Clubplanet Nightlife Community

steve lawler last night

james954

yes james, that is something that he def. did!! steve was brillant!! def. one of my top 4 sets of the year!! steve is now moved into my top 3 favorite dj's!!

this was a long day for the man behind 'deep south'. to start his plane was delaid and he didn't get into town til around midnight (he was supposed to be here at 3:00pm). he had about an hour before he had to go to the club (which by the way was very nice!).

we walked in just as steve was putting down his first track. it was about 1:30am and the place was packed with some of the most clueless, pretentious people this planet has ever seen!! but then again we are on south beach...anyway, lawler waisted no time! he started out with a accapella similer to the one used on disc one of his NuBreed...it was dark and tribally with a pounding bassline! then he moved through alot of tracks that are feat. on NuBreed with a classic track off of renaissance 4 thrown right in the middle of the whole thing!! it was fucking great!! i had just gotten done listening to the track right before we left the house so it was special to hear it out again!! then it was right back to the pounding bass with the freak project's 'beat of a drum'!! and off he went!! i had the chance to get some great pics. through out the night and was invited to hang-out in the dj booth! i chated with steve on and off all night and let me tell you that he is a class bloke!! one of the nicest people around!! i was given an autographed promo copy of the new mixes (nalin & kane vocal mix/ 16B dub mix) of steve's track 'rise in' which hasn't been released yet and won't be for at least another two weeks!! was told that lawler really wants to play at 'space' and/or crobar and is planning on doing so someime in the near future...

all in all it was a brillant night out!! definitly worth the trouble we had at the door (even though we were on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> )

it took me going into the club while leaving my 2 friends behind to go get our friend who put us on the list to come out and tell the door guy to let us in!! i swear south beach is so pretentious!! but we ended up getting in right on time so no worrys!!

here is a tracklisting of just about every track steve played...he used the cevin fisher 'paridice garage' accapella once

in no preticular order...

1: datar-'be'

2: lil mo yin yang-'reach' (bassment jaxx fiecracker mix)

3: BPT feat. danny morales-'moody'

4: the freak project-'beat of a drum'

5: funcky junction/K.C. flight-'voices'

6: lambada-'hold on tight'

7: steve lawler-'rise in'

8: sniper pass-'obsession'

9: frankie knuckles-'what do you want

(from me)'

10: everything but the girl-'5 fathems' (club 69 mix)

11: green velvet-'answering machine'

12: neil himmons-'pray'

13: the black science orchestra-'the altered states Ep'

14: electronic tease-'your love'in'

15: rui de silva feat. cassandra-'touch me'

16: cevin fisher-'the way we used to'

17: chab-'matica'

18: white labal-'fixa boy' (spelling??)

19: angel alanis & halo-'unknown'

20: A2-'do you like the way you feel when your shake'

21: saeed & palash-'dooms day'

22: PQM feat. cica-'the flying song'

23: white lable-'unknown'

not bad for a trainspotter!! wink.gif

sorry you guys missed it!! guess you'll have to wait til the conference for another dose of Mr. lawler...

cheers!

Hi guys!

I am Pekka from Finland. I will come to Miami in Thanksgiving week and I don't want party alone. I love to dance and listen good music. I have heard that in Miami is very good clubs and great people. So, if you want some international color to your company so mail me to address peklak@iobox.fi and probably we could keep party time together. if you want more information concerning me, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pekka

Loraine> Don't worry; just like we said last night, he'll be back down... so are you up for checking out some good house music w/ me and my posse next week? Let me know... cwm16.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Marick> Dude, you trip me out... were you there w/ pen & pad last night? how'd you get that list together? Must have a wicked memory... and avoid frequent doses of the herb. cwm20.gif

Nice to see Stevey-boy pumpin' out some house tunes in the prog mix; maybe he can get some converts from the glowstickers of the world! cwm24.gif

------------------

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

as a matter of fact kev. i did have a pen...i had to use the envolope that the invite came in as my pad though wink.gif i was in the booth almost all night so i got a good look at all the records...and for the time i wasn't in the booth, my memory did it's job! as for the herb, i don't do any form of drug and i don't drink either! the music is my drug/addiction, i don't need any mind altering substance's in order to large'it!! i can party just as long if not longer the anyone on drugs!! just ask d...he'll tell you!! so yeah, i guess you could say i have a pretty good memory!

i also had my cammra + 2 1/2 rolls of film with me.

like d. said, i always go to a club prepared! as for the pics. the damn party was just last night d!! give me a day or 10 to get some extra cash so i can deveope and post them...i've got pics. of diggers in this up coming bach as well so stay tuned...

kev. you never e-mailed me about what your plans were for this past weekend?!?!?! what did you end up doing?? what are you doing on sunday night??? do you want to go see my mates jon cowan and austin leeds spin?? drop me a line and let me know? other wise we can meet up next friday for LTJ...

cheers!!

[This message has been edited by marick (edited 10-28-2000).]

Marick> I never made it down; but I certainly hope to next week for either Lil Louis or E Morillo - let me know if you'll be at either of those. I'll e-mail you in any case when I plan on coming down; I'm sure we'll meet up soon.

------------------

Archived