Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Highlight of Ultra?

Codica3

What was everyone's?

Well.. since Danny Howells didn't show up at his set I was really pissed off.. and I didn't think ANYTHING could get me outta my bad mood.

But I wandered over to the breaks stage..

And HOLY SHIT.. :eek: :eek:

UBERZONE

:bday: :bday:

Fucking blowing shit up.. live PA.. FUCKING NUTS.. :eek:

thought Junkie XL was really good too! I must say also that the set that Sander played on the terrace at space was sick!!! I can't talk about this anymore being home makes me sad!!:(

What a great time, and of course you gotta give it up to Danny for playing a great set for the opening of Space!

Originally posted by spinstar

rabbit in the moon.

Ok.. I went and heard like 25 minutes of Rabbit in the Moon.. and I wasn't impressed at all.. I didn't even hear any music.. it seems like it was more of a visual show than a musical one?? I'm not really sure.. but the beats didn't get any better so I left.. did they get better later in the set?? Cause I was confused about where the music was.. all I saw was the guy walking around the stage and jumping around being crazy with a suit of lights on.. :confused:

RITM was fawkin' SICK. i Think that was the best show i've seen in a long time.....the visuals were FANFUCKINTASTIC, confucius was FLAWLESS, the new track was DOPE and so were the couple new acts they introduced in their show. I also have to say that being picked to get grinded on stage was a great honor. A few of my friends have been grinded before and words cannot express the kind of energy that flows through your body during and after the grindage.....the whole experience was very surreal.

Here are some pics from the show....

http://www.theotherside.com/chaz/wmc22/

I was also really impressed with Underworld but not as much as Hybrid's P.A. it was a great pleasure to hear some of Hybrid's new tracks with the new vocalist i thought was really fuckin' AMAZING....great energy and voice. they concluded with an all time favorite ....'finished symphony.' everyone, including myself was outa control at that point.

The conference, as always, was over too soon :(

Originally posted by Codica3

Ok.. I went and heard like 25 minutes of Rabbit in the Moon.. and I wasn't impressed at all.. I didn't even hear any music.. it seems like it was more of a visual show than a musical one?? I'm not really sure.. but the beats didn't get any better so I left.. did they get better later in the set?? Cause I was confused about where the music was.. all I saw was the guy walking around the stage and jumping around being crazy with a suit of lights on.. :confused:

*damage control* :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I had to leave halfway through the RITM set as Dave was starting to play OBE. Up to that point, the show was very good. I was really hoping, not only for my own enjoyment, but for the benefit RITM that they would unveil a new show (esp. new music) for this years conference with the release of a new (and first) RITM album looming over head...but alas, with the exception of one track, it was all older music.:blank:

Anyways, as far as Hybrid was concerned...I was disappointed. The last time I saw them live was Ultra Beach in '99. On a technical standpoint, it seemed as though there was a portion of the sound-field that was missing...somewhere in the mid to high range. The music did not seem as full as that distinctive "Hybrid" sound is so well known to be. The addition of the drummer was very cool...

I thought, however, that the bass player didn't add / subtract much to the show and the guitarist / singer was a huge let down. I don't know who that was, but he had no place there, as far as I'm concerned. He was a distraction to the music...it just didn't sound like the hybrid I know and love. I felt like I was watching more of a Brit Rock / Punk show than fuckin' Hybrid. I felt that the energy in the set kept shifting in opposing directions...I didn't feel as though the intensity was steady or building...it was random and choppy and made it hard to get really excited about the show.

I miss the old Hybrid...the deep dark rich powerful intense throbbing pulsating badass motherfuckers that blew me away before and the first time I saw them and ever since with practically every release they ever put out.

FX

the guitarist / singer was a huge let down. I don't know who that was, but he had no place there, as far as I'm concerned. He was a distraction to the music...it just didn't sound like the hybrid I know and love.

Maybe the sound system at Ultra wasn't as good as say FABRIC or perhaps the new SPACE. But that's no fault of theirs.

i have 48hrs + worth of Hyrbid Dj/live sets and i belive they're only getting BIGGER and BETTER. The most recent set i have, has one of the new songs they played at Ultra and it's INSANE......with the vocals.

you obviously have not been getting familiar with their new stuff......it's time to progress with the times. the vocalist's name is Adam, btw....he's an EXCELLENT find imho.....Hybrid has become a full fledged band with:

Alex - drummer

Tim - bassist (who also works with Oakey and GA)

Adam - vocalist and guitarist

Peter Hook (from New Order) has collaborated with them on the new album which should be out by may-june.

Hybrid will still have their 'distincti've sounds with a twist or shall we say 'more balls'......only to be welcomed for those who can handle it.

i'll let them know you send them your love....if they remember the 1 min conversation u had with them that is :D

i'll let them know you send them your love....if they remember the 1 min conversation u had with them that is

And the winner of the "Who is better friends with the famous artist" contest is............*drum roll please*......:rolleyes:

who cares? FX is a fan of Hybrid as well as yourself.

