Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***OFFICIAL*** DC CP WMC Review Thread

vicman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rockyblue

did anyone hear the new deep dish/ p diddy track? i hear it was the record of the conference.

ya, i can't wait to hear what pdiddy does with electronic music...ugh! so is deep dish opting for ealy retirement and just trying to make as much quick cash as they can? or do they really think people are taking this seriously.....

Originally posted by revaluation

ya, i can't wait to hear what pdiddy does with electronic music...ugh! so is deep dish opting for ealy retirement and just trying to make as much quick cash as they can? or do they really think people are taking this seriously.....

Well, you can't make the bling bling catering to the underground.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I did. Tenaglia dropped it. P Diddy was in the booth with PvD as well.

Whoa! PvDiddy? Diddy Tenaglia? Deep Diddy?

So if Snoop Dogg aligns himself with Saeed & Palash, you think Sharam is gonna get whacked in front of the Yoshitoshi offices?

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

So if Snoop Dogg aligns himself with Saeed & Palash, you think Sharam is gonna get whacked in front of the Yoshitoshi offices?

I think next week I'm gonna be listening to the radio and think I hear a PvD track only to find out PDiddy has remixed it, added vocals and called it something else :rolleyes:

He was rocking out to PvD. At least I know he knows a good dj when he sees one :D

How did PDiddy get in this? For some reason I don't see Pdiddy "keeping it real" within the EDM scene. I am starting to really feel some serious selling out. But hell why not, I would. It's all about keeping it real, keeping it really deep in the pockets.

But who know. Maybe that's what the culture needs.

Maybe it's time to start looking for something else a little more underground. Like Bluegrass, Maybe I should start listening to bluegrass music, cause that shits never gonna sell out. Hit up the Shady Grove Bluegrass Festival. I think Ricky Scruggs is going to be there this year.

Originally posted by therunner

How did PDiddy get in this? For some reason I don't see Pdiddy "keeping it real" within the EDM scene. I am starting to really feel some serious selling out. But hell why not, I would. It's all about keeping it real, keeping it really deep in the pockets.

But who know. Maybe that's what the culture needs.

Maybe it's time to start looking for something else a little more underground. Like Bluegrass, Maybe I should start listening to bluegrass music, cause that shits never gonna sell out. Hit up the Shady Grove Bluegrass Festival. I think Ricky Scruggs is going to be there this year.

Fuck keeping it real. Keeping it real is just an excuse for being poor.

That's why I agreed that I would sell out too.

If Pdiddy would front me millions to make him millions, hell yeah I'd do it. I would pimp out an escalade, and get me a bunch of ho's and go chill with snoop and Fred Durst, and laugh at the people that made me millions and say "Thanks for keeping it real"

Now pay your 20-25 at the door and 4 bucks fro a bottle of cheap ass water and buy my CD fro 25 bucks.

Thank you and have a nice day, my massage therapist is waiting on me.

Originally posted by therunner

Now pay your 20-25 at the door and 4 bucks fro a bottle of cheap ass water and buy my CD fro 25 bucks.

wow, where do you throw this party? sounds like a deal to me! Space was $50 each night and water was $6/$7 a bottle.

I did get a lot of free cds though...

Tiny: I think it was "Nothing But You." I love that song. He ended his set, dropped this song as an encore, and then dropped one last song from his CD, "Politics From Dancing." I don't know if "Nothing But You" is going to be on his next CD.

Try this link:

http://www.chrispork.com/code/arctic.html

The song is on that page (but in REALLY crappy WMA format). I have a better mp3 version. I'll e-mail it to you if you want it.

I loved the song before I knew what it meant. The translation makes me love it even more.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

wow, where do you throw this party? sounds like a deal to me! Space was $50 each night and water was $6/$7 a bottle.

I did get a lot of free cds though...

I was just talking about a regular friday night party. Nothing special. But yeah, prices would go up. I would also have lots of strippers too. GHETTO BOOTY!!!

"keeping it real" is actually about making ryhmes about selling drugs and shooting people so that you can sell records to suburban white kids and makes million of dollars.

Originally posted by makoshark

Tiny: I think it was "Nothing But You." I love that song. He ended his set, dropped this song as an encore, and then dropped one last song from his CD, "Politics From Dancing." I don't know if "Nothing But You" is going to be on his next CD.

