Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stringing

Destiny

How many people have actually heard of this before? Ive done it before, and gotten it done (its slightly painful) but not many people know what it is. I'm curious to know who has heard of it.

Its a different way of doing your eyebrows other then waxing/tweezing.

Originally posted by kelly0616

what is this exactly i am very curious???:confused:

ok let me try to explain this, but its hard to explain. If i confuse you im sorry:tongue:

Take a piece of string and fold it in half, take your thumb and hold it at the bend. Take the two hanging ends and twist them a few times. Take the thumb out and you have a loop. Put that loop at the end of your eyebrow where you want the hair removed. Take one end of the string and press it to your face and take the other side and pull it up. The part of the string thats twisted is going to make a line across your eyebrow removing a line of hair.

phew:)

I think my eyebrows look a lot better when I get them stringed them when I get them waxed. Problem is, not many people know how to do it, and I cant do it on myself only on other people.

I told my guy friend that he wouldnt be able to take the pain. I explained that the first time is painful, he told me a little piece of string wouldnt be able to hurt him. That he was a "rough and tough frat guy". He ended up crying within 5 minutes:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Destiny

How many people have actually heard of this before? Ive done it before, and gotten it done (its slightly painful) but not many people know what it is. I'm curious to know who has heard of it.

Its a different way of doing your eyebrows other then waxing/tweezing.

ive done it before, a lil more expensive then conventional waxing... however worth it, it lasts longer and there isnt any irritation (atleast from my experience however everyone is dif) the only thing is finding a place, and a convenient location is a whole 'nother story...

Originally posted by Destiny

Take a piece of string and fold it in half, take your thumb and hold it at the bend. Take the two hanging ends and twist them a few times. Take the thumb out and you have a loop. Put that loop at the end of your eyebrow where you want the hair removed. Take one end of the string and press it to your face and take the other side and pull it up. The part of the string thats twisted is going to make a line across your eyebrow removing a line of hair.

Much Better Job!! :clap:

Originally posted by hotbarbiedoll

Yeah I've got my eyebrows strung b4.I think they look a lot better than when they r waxed.But not many places do it.I used 2 go 2 some Russian lady in Howard Beach who did them perfectly!But the drive was a pain in the ass =/

ya i get my eyebrows done with that, i love it, its painfull but worth it

I've heard of the procedure before but I heard it referred to as "threading" as in getting your eyebrows threaded.. sounds painful.. I wouldn't ever do it.. I thought I was gonna cry when I got my eyebrows waxed one time..

Yes.. I'm a little baby.. :tongue:

i've heard it called threading too... it's supposed to be very precise but i don't trust anyone to do my eyebrows except me... although i've been considering getting them waxed b/c they're a little uneven right now. anyone know of any good places to get it done? i'm willing to pay a bit more...

Threading is the best for eyebrows!!.....It's hard to explain how they do it......But basically, they just take a thin thread & weave it around the stray hairs........imo it's less painfull than waxing.....My brows don't get as red either ( a little pinkish color right after but it goes away after a few min.) Your eyebrows look amazing after

If you are in Queens.....There's a place in Astoria that does them pretty good....I usually go there....But there is this Indian woman in Hicksville LI (I know, kinda far but well worth it) She does an AMAZING job.....If I'm going somewhere I usually go to her to get them done....But as far as locally, there are a few places throughout Queens that do a pretty decent job

Threading is the only way I do my eyebrows and I love it.. Plucking or waxing has never made them look this good.. It hurts a little only if you wait for you hair to grow like I do... I never get them done right away and then I come out of there tearing but shit it is worth it... They make your shape perfect, they clean the area surrounding your eyebrows and cut the few hairs that are longer... For those who have not done it I suggest you do it... It hurts a litte but the result is far better then any other method.

There is a place in Astoria that does them alright...

A place by Queens Botanical Garden that does them awesome..

and a billion places right on 74th street.

The Indian ladies do them the best.