Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC experience rundown

Wednesday: Arrive at 3pm, check in and head straight for some dnb pool party with kris (thehacker/rekall). heard the new scientific track twice. laura arrives and we walk along the beach for a while. the other girls (kaf and renee) arrive and we head over to remix hotel for some free bacardi (man that asti blue tasted like shit!). Went over to the tronic treatment/long night out party at level. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING pa by infusion - as smooth as a good dj set, amazing use of the vocoder (hmmmmmmmm) and the nord. i met one of them backstage and i'm thinking 'man that's got to be ME someday'. the tronic djs were off the hook, but the electro in the back room was even nicer. hawtin was hanging out there, and viktor was going on about how he was going to play a free set (even tho level was closing in 20 minutes) and then telling people that he was on right now... and suddenly sprouted hair! haha out of control. Walked home along the beach and passed out.

Thursday: Spent the day on the beach with the girls and kris. some stuff happened but i forgot what... i'll have to see the pictures. went to another dnb pool party where someone dropped the scientific track. Ended up back at remix for the turntablism sesh, but didn't stay very long. we all walked downtown to opium garden for dancevalley (see my review), closed that out and went home. one of the girls hit it off with some guy and they went out to s+d at space.

Friday: in a mad dash to get to nikki beach for royksopp and miguel migs, but finding a cab was quite a problem (the only one that stopped for us said he couldn't take us down becuase he was facing up and kicked us out of his car) so we ended up finding the closest bar with house to sit and chill. we wander in only to find out that it was the cleavlander (aka the south beach gym, aka sound factory flying down south for the winter) having their bridge and tunnel reunion - the ultra mega super pool party. had some coronas and some mystery punch which knocked me senseless and spent the next hour doing the meathead dance (hold your beer, shake your neck, and check out everything in sight). actually, we spent the rest of the trip making fun of the meathead dance :)

Missed circle de soleil with de la soul at delano (FUCK!!!!) and headed back to level for that other party that i forgot what it was called. i was thinking the lineup was ok - genre blending is good. d:fuse who didn't impress me when i heard him in ny fucking shredded - he had a drum pad midi controller and was bangin out bongos over the prog and tribal. very very cool. i enjoyed the siren girls spinnig breakbeat upstairs (i'm not usually a fan) but i didn't even attempt to go near the dnb room because it was so mobbed, though i did hear the scientific track twice while passing through during the night. Kris weaseled his way into vip access and was going on and on about how icey rocked and how he gave his promo to 3 of the bad company people. i met some girl from madrid with a joint who i instantly fell in love with... but trying to flirt surrounded by bassbins cranked up to 11 is not easy. Spent the rest of the party chilling by the Kappa balcony overlooking the house room drinking that free energy stuff they were giving out.

Saturday: slept for a long time. went down to the kent for a pretty sweet party with breaks/dnb and some disco house. they have the sweetest setup - its like you're in the rainforest or something, draped on all sides by palm trees and hanging flora. met the head of PS1, who was mad chill while doublefisting coronas. Ended up eating some terrible sushi and to compensate we went to mango and got completely fucking toasted. walked along the beach and started chatting with two random guys who were also into production, and smoked a whole lot.

Now i'm home. I'm tired. I have a midterm tomorrow so i'd better get to studying!!!

peaz,

rob

Just so that I can remember what went down for me...

Arrived Wednesday night, then went to the Buzzlife party at Maze

I spent 20 minutes waiting in the wrong line for another party there (Aquabooty, with Miguel Migs and co, on the roof), which was list-only. Then I went to the right line, and got right in. DJ's I saw there were: Crystal Method, Hybrid, Jody of Way Out West, Micro. Lotsa breaks.

I would later see Jody again at Dance Valley and Astralwerks

Thursday:

Iberican Sound @ Townhouse hotel - on the roof!

Nightclubcity @ Billboard Live

(I also wanted to go to Insanity @ Honey, and Shameless @ Sabor, but Honey was closed and I wasn't able to stay long enough to make paying cover for Shameless worthwhile - too bad, as it seemed to be quite happening )

Nikki Beach for a short time, while waiting for Opium Garden to open for Dance Valley

Dance Valley - why was I the only person there who didn't see Tiesto in the house??!

Friday:

Thumpradio event @ Surfcomber poolside - a friend of mine was spinning there

DJCentral pool party @ Clevelander

Balearic People : Ibiza Sound @ Joia

Astralwerks/Naked at Nikki Beach

Radio1 @ Opium Garden for a short time

PVD @ Space

Saturday:

Ultra, from open to close

La Troya Asesina @ Level

For Sunday, I finally had a chance to hang out on the beach, but then it rained! :mad:

Originally posted by wallflour

JAstralwerks/Naked at Nikki Beach

Radio1 @ Opium Garden for a short time

how were these? both events i wanted to go to but couldn't make it because of cab problems. we were WAY too tired to walk all the way down from 17th...

Originally posted by dialectics

how were these? both events i wanted to go to but couldn't make it because of cab problems. we were WAY too tired to walk all the way down from 17th...

The Nikki Beach party was packed and the vibe was great

The Radio 1 event didn't use all the rooms like Dance Valley did.

I came after the Essential Selection broadcast was finished, but things seemed to be still going somewhat well. I'm not sure who was spinning at the time.