Try this link:

http://www.chrispork.com/code/arctic.html

The song is on that page (but in REALLY crappy WMA format). I have a better mp3 version. I'll e-mail it to you if you want it.

I loved the song before I knew what it meant. The translation makes me love it even more.

man, when I talked to you yesterday i was still :drunk: I know that track *lol* I have it on several of his sets.

I love that track too! The vocals are phenominal. Ugh, I wish I had found you at Ultra!!!

Originally posted by rockyblue

did anyone hear the new deep dish/ p diddy track? i hear it was the record of the conference.

it was not the track of the confrence....it was just the most overplayed track @ wmc because pditty was going to all the partys making djs play it.

song gets old after 2168529 times hearing it in one week

I had a blast! Here's my short review:

GOt in on Wed. Went to the hotel and chilled for a while before the Infusion/tronic party at Level. Unfortunately, many of the DJ's set-times posted were wrong, so most of the time I wasn't sure which DJ was spinning. However, I can say that Jody sucked big-time! Really enjoyed Hybrid's set, and most of the techno DJ's. Adam Beyer, I think, closed out the main room.

Thurs - went to the Surfcomber for the pool party with D:FUSE, Saeed&Palash, etc. Very chill time, listening to good beats. I then met up with some friends at the Sabor. Porter and Zabiella were going 2 on 2, and played some jamming tracks, in a DJ booth that really did look like a concierge desk.

Got to S&D at Space around 10:45pm. I guess people have this love/hate thing with Space. I actually really liked the venue. It was a bit like Buzz, with a front room, long dance-floor (about 2/3 the size of Buzz's), and outside terrace. The sound system was incredible, at least where I was standing. Most of the people were cool, but maybe thats because I spent a lot of the time in the middle of the dancefloor. The people in the front did seem a bit weird though, especially when these two guys, who seemed to be rolling for the first time or something, were just jumping around and annoying everyone. Went crazy when they dropped "Nobody Listens to Techno"!

Went onto the terrace about 10am or so. Really fun place, but kinda hard on the eyes, being cracked out without sunglasses. Lawler was spinning some really nice tunes, hard progressive house. The best part of the terrace was when, all of the sudden, I heard the "shhheeeeee" of the kryonefix! I was like..."whhhaaat, they have this outside??!". It was so powerful, that, even with the noon sun almost on top of us, the fog was so thick I could barely see the person next to me! Damn, was that refreshing! We went back downstairs about 11:45am, just as S&D were closing up. Left around noon, but I believe the terrace was still going. BTW, Space and a few other clubs have a 24 hour liquor license - not sure if this is a regular thing or just for the WMC.

Fri - was exhausted, but got up around 4pm, and met up with some friends coming back from the pool party where Ali(LES) was spinning. Attemped to go to Nikki beach but the line was about a mile long, so we went to this penthouse (party) that some naughtyboothers had rented. That was an amazing place to just chill and listen to your friends spin! THat night we went to Maze. Nice space, and though, when you first walked in, it looks small, it has four different rooms, that you have to go through a "maze" to get to. Ali banged it out(really enjoyed his set), as did JOhn Creamer! Surprisingly, he spun a very hard set that actually had some fusion! The rest of the crew left early but Pete, Sandra (one of Petes friends), and I stayed till 7am - the end of DJ Vibe's set (great DJ).

Sat - Went back to the penthouse, chilled and got to hear Ali, Brian, and others spin. Later on, went to Nerve to hear Lawler. I don't know if the AC and lights were broken when Brian went, but it didn't seem toooo bad. However, it was really small, more a bar than a club.

Around 5am or so, a few us went to Space for Deep Dish, but they were not letting anyone in. I should have gone back with the rest when they left, but I decided to stick around and pay the $100 (!!!!??!). After about 45 minutes, I got in. With some luck I ran into some more friends. Deep Dish played a much more bangin set then I expected.

Went upstairs to see Howells at 7'ish...as always, he was a blast to watch and listen to. Left around 11am coz I had to check out by noon. Maybe got an hour sleep and then checked out.

RE: P Diddy.......

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.......isn't the name of it "Let's Get Ill" featuring Kelis, that chick with the crazy hair that sang "Hey Dirty, baby I got your money..."

I think there is a trance mix, house mix, downtempo mix, etc.

I'm curious to hear it, b/c I was just leaving Space as he dropped it, and I saw P Diddy in the booth, yet didn't realize it was his song that PvD was playing. oh well. pretty interesting, I think.