Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So What IS everyone doing this weekend?

noira

My plans are actually kinda simple.

Exorcist tonite (never seen the movie!)

followed by rum soaked pineapples at Blue

Saturday - mmmm - i'm not so sure about Emerson i may opt for a nice quiet evening at home - stop laughing

Sunday - Nikki's on the Beach - missed the past few weeks - need my nikki fix

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend - and remember - DON'T be good cwm30.gif

Damn, Noira; that's MY kind of weekend!!! We'll have to meet up one of these days... cwm29.gif Tell me how Exorcist is on the big screen - I've been meaning to catch it!

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

maybe a meet up at lawler next thursday akkaris? eh?

blue was fab tonite (fri) - great music - the dj is at level tomorrow nite so i think i'll check him out - think danny t at vinyl and add a little mmm - funky dark - that was blue tonite...

Exorcist - HOLY SHITE!!!! good movie - i'm from DC area - so i recognize quite a bit of g-town there - home sweet home -

as for emerson - i DO want to see him sometime - but i'm not sure he's MY style and spending $25-30 on the door at space for him just doesn't thrill me -

i may just wait til WMC time...

D - Blue is located on Espanola way and Collins - basically across the street from the side door of Crobar.

It's turning into a very cool VERY TINY li'l bar/club - great house - this dj Marc Vance spun last nite - called his genre "tropical beats" but it's more than that...

No Emerson for me tonite...my recommendation to all is to come to level tonite cwm30.gif

D> Blue is phat; excellent vibe w/ great house music... it's small, but no VIP/door issues. You gotta check it out!

Noira> Blue's been going off for at least a year now! There's nothing "new" about it - I've had good times there since last Conference at least...

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Noira> You like Level? I've never had a great time there... the soundsystem is crap; and the resident DJs are total shit.

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Noira> Sounds like a good night at Blue (when is it not)... I was at the Lounge here in West Palm; same owner as Blue. No DJ, but excellent house music on mixed CDs. Cool that you liked Exorcist on the big screen. I used to live in DC as well (in Bethesda to be exact), and when I was on the rowing team for my high school we used to run up and down those stairs almost every day! cwm19.gif And add "funky, dark" to DT - how is that possible?! cwm26.gif I agree about Emerson as well; not worth $30 in my book.

------------------

I liked level last nite; i'd only been once before on their gay nite and like you was not really impressed with their sound system, and the crowd was so-so. Last nite though was just incredible - they had these live dance acts that danced around the DJ booth set up on the stage on the main floor -he had this background behind him of a starry nite with neon stars - wicked -

Marc Vane is right now MY favorite dj in so. fla. - he's the regular for blue's friday bamboo party - he's managed to infuse the best parts of house music and dark progressive and disco into this sound - sooo cool.

Noira> I'll have to check out this DJ you're talking about; sounds llike a good style. About Level, every Saturday is pretty much like that - dancers, starry background, etc. I've just never felt a true vibe there; maybe it's just me!

Charger> I've been out of DC for over 10 years now, but I do miss it - I think it's a very classy city. What high school did you go to there? Did you ever hit the ESL - run by Thievery Corp? I'd love to check that place out!

------------------

Charger> Must have missed you by a few years... were you able to frequent Deep Dish gigs while in DC? ever hit the Yoshi shop? Seems like there's a nice scene in development at the moment...

------------------

I just moved from DC this past summer. I wasn't involved in the scene 5 years ago - but it's slowly improving over the past couple years - this fall especially. DC will never quite be up to the levels of New York, San Fran or Miami. The only real club is Buzz at Nation, and Red where Saeed and Palash can often be found. I hear Club Zei is also doing some improvements - they're starting to book some decents DJs but i'm not sure that will ever make up for the asian teen gang unit in place there. Also a sweet li'l sushi bar called Dragonfly spins great dnb (ala kruder and dorfmeister) while japanese anime plays on the wall - that was my personal favorite place - sushi, chill dnb and anime - three of my fave's!

Yoshitoshi shop is ok - going through some growing pains but i think it's a definte improvement over MusicNow - Alex Whalen is doing a great job of managing the shop and have you checked it out online? ali and sharam are pretty involved on the message board.

Noira> Yeah; I cehck out their site constantly... and I post now and then on their board (I saw your post by the way; I had a similar one several weeks before). And yeah; it's cool that they respond to most messages!

------------------

Archived