PEACH GIRL MODEL SEARCH

THURSDAY APRIL 17

DJ CLUE

FRIDAY APRIL 18

JONATHAN PETERS

SATURDAY APRIL 19

JOHNNY VICIOUS

MORE ACTS TBA

-- Vic, rumor has it Rise will be opening this Spring. Who knows for sure though (I'm sure someone has more info on this). Rise is 100 times better than Avalon anyway.

I haven't gotten an e-mail from Tom in a long time, last one was right after the fire in RI, him saying they are taking some extra precautions for fire safety. But pretty sad because usually he sends out updates to members but I haven't gotten one in a while, can't be good news for the opening:(

This is the last e-mail that was recieved by Rise members dated 2/28/03:

Dear RISE email family,

Sorry for the delay in sending this out. There have been many delays with construction because of the cold weather and I lost email for awhile as Darrin and I have moved. Then there was that pesky "time warp" we entered in late December...

There are a lot of things happening and we are well on our way to the RISE grand re-opening. I know it doesn¹t look that way from "the drive by" but despite the many people involved, we are moving forward, slowly but surely.

I still don¹t want to promise a specific re-opening date just yet, but as I've already said, we're not only fixing what's broken but improving every aspect of RISE... and that takes time. The tragic events of late in Rhode Island and Chicago have only exacerbated the challenge ahead. Both Darrin and I and Richard who owns the building are committed to making RISE one of the safest places to be. This will of course increase the cost and length of renovations but I think you'll all agree that the important thing is that our club is safe.

Please tell me your thoughts on any DJ's you may have heard recently who you think would be a good fit for RISE. Bookings will begin soon.

Thanks again for all your continued patience and support. The club will be so much better when we re-open.

Tom