Originally posted by meng

And the winner of the "Who is better friends with the famous artist" contest is............*drum roll please*......:rolleyes:

who cares? FX is a fan of Hybrid as well as yourself.

lol.....WHATEVER!!!!! fan, yah oooookaaay...... that was not what i was trying to prove but i guess the green eyed monster missed the point AGAIN...heh

and it sounds to me like YOU are the one spouting off about being friends with an artist :puke: in fact IF you're really friends with dave, i'm quite sorry for him since you always put him down here, but mostly on Halluci EVERY chance you get. really pathetic actually. actually i don't know if that's more pathetic than you being a self promoting whore :peeright::dj::peeleft:

moving along.......................

thanx mimi dahling....

more GREAT times ahead ;)

Originally posted by raincrysobe

lol.....WHATEVER!!!!! fan, yah oooookaaay...... that was not what i was trying to prove but i guess the green eyed monster missed the point AGAIN...heh

and it sounds to me like YOU are the one spouting off about being friends with an artist :puke: in fact IF you're really friends with dave, i'm quite sorry for him since you always put him down here, but mostly on Halluci EVERY chance you get. really pathetic actually. actually i don't know if that's more pathetic than you being a self promoting whore :peeright::dj::peeleft:

moving along.......................

thanx mimi dahling....

more GREAT times ahead ;)

You're right. That shit shouldn't be said here. Oh and your insults are just brilliant by the way.

Oh and your insults are just brilliant by the way.

i'm afraid i can't take credit for all of that......the truth shines by itself without any help.....

nice clean up work there. any future jabs or underlying jabs you and u'r BOY have (against my friends as well), i suggest you start being straightforward and cease from doing it off public forums.

back to the topic at hand.......

Maybe the sound system at Ultra wasn't as good as say FABRIC or perhaps the new SPACE. But that's no fault of theirs.

i have 48hrs + worth of Hyrbid Dj/live sets and i belive they're only getting BIGGER and BETTER. The most recent set i have, has one of the new songs they played at Ultra and it's INSANE......with the vocals.

you obviously have not been getting familiar with their new stuff......it's time to progress with the times. the vocalist's name is Adam, btw....he's an EXCELLENT find imho.....Hybrid has become a full fledged band with:

Alex - drummer

Tim - bassist (who also works with Oakey and GA)

Adam - vocalist and guitarist

Peter Hook (from New Order) has collaborated with them on the new album which should be out by may-june.

Hybrid will still have their 'distincti've sounds with a twist or shall we say 'more balls'......only to be welcomed for those who can handle it.

i'll let them know you send them your love....if they remember the 1 min conversation u had with them that is :D

I'm not gonna get petty as to who is a bigger fan and whatnot...

I do remember you, at one point, calling Hybrid's music Fluffy Breaks or some crap like that (With a negative connotation) before you had any idea what was up with them. Me...I've been following and purchasing their music since '97 or so and been following their progression quite closely (at least as far as their music is concerned)...

And I am expressing my opinion as a fan of the quality music they've put out...

Speaking of putting out...perhaps, like you do with Rabbit, you are clouded in your thoughts (or maybe you just don't know any better, from a musical standpoint) as to what does and does not sound good...but as a devoted fan of Hybrid for so long, I was just expressing how I felt of their show at Ultra...using the comparitive reference points of the live show I'd seen prior, sets they've played elsewhere that I've been able to acquire, and the music I've purchased for a number of years. I think they are going in a direction I don't necessarily appreciate.

I would never expect you to understand...you are a star-struck fan..which is fine...I'm happy you are able to enjoy yourself with the music as much as you do...but I'm not gonna settle for what I feel to be sub-standard work from artists that I know are capable of much more.

Just because they've added more people to the show does not, by default, make it a better show. It might look all cool and stuff visually to see a bunch of people doing stuff on stage, but my interest, first and foremost, is the music...and sometimes, less is more.

Like Sean often says, "You are entitled to my opinion." In the meantime, you just keep on holding on to what's really important to you (now that you've reached the pinnacle of your existence, getting grinded) ... and keep collecting pictures of you kissing random DJ's and Artists whom you know nothing about

part1.gifpart2.gifpart3.gifpart4.gif

And who the fuck ever said self-promotion is a bad thing???

Oh yeah...Raincry did...then it must be so.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For locals like Sean and I, it's all we got. At this point, we can't expect anyone to be more excited about our work than ourselves, so who better to promote it? In the meantime, we'll let the gigs we get speak for themselves as to the kind of Dj's we are and the relationships and regard others have for our work and our character.

Hey everyone..not self-promotin' or nothing but...I've got a new CD if anyone would like a copy:

Sig.jpg

ass! sheesh:rolleyes:

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

And who the fuck ever said self-promotion is a bad thing???

Oh yeah...Raincry did...then it must be so.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For locals like Sean and I, it's all we got. At this point, we can't expect anyone to be more excited about our work than ourselves, so who better to promote it? In the meantime, we'll let the gigs we get speak for themselves as to the kind of Dj's we are and the relationships and regard others have for our work and our character.

Hey everyone..not self-promotin' or nothing but...I've got a new CD if anyone would like a copy:

Sig.jpg

ass! sheesh:rolleyes:

:laugh:

TRUE!!!

By the way, FX's CD kicks some serious ass. If you're into new school/progressive breaks, I suggest you PM him about obtaining a copy.

i'm afraid i can't take credit for all of that......the truth shines by itself without any help.....

nice clean up work there. any future jabs or underlying jabs you and u'r BOY have (against my friends as well), i suggest you start being straightforward and cease from doing it off public forums.

back to the topic at hand.......

I cleaned up the post here on clubplanet because I realized that negative comments may hurt Rabbit and I would never want to do that. I'll stick to my criticisms on the Haluci board.

And I am not going to be straight forward with you. I'm afraid of some crazy legal action you may take.

Originally posted by meng

:laugh:

TRUE!!!

By the way, FX's CD kicks some serious ass. If you're into new school/progressive breaks, I suggest you PM him about obtaining a copy.

Sean, your opinions on music, in general, are always and much appreciated.

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

Nice to see an opinion from someone who's views and taste in music I actually respect quite highly. :D

You should post the tracklisting when you get a chance. You can't really read it in that pic of the album artwork.