Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have you ever met someone that

fearlesss

Have you ever met someone that just sticks in your head/dreams even though you rarely see them or may not see them? What's up with that?

Here's my reason for asking this with maybe too much back story.

Last friday I did a friend a favor and worked at her country club ( I used to work there full time) waiting tables. Anyways, there is a member that I am cool with and he and his family came in to celebrate his wife and one of his daughters birthdays. his daughter and i made small talk but I did the same with the whole family. but she kept asking me for drinks etc even though I was not waiting on them.anyway, she lives the city and rarely comes in expect for the summer but I can not get her out of my head.I mean I called my best friend her name and she was like who did you call me? WTF, is going on?

<<nope never happened to me

i have to know a person well to think about them>>

To be truthful, I was/am the same way. i have to know someone well and not talked to them in a week or two. But I guess there's a first time for everything.

<<maybe you should contact her.>>

mmm, that might be be a little odd since I really do not know her that well. Plus I do not have the digits but there will be other times that I'll run across her when I'm helping out.

this guy I saw on the train a few months back.

It was while I was still apt hunting... he was wearing overalls, and had all these tools with him....obviously some sort of manual labor kinda guy.....so yum!

It was one of those things where we kept making eye contact and what not, but nothing came of it. Maybe he was just staring at me cause i had a buggie hanging out of my nose...who knows?

I still look for him everytime the train comes to the 57th st stop (( where he got on last time )) :(

i would explain why i feel that way about dwelling on possibilities but i dont want to start drama & thats what your intent seems to be.

i guess with all possibility it depends what the chances are, if youre gonna run into someone then go for it, dwell. if youre 99% most likely never gonna see the person again, forget for your own sanity.

that is all i was saying. did you really have to say i am as fun as a bag of rocks over it lol. i think i was being realistic.

Originally posted by somebitch

i would explain why i feel that way about dwelling on possibilities but i dont want to start drama & thats what your intent seems to be.

i guess with all possibility it depends what the chances are, if youre gonna run into someone then go for it, dwell. if youre 99% most likely never gonna see the person again, forget for your own sanity.

that is all i was saying. did you really have to say i am as fun as a bag of rocks over it lol. i think i was being realistic.

..forget it...i didnt think you'd get so sensitive about my comment...my intent was NOT to start drama...it was a reaction to your statement...simple as that...you have to remember that i'm a romantic...and for me, to dream is fun...and yes, a realist, a pragmatist is going to say that is futile in these scenarios...but so what...fantasizing can be soooo much fun...your comment seemed so dry and non-fun...

...i dont know you that well but sufficed to say, i think you are one of funniest members on the board...and from some of the things you have shared, i would say there is "fun" in your life...jaded, yes...but boring, no...

...i was just saying that your comment did not make you sound fun...not a full application to you as a whole...i know better than to generalize like that...and to start drama with someone i actually like on this board...sorry you took it like that...

i think it is because i am jaded that i dont like to dwell on possibilities. i like to dream & it is cool to fantasize about someone if your intent is not to actually see them. it sounds like the kid who started this thread wants reality with this person. i think he shoud go for it and see what happens, either make a move or forget about it. it is pointless to live in the whatif. pointless to dream and not try to make the dream reality. yeah it is fun to think about doing stuff but it is more fun to do it and embed it in your memories

Originally posted by somebitch

I agree, I hate what if's and I know that the I'll forget by the time I run into her again.

Either way dwelling on something/someone that you might or might not do/see again is not good for the soul or mind