siceone

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by siceone

you can't be sierious

Yes, I am very serious, are you? One they have stated civilian casualities will continue to increase and this will not stop any efforts. (dont quote me something along those lines). Now I understand why this must be done. Because strategic military targets have been placed in civilian areas, by schools, etc. So, I understand that they are disregarding human life. But to say that they have no choice, is wrong. They do have a choice. Meaning they are not trying at all. If they were they wouldnt bomb these targets. Before you respond, I understand their reasons for doing so, but it does not give you the power to say your previous statement, that the U.S. is "trying" to avoid civilian causualities. Didnt you watch the bombing? Or how about the news coverage from Iraqi news that our reporters showed, which pictured many civilians injured. Taken from the supposedly, "missile target that was off" Now it is being said that this in fact was the actual target. ITs like I said before we will not know until the aftermath.

Originally posted by starvingartist

Yes, I am very serious, are you? One they have stated civilian casualities will continue to increase and this will not stop any efforts. (dont quote me something along those lines). Now I understand why this must be done. Because strategic military targets have been placed in civilian areas, by schools, etc. So, I understand that they are disregarding human life. But to say that they have no choice, is wrong. They do have a choice. Meaning they are not trying at all. If they were they wouldnt bomb these targets. Before you respond, I understand their reasons for doing so, but it does not give you the power to say your previous statement, that the U.S. is "trying" to avoid civilian causualities. Didnt you watch the bombing? Or how about the news coverage from Iraqi news that our reporters showed, which pictured many civilians injured. Taken from the supposedly, "missile target that was off" Now it is being said that this in fact was the actual target. ITs like I said before we will not know until the aftermath.

you're hopeless you can't even keep an argument in context

Originally posted by raver_mania

OK, now you're trying to get funny with me.

Past: US is the only country to have used nuclear weapons against civilians.

Present: Present policy does not rule out the use of nuclear weapons. In fact, the new defense doctrine has even OK'd the "first strike" policy against another nuclear power.

You're right - they're not the same administrations, but the governmental system in place now is the same as it was 50 years ago. The train of thought is the same...

Germany and Japan now are nothing like they were 50 years ago.

Napolean - I won't even waste my time answering that.

lol. as long as i got at least a little grin out of you, im happy.. well the necessity of using atomic bombs in Japan can be argued back and forth, and I'm not really looking to get into that, but I don't feel its right to judge a government based on its actions in the past.

I personally doubt that our gov't would ok a "first strike" nuclear bombing of Iraq, but I wouldn't be surprised if we used tactical nukes in retaliation of a chem. or biological attack on our forces.

Originally posted by chrishaolin

lol. as long as i got at least a little grin out of you, im happy.. well the necessity of using atomic bombs in Japan can be argued back and forth, and I'm not really looking to get into that, but I don't feel its right to judge a government based on its actions in the past.

I personally doubt that our gov't would ok a "first strike" nuclear bombing of Iraq, but I wouldn't be surprised if we used tactical nukes in retaliation of a chem. or biological attack on our forces.

considering the regime in this country changes every 4 years.