Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a question about this sub-forum

zlatang

why is this a separate forum? are we to believe that hip-hop attracts more ppl to the clubs than trance, techno, house and other genres? i see this as a discrimination of a kind! not only that we are bombarded by hip hop (on the mainstream tv and radio stations, and also from the cars passing by :rolleyes: ) but it also has to have a **special** place on clubplanet?????????

Originally posted by zlatang

why is this a separate forum? are we to believe that hip-hop attracts more ppl to the clubs than trance, techno, house and other genres? i see this as a discrimination of a kind! not only that we are bombarded by hip hop (on the mainstream tv and radio stations, and also from the cars passing by :rolleyes: ) but it also has to have a **special** place on clubplanet?????????

To quote Justin Timberlake.....CRY MY A RIVER.

If ya don't like hip-hop, then don't bother reading or posting on this board...its that simple.

hiphop isn't a purely electronic genre... but it IS partially electronic... therefore the NY, LA, DC, etc... boards are for talking about respective local electronic music... whereas this board is for hiphop in general...

Originally posted by mangos

To quote Justin Timberlake.....CRY MY A RIVER.

If ya don't like hip-hop, then don't bother reading or posting on this board...its that simple.

it's ok, i dislike it and that's fine, it's a free counrty (LOL) and you ghetto-wannabe-fabs can post as much as you like, but the question is:

why have only a separate hip-hip forum, and not a separate electro-clash or trance forum? why this inequality? (i hope not because hip-hop is sooooooooooooo vastly popular -- then i'd suggest a separate website for it)

Originally posted by ladyshady

hmm

i mean

if you want to get TECHNICAL

the reason this is a SUB-FORUM

is beacuse Dave said he would try it out first like this, then see how it works out and think about adding it as its own forum

ok i understand. that however doesn't answer my question -- why should hip-hop have a privileged position and be THE ONLY mainstream genre of music to have a separate forum?:confused:

ok i understand. that however doesn't answer my question -- why should hip-hop have a privileged position and be THE ONLY mainstream genre of music to have a separate forum?:confused:

see the same thing popped in my head once i saw the hip hop board ..and i asked myself the same question....but I quickly came up with and answer..its mainly because nobody really wants to listen to ppl like you when you speak so to give your public forum spefically for you to talk amongst yourselves..would just be plain stupid

hope that helps

:D

Originally posted by origskeemr

instead of bitchin, why dont you ask Dave for electro-crash or trance forum... Cause that's all we did and Dave gave us this:confused:

hehe i wasn't "bitchin" (i like the spelling, very hip-hop) i was merely suprised and wanted to ask "why". that's it. i still believe it's unjust and that we (the others who are not neccessarily into hip-hop) need to have more subforums (trust me -- i'm not into trance either; it's better than hip-hop though but...it's all about the taste and that one can't argue).

"peace bro"

Originally posted by fineones

haha im just fucking with you..its also because ..the ny board is mostly trance and club music..so there would be no point for another

;) ;)

that was funny! yes who would like to listen only to electroclash ppl. However, you made a very interesting point here -- does hip-hop belong to this kind of website at all, if most of ny board is oriented towards trance (ew) and club music? shouldn't then there be

www.hip.hop.clubplanet.com

for you ppl....?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by joeg

hiphop isn't a purely electronic genre... but it IS partially electronic... therefore the NY, LA, DC, etc... boards are for talking about respective local electronic music... whereas this board is for hiphop in general...

;) ;)

that was funny! yes who would like to listen only to electroclash ppl. However, you made a very interesting point here -- does hip-hop belong to this kind of website at all, if most of ny board is oriented towards trance (ew) and club music? shouldn't then there be

www.hip.hop.clubplanet.com

for you ppl....?:rolleyes:

The bottom line is hip-hop is pretty much the most popular kind of music there is out there right now. For the past year, 75% of the #1 albums on Billboard have been hip-hop albums. Eminem, 8 Mile, R Kelly, 50 Cent, and so on. Some people on the board think Billboard isnt a good chart to go by, but the truth is, they go by U.S. album sales and air play. Outside of pop itself, hip-hop is easily the most popular genere in the U.S. So I don't think its a big deal to have a seperate board for it. On top of that, when people would post something about hip-hop on the music board, the house heads laughed and made fun...so I don't see why we cant have it on this website.

Originally posted by mangos

On top of that, when people would post something about hip-hop on the music board, the house heads laughed and made fun...so I don't see why we cant have it on this website.

now i understand (and agree) -- you don't want to be laughed at by the house heads. you may deprive them of some sarcastic fun, but that's ok. the idea of forming an online ghetto for the hip-hoppers is quite fine with me. good luck! :)