Clubplanet Nightlife Community

chicago questions...

johnnyr

hey chicago peeps!

my friends and i met a bunch of cool girls from chicago this week at wmc. we plan on staying in touch and getting out there to chill for a weekend, prolly in mid to late May. None of us have ever been out there, (and me always the one to organize) need to find us a good spot to stay.

Looking for something reasonably priced in an area close to the good clubs and nightlife.

if you guys could offer some suggestions as to where to stay or just the general area, i'll look into the hotels. And where to go out to party. i'm into deep and progressive house, i'll listen to anything really, a couple of the guys prefer hip-hop. we'd like to hit spots with a good vibe, good music and a good looking crowd (who doesn't). gay friendly doesn't bother me, but we are all straight

thanks in advance! hope to meet some of you when we're out there too.

-J

I laugh when I think of it, but the Ohio House which is a cheesy motel in the middle of the downtown district is cheap hotel living. Or if you want a little more step up from that stay at the Holiday Inn although a friend of mine booked the W for 39 a nite. So.... it all depends.

While you are in town make sure to stop by Transit. It has excellent trance playing in the main room and hip-hop in the back and upstairs. A pretty crowd that definitely knows how to party!

I will let you know as the dates get closer if there are any major parties going on for that week!! See you there!

When I went to Chicago, I got a room at the W hotel... That shit was the bomb! I got it on Priceline.com.... we had 23rd floor with a view of downtown (John Hancock building, etc.)... the rooms were AWESOME... they have a sky bar too and the lounge spins some good deep housey music (pre-game drink).

Also, too bad Crobar isn't open :( That's the only club I went to when I was in Chi-town..... hard house baby..

I hear Transit is good... and on occassion RedNo5.

Lola;)

p.s. I LOVED CHICAGO:tongue: (Too bad it's too cold for me!)

Come to Vision!!! Spundae hosts a party there every Saturday night. It's the only place to go for good talent, great people, and a nice atmosphere. the club is HUGE and i promise you'll love it. It reminds me of Crobar Miami, but WAY BIGGER and less pretentious people. it's right in downtown too. go to www.visionnightclub.com or www.spundae.com for more info and line-ups. have fun.

also, a good place for finding good hotel prices is www.quikbook.com

try to stay in downtown if you can.

peace out...

what's up Lola!!!!

Originally posted by lolahotass

WHAZZZ UP GUYS... I'm trying my hardest to get some one from Crobar management to give me an IDEA of when/if the club is re-opening..........................but noooooooooo word yet...

They suck:laugh:

WMC almost killed me this year:laugh:

They are selling crobar memberships at the Timo Mass show

@ The House of Blues on April 25 here and the word is they will re-open this spring. There has not been an offical date announced yet but it should be soon.

I personally can't wait, crobar has been the best club in chicago and the scene has been pretty lame since they closed.

They need to open soon!!!!!!!

The only club in chicago that could impress a miami crowd would be Vision. Right now that place is going strong and the crowd seems to be getting better all the time. There are two huge rooms with multiple floors, and often times hip-hop is played in one of the rooms.

The only other club that could hold up in Miami to would be Transit. Zentra is also good for a nice Hip-Hop/Electronic mix or if you like to smoke hookahs...and besides that there isn't too much going on.

From what I hear, Crobar isn't going to be open for awhile still...but even if it was open, I wouldn't recommend going..the crowd that place draws is anything but beautiful.

True crobar chicago did not attracted the most "beautiful" crowd or "glam" so if that is what you like, no crobar may not be for you.

crobar always had more of an underground feel and vibe. It was dark and dirty with Hard House music and an anything goes atmosphere (the way I like it).

However they are making changes, I hear to make it more "up scale" mabey more like Miami?

As far as the opening date...who knows this is Chicago and as we know things here are always delayed or postponed or something with a liquor liscence ect............

Originally posted by cigz

So what clubs have hot girls?

Well right now the biggest clubs are:

Vision: Spundae promotes on Sat nights

Transit: is OK

Zentra: a more laid back vibe good House music

White Star: if you like cheezy music, but there are hot girls there

Red Dog: Fri nights the best House music in Chicago! (a smaller club though)

there are a cpl of new places that are supposed to open soon...but who nows when?

when crobar opens back up it will still be the best club in town. So many ppl loyal to that place for so many years and so many great times ppl will always go back there! For me it is the ppl that make a club experience great and crobar has the best ppl from the patrons to the staff, they all know how to party and have fun!!!!!

No1 - Crobar isn't going to open until the late fall...

No2 - IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME, Gager... not even close..

When is Big Wig gonna get some props? They're filled 4 nights a week with DNB, Progressive, House, House... The drinks are cheap, no dress code and the people are cool.

Originally posted by jedimike

No1 - Crobar isn't going to open until the late fall...

No2 - IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME, Gager... not even close..

When is Big Wig gonna get some props? They're filled 4 nights a week with DNB, Progressive, House, House... The drinks are cheap, no dress code and the people are cool.

JediMike, I think ya need to go back to Yoda...cause the force aint leading ya in the right direction with the above statement.

Dude, all I can say about the above....is crack is bad dude....bad :)

Originally posted by zeuschicago

JediMike, I think ya need to go back to Yoda...cause the force aint leading ya in the right direction with the above statement.

Dude, all I can say about the above....is crack is bad dude....bad :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: