Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sense and sensibility

marcid21

has anyone ever seen this movie?

I saw it last week while I was home sick, and LOVED it! I'm always a sucker for overdone Victorian/Elizabethian settings.

Just think what dating would be like if we had debutante balls, horse and carriages, courting, suitors, and every single townsperson trying to marry us off! :shake:

lol no thank you. but at least men had manners back then.

you should read the book, marcid. it's so much better than the movie. even if you already know what's going to happen, i think you would still enjoy it.

My faforive 19th century novel is Les Miserables. So romantic! :love: I think they made a movie too, but I can't imagine capturing the whole plot in two hours.

Originally posted by bkissa

lol no thank you. but at least men had manners back then.

you should read the book, marcid. it's so much better than the movie. even if you already know what's going to happen, i think you would still enjoy it.

My faforive 19th century novel is Les Miserables. So romantic! :love: I think they made a movie too, but I can't imagine capturing the whole plot in two hours.

actually, i was playing around with the idea this afternoon of getting the book. I think i'm def. gonna. Normally i like to read the book, then see the movie...but f* it....:D

Originally posted by marcid21

I saw it last week while I was home sick, and LOVED it! I'm always a sucker for overdone Victorian/Elizabethian settings.

Just think what dating would be like if we had debutante balls, horse and carriages, courting, suitors, and every single townsperson trying to marry us off! :shake:

thanks for telling me now. the wedding is definitely off.

i'm a sucker for tropical settings and carribbean themes.

Troy has shown me just how dilpidated and haunting a victorian theme can look.

Originally posted by tastyt

I was wondering if anyone was gonna pick up on that. I've had this conversation w/her before... so I'll just hold my tongue for now.

I glazed over it. Hearing that is like hearing "no blood for oil."

after a while the words don't reach you

Originally posted by joeg

men never had and never will have manners... just stay in the kitchen where you belong, and shut your C-sucker like a good girl...

now if only i could find a way to get rid of suffrage... :confused:

:tongue:

:hat:

just as i was getting used to yesterday, along comes today and you... :blown:

How come all the intelligent, witty, sensitive and GOOD LOOKING men already have boyfriends????

Originally posted by bkissa

How come all the intelligent, witty, sensitive and GOOD LOOKING men already have boyfriends????

...i am currently single....but am avoiding women that are jaded and maintain such negative perceptions of men...ergo i will be single for quite a while but so be it...good luck on your quest...

Originally posted by phatman

...i am currently single....but am avoiding little girls that are jaded and maintain such negative perceptions of men...ergo i will be single for quite a while but so be it...good luck on your quest...

I think that's what you really meant to say... and in this case it's true, almost in the legal sense as well...

Originally posted by phatman

...i am currently single....but am avoiding women that are jaded and maintain such negative perceptions of men...ergo i will be single for quite a while but so be it...good luck on your quest...

not jaded, or hurt, or looking, in fact. Geeeezz, you boys are so easily upset. I guess sarcasm comes across rather ambiguously in writing. :)

...if a man had made a similar comment as yours without the proper smiley or remarks the same thing would have occured...you know, i think about 90% of the girls on this board bash men and then say, "i was just kidding" or "i was being sarcastic"...yet if you contrast that with how they wrote it or even better, the serious bashing they have done in the past on this board, one such as myself has to question their follow up statements...i tell you what, if you were "being sarcastic" than sorry but i meant what i said either way...even to joke in such ways, when you consider how tense things are around here is a poor choice... to the rest of you that think sense of humor is a fall back for what you really wanted to say, have the fucking balls to stick to your words...

i'm done

Originally posted by marcid21

yes i saw this movie like 5 or 6 years ago and feel in love and its still my favorite movie to date. the acting is great, the movie def did the book justice! :D