Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FAO: breaks crew, DnB heads...

Finally got something going on.....

Going to be an all non-4/4 night....all varieties of broken beats under the sun....drum n bass, breakbeat, uk garage, nu jazz....

It's going to be at a nice ass lounge in a central location, only 2 blocks away from 4th St. station...

Details will be coming soon, but if anyone prods me, I might divulge a few of them now :D

Let's see if we can get this shit back together again....Coal was good back in the day, but this can be even better....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go dude!

What kinda line up you brewing?

Cara (Miss Bliss) Is swinging by Italy

to play Rome next month.

Make sure to PM her and try and get

the ol' BIG APPLE BREAKS crew involved.

DJ WOOL, Cara and K-Swing would make

a fine addition to your new shin dig I'm sure.

CONGRATZ AND GOOD LUCK!

Originally posted by jaysea

Breaks> Yum

Why is it Boston has MORE Breaks than Fucking NYC?!?!?!?

<<<Oly

cause NYC is a complete waste.

Should we all be taking a road trip to Boston? Or elsewhere??? Besides Dan's prospective, that actually sounds like a good idea.

:idea:

i dont know, if id say NYC is a waste,

the thing with this city, is you gotta know Where to look,

and i know of a shit load of underground shit, but mostly all of them are Jungle, and house,

As for Breaks> Ny needs some more break night's

And with Boston, Yea they got some decent shit there, but its not HARDCORE like NY, 1;30 comes and everyone is like tired, and then u gotta drive 30min to an after hours spot, cause there are no after-hours in boston....

or u can do a shit load of coke, and go to some apt party,

eh?

oly>

Originally posted by pseudoden

I cant wait april 19th this should be a good event and you know its gonna be a rockin if the Pseudo Crew shows up lol

HOLLY SHIT!

How you fuckers doing?

Man I miss all those crazy nights with

you lunatics. Sorry I never swung by to

say goodbye before I left for Europe.

When ever I make it back to visit

we're gonna have to lay

down a huge party OLD SCHOOL OPEN

DECKS STYLE AND SHIT! Big hug for

Hobey,Morgan and the crew.

(((HUGZ)))

M

U

G

Z

p.s: You guys ever use any of

those interviews we shot?

Yeah, I'm about 100% sure it's April 13 and not April 19....

Imagine.....drum n bass, breaks, garage, nu jazz, and every other non-4/4 music under the sun on the same night...

Now, imagine a posh lounge with a hot system, plenty of seating room, and a location right near the A, C, E, B, V, and Path....

Now imagine some of CP's most talented and underrated DJs, all residing on the same night, with special guests every week....

Essentially, that's what you got. I'll give more details in a few days, but here's the lineup so far:

Residents:

Joe (JayP) - Breaks

Rekall (Thehacker) - Drum n Bass and breaks

Ken Olson (of Pseudo) - UK Garage and Drum n Bass

Yours Truly - Breaks, Nu Jazz, and UK Garage

Special guest for opening night will be Bluewater (Direct Drive/TestFlight) spinning atmospheric DnB...

This is going to be a Sunday evening affair. Exact times to come with the rest of the full info.

Location: Alibi. This is a new lounge that just opened up on MacDougal Street, near NYU. This place is nicer and larger than Coal...not your typical MacDougal Street joint. It just opened a few weeks ago, so if you haven't checked out the place yet, drop by sometime....you'll fall in love with it. Better yet, drop by on the 13th!

That night is the test run of the event, and if a lot of people show, it guarantees that it will become a weekly. Should be tons of people there, and if things go well, we're working on booking bigger and better guests in weeks to come.

I guess I could spill a few more beans, but I need to leave some suspense so you'll check us out :tongue:

And Oly, don't worry, it won't be long before Boston is chasing us....

april 13th's a saturday... nice...

well, count me in... should be a lot of fun...

Lets see if we can actually get the old BAB crew going...

btw, if this becomes a weekly, you guys gotta get Glen down there... (not to mention sara walker, and all the other great talent thats been struggling to get heard)