphalia treaty in the 17th century...the basis of the modern concepts of international law and the idea of the nation-state itself, an idea that the USA claims it upholds.

after seing the destruction and loss of life cause by war, people tend to value and appreciate life that much more.

hmmm..... I actually sound like a decent human being in that post. sometimes I worry myself. :worry:

hmmm..... I actually sound like a decent human being in that post. sometimes I worry myself. :worry:

yes, for a second, i mistook you as one myself...then i saw your screenname...and i was jolted back into reality....

Originally posted by girly

after reading some of these replies, i can't help but thinking again, why the fuck do some of you live in this country:confused:

I'd have to agree with the Girly girl,

At first, I was very interested in this thread of beautiful photo's of liberating Iraq (as my opinion of the the context), then I was sicked by this turning into yet another silly whose for war and whose not battle... blah..

What's done is done...

Man up, step up, and support your country.

Realize this, granted it could be seen as courageous or obedient so on and so forth.

One thing it is, is necessary, no one would argue that an evil man should be in power of a country as well as be allowed to get away with murder, and even semi- attempted genocide, (4,000, kurds a few years back) as well as a number of other vicious acts Im not even going to bother to mention.

Granted you can say the U.S. is playing the global bully, just becuase we are getting into everyone else's business.

To those that believe and support that idea, realize this, many a countries have noted of Saddam's wrong doing, but hardly any took the initiative to do something about it.

The USA, is not a bully, but rather a big brother, of the world. We see someone being picked on, we fuck em up..simple as that.

Ok, Ill save my full on speech for another day...

Peace (punn intended):laugh:

Originally posted by eccentricmofo

The USA, is not a bully, but rather a big brother, of the world. We see someone being picked on, we fuck em up..simple as that.

Ok, Ill save my full on speech for another day...

Peace (punn intended):laugh:

not in the name of justice...but if they want something from that country. please! don't be so blind.

nice comment, but you are also touching the surface of this issue. you don't bring into account the basis behind this country's intent to invade and destroy the infrastructure of iraq. granted, we can all agree that saddam is a bad influence. but who said it was up to us to take him out? i believe people see the truth but choose to believe whatever is convenient for them.

i would rather continue to oppose this war and risk having a broken leg (although it won't happen) rather than be duped by what this fake president and ill-equipped administration is giving us. if anyone believes everything they say for face value, then they truly are an idiot.

blacks and women in this country have been oppressed for decades, why don't they take care of their internal affairs first before meddling in the internal affairs of other nation-states? this would be deemed illegal under international law as well, and was one of the components for the westphalia treaty in the 17th century...the basis of the modern concepts of international law and the idea of the nation-state itself, an idea that the USA claims it upholds.

The infrastructure of Iraq is beign spared at great costs and its putting alot of American soldiers at risk....Why havent coalition forces moved into Basra yet?....The reason is because the Iraqi soldiers are hiding in civilian areas and those have been labeled "off-limit' targets....So the coalition is going to great lengths to make sure that once Saddam is out of the power, the Iraqi people have a large part of their country still intact...And the reason that we have to go in is because the Iraqi people are not capable of taking care of their own problem....He is a threat to us and he must be taken out....If people want us to fight AIDS in Africa and give money to under-developed countries all over the world than we reserve the right to defend ourselves whenever a problem like Saddam comes up....

not in the name of justice...but if they want something from that country. please! don't be so blind.

I'm not blind at all, I do indeed understand the fact that there is more then one motive at play here..

Think of it this way, I will say that politics in this country ( my opinion) have been way too intertwined with the economic little bird on the US's shoulder. Causing policy to be filled with money instigated blah blah b.s.

I can agree with that way of thinking.

But with almost every single conflict, war, etc, there has always been many perspectives you can take on it.

The reason, I believe, is that no action would be taken if it just was one motive, so a collection of reasons is presented....causing action to finally take place.

Going in for oil, eases the worries of the money mogules and going in for liberating the Iraqi people eases the mind of pretty much every one else...

Welcome to politics...

lol.