Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC vs Ibiza

hmmm i like the weather and the people in ibiza much better (no humidity or hand-stamped meatheads), but the day parties, and the diversity of the music available to you were much better @ WMC. also it was much easier to do miami on the cheap. there was more of a sense of community to miami, i guess because everyone was down at the same time as opposed to staggering it like ibiza holidays. but ibiza has that magical vibe to it which wmc couldn't quite touch.

It's not even close....Ibiza is way better than WMC. The only thing WMC has on ibiza is there is alot more big time dj's in area at same time. Even still ibiza has big time dj's all summer and the clubs kill the clubs in miami. Plus the Vibe is alot better also. In my opinion IBIZA is KING!!! :party:

Actually I think WMC on a whole is better than Ibiza! Only thing Ibiza has on WMC, maybe, are better beaches (Bora Bora, nude beaches, etc). I dunno though, I went to Ibiza in 2000, and came back from Miami just last week. Also, a ton of people I knew went down too, so that'll also have something on it.

People-wise I think it was the same - I came across some really cool heads and some assholes in both places (drunk Brits running around San Antonio weren't exactly the friendliest ppl on earth).

I'm not sure how it'll be now...I've heard Ibiza has gotten really commercialized the last couple of years, and ppl were saying WMC last year was much better...*shrug*

Clubs-wise, I wouldn't say Ibiza was *much* better...I was able to hit the bigger ones in Ibiza, but not all the big ones in Miami (Opium Garden, Crobar, etc). Clubs in Miami stay open later (eg, Space, Maze). Also, where else can you dance in 90 degree weather to Danny Howells, and then have the frigid blast of the kryogenfix hit you!!!

The day parties at the WMC were waayy better than Ibiza.

Also, I found that a lot of ppl in Ibiza are more into trance. Personally, I think the music selection was much better at WMC, and I dig the vibe here more than the island. However, Ibiza does have that *exotic* paradise feel to it.

Well, I may not be the best judge being from south fl, and going to Miami all the time.

But I certainly would say I would rather spend any summer week in Ibiza than the WMC in Miami.

Ibiza just has a charm and uniqueness that is unrivalled in the world. And just the coolness/difference of all the europeans (except the british!! sorry) makes for such an interesting time.

But yes the day parties at WMC are much better (and more numerous) than in Ibiza.

But the great thing about ibiza is that no one really just goes there as a tourist or spring breaker and then hits the clubs to get hammered and to see what it is about (excluding san antonio and those british again.) Which makes for a great vibe.

and while Ibiza is more comercial than it used to be, it really hasn't lost the underground sceen, it still exists right allong side the comercial joints, you just have to look for it, like you always did.

But no matter what the week, Ibiza never has the lineup like WMC. In fact some of the WMC parties have a better lineup than all of Ibiza for certain weeks.

But Ill take hamon serrano and cappuccino after the clubs, over cafe con leche and empanadas. (not that I don't love the latin food)

Oh yeah, the beaches in Miami are much better and more popular than Ibiza. But no one goes to Ibiza for a tan.

Originally posted by raver_mania

Actually I think WMC on a whole is better than Ibiza! Only thing Ibiza has on WMC, maybe, are better beaches (Bora Bora, nude beaches, etc). I dunno though, I went to Ibiza in 2000, and came back from Miami just last week. Also, a ton of people I knew went down too, so that'll also have something on it.

People-wise I think it was the same - I came across some really cool heads and some assholes in both places (drunk Brits running around San Antonio weren't exactly the friendliest ppl on earth).

I'm not sure how it'll be now...I've heard Ibiza has gotten really commercialized the last couple of years, and ppl were saying WMC last year was much better...*shrug*

Clubs-wise, I wouldn't say Ibiza was *much* better...I was able to hit the bigger ones in Ibiza, but not all the big ones in Miami (Opium Garden, Crobar, etc). Clubs in Miami stay open later (eg, Space, Maze). Also, where else can you dance in 90 degree weather to Danny Howells, and then have the frigid blast of the kryogenfix hit you!!!

The day parties at the WMC were waayy better than Ibiza.

Also, I found that a lot of ppl in Ibiza are more into trance.

Personally, I think the music selection was much better at WMC, and I dig the vibe here more than the island. However, Ibiza does have that *exotic* paradise feel to it.

Like ya said you haven't been there since 2000 i went there last year. The scene is different from when you went then. I found the brits to be the most friendly out of them all. The dutch and spanish were the rudiest. For the most part there was a ton of house on the island i went to def mix at pacha . There was also alot subliminal Dj's at the clubs. Also a underwater party with lawler. You say ibiza clubs dont stay open long?? Try 24 hours at space on sunday and privilege is open almost all monday for manumission. I also went to a cream party at amensia and walked out around 10am. So i disagee with that. Day parties are just as fun with live BBC radio one and cafe mambo and you can even touch going to space on the teracce or DC 10 on a monday morning. I mean dont get me wrong WMC was kick ass!! I like club maze alot and Bed. In some respects i think trying to compare is just like trying to compare apples to oranges . They each are good and have there one tastes. But once again I just have to say it IBIZA RULES...:tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Day Parties;

Sunday -Space on the terrace- just crazy

Monday-Circo Loco at DC10 is the sickest party I've ever been to- Huge airliners 200 feet over your head, 90 degree weather and beautiful people.

Tuesday- Manumission carry-on @ Space

There's a party every day at Bora-Bora, and there are plenty of others throughout the island.

I'll take Ibiza any day.