Clubplanet Nightlife Community

April 18 & 19

vicman

Originally posted by mysteriousss

Pardon my ignorance but who's Tyrant? Give me the 411 on him please ;)

not him, them.

craig richards and lee burridge.

Lee Burridge:

Lee Burridge's illustrious DJ career began fifteen years ago and has accelerated at full speed since. Stumbling upon house music in Bournemouth in 1985, the young lad ravaged his local record stores and took to the decks. In 1991 Hong Kong beckoned with the promise of a residency that would put the city on the clubbing map. Six years later Lee Burridge was guest DJing for nearly every big club tour party in the Far East capital, including Cream, Ministry and Northern Exposure.

In 1991 the South Coast scene was no match for Lee's decksterous talents and Hong Kong beckoned with the promise of a residency that would put Hong Kong on the clubbing map. Six years later, the undisputed King of the colony was guesting at most of the big club tour parties in Hong Kong, including Cream, Ministry, Malibu Stacey and Northern Exposure.

In 1993 Lee turned his attentions to the now legendary full moon parties at Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand, with his residency at the back-yard club providing an inspirational alternative to the more standard nights around.

Lee Burridge's return to England in 1997 saw the conception of the now legendary tyrant, a unique alliance with Sasha and Craig Richards. This trinity offers the UK an inspirational alternatives to the typical night out, setting new standards for quality music. The extraordinary status of Tyrant has captivated the attention of club goers and music lovers nation wide and has catapulted Lee Burridge to the forefront of UK music.

In 1998 Mixmag named Lee Burridge the 'Best DJ at the best club'. Aspiring to take his talents further a field he turned his attention to the renowned Full Moon parties in Ko - Pha - Ngan, Thailand. While there, he embarked along side Danny Rampling at the notorious Back Yard Club, where he helped build a reputation for the island that now only Ibiza could rival.

In 1999 Lee honed his studio techniques with the release of his mix CD "Metropolis" (released on Tide), which received the Compilation of The Month thumbs up in Muzik. Future projects in the pipeline include collaborations with Breeder and Hybrid, a breakbeat track with Andy Page (who previously collaborated with Sasha), and various other remix projects including work for several other labels.

Lee Burridge's career continues to excel both in the UK and worldwide. His impeccable mixing skills and DJ style are incomparable. A well established reputation, with UK press and club goers alike, has made Lee Burridge the next big DJ to watch.

Craig Richards:

After a relatively sheltered upbringing in the New Forest, Craig moved to London, where he was to study at St. Martins School of Art, a further study at the Royal College of Art with his creative talents handed him a design consultancy with trendy beer company Sapporo and a series of commissions from clothing designer Paul Smith.

He has since worked with dancer Michael Clark and Swedish vodka company Absolute Vodka. His work as a painter, photographer and graphic designer is widely recognised. After leaving the Royal College of Art, he helped launch his own night 'Georgie' at Park Royal studios as 'a tribute to legendary footballer George Best', though Best strangely took legal action to stop it. And later on co-promoted Malibu Stacey with DJ Seb Fontaine who he made good friends with and is funnily enough the godfather of Sebs son. His DJ schedule became busier and Craig had the decision of whether to stay an artist or become a DJ full time, his love of music made him opt for the latter, but Craig still uses his talents for art on such projects as the cover of Groove Armadas 'Back to Mine' cover & the packaging design for he and Lee's series of mix albums.

Late 1997, Tyrant was founded, after Craig met Sasha & Lee Burridge in Hong Kong. Craig came to the club Lee had been resident at, with Seb Fontaine on a Malibu Stacey tour. Tyrant was the brainchild of Craig and legendary DJ Sasha and Lee fitted in as the third member. A few one off parties were staged, which led to residences at the Bomb in Nottingham and fabric in London, voted the best club in the UK by readers of Muzik magazine and the first club in London to have a 24 hour licence granted.

It would be wrong to say that Craig's most important role was with Tyrant, as Craig is a wonderful DJ when playing without Lee & Sasha and proves this at his Saturday residency at fabric where he plays a 3 hour set in the main room every week. "Fabric's 24 hour licence has meant that I'll get to play long sets that'll allow me to build up a room". He has made a massive name for himself on the London scene by playing the warm-up set which incorporates slow chugging deep techy house, the odd bit of breakbeat and just about anything you can think of, which he enjoys massively and along with Terry Francis has become a major part of fabrics history.

Craig is a DJ who is a unique talent (which is hard to say in this day and age) he plays a wide variety of styles and the listener will never know what to expect. But the one thing they will be sure of is that whatever Craig plays, photographs, paints or designs.....it will be of the highest quality.

from www.ticketweb.com

Friday, April 18 at 11:00 PM

MADE EVENTS: Paul Van Dyk plus Luis Diaz

New York's biggest dj, Paul Van Dyk joins up with Made Events to present another awe inspiring event at The Roxy. This time it's a celebration for the release of Paul's new Album, "Global". Must be 18 to enter and 21 to drink with valid photo ID.

U.S.$40.00-U.S.$50.00

On sale: Friday, March 28 at 12:05 AM Eastern

I'll be there on Friday, that will be my 1st day of being a NYC resident. I'll just leave my parents in my apartment to sleep, and drag my little brother out with me!! Awwwww, his first club! I know he likes PvD b/c I stole my Silverthread CD from him. Fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by vicman

pvd police..............whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........:D

seriously, tyrant @ arc will be one of the nights that at the end of the year people will continue to talk about.

Yeah. And I know exactly what they'll be saying, too: "Vic, remember Tyrant @ Arc when you left at 3:00 AM and missed when it got really rocking?"

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Yeah. And I know exactly what they'll be saying, too: "Vic, remember Tyrant @ Arc when you left at 3:00 AM and missed when it got really rocking?"

only difference is that i aint driving back this time. so i'll be there until the end. :finger: