Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish last nite

noira

It is 8:30 in the morning - i'm not sure i slept - deep dish was good last nite; i enjoyed their july renaissance show more - only one of the boys showed up last nite too - but overall a good show! I didn't stay til the very end so i'll let the diehards tell ya the nitty gritty details.

What i enjoyed the most was the crowd - what a wonderful enjoyable crowd - and on SOUTH BEACH - i was amazed.

this is about as coherent as i can type - i miss my pillow - and it's freakin' bright out this a.m.

Great to meet some of you - cwm30.gif

Yeah; nice night out... I guess two words for me explain Ali's set: DARK and DIRTY (in the good way)! Not my favorite style of Deep Dish, but I thought it was very well done and very much Tenagliaesque. I'll agree with Bonnie about the crowd; not bad for SoBe... and only a few glowsticks were spotted (thanks to Bonnie for keeping an eye out). Tracks I recall include "Star 69" by Fatboy Slim and DD's remix of Madonna's "Music". Props to Marick for the free passes; nice meeting everyone! cwm16.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Nice one... Dark & Dirty is what's on the menu of late.

Greed-Promises was also dropped. I'm sure that went down well.

I heard about the nice crowd. People chilled out in sneakers and jeans. Fuck that glam shit... It's all about the music and the vibe.

Who's up next? Are they doing top djs every Wednesday?

Tonight in NYC, Laurent Garnier to play live alongside Erik Morillo and special guest Smokin' Jo UK.

sharam did not show for this one...it was ali that banged it out last night. i talked with him quite a bit throughout the night and he told me the reason that sharam didn't show was because he had the flue.

the place was really busy when we walked in and by 1:00am it was ram packed!! i got a really good vibe from most of the crowd! they were very clued up as to what was going on!! and those that weren't so clued up were there to have a good time! ever since creations started doing the "bang wednsdays" @ crobar there seems to be a less pretensious atmosphere then normally is found on south beach. it seems to me that alot of the old goovejet followers come out for these nights!

ali was really good...he had a few doggy mixes here and there but seemed to catch most of them rather quickly. it seemed that at times he was have problems with the pich control because he did a lot of "puching and pulling". there were however no trainwrecks and nothing was off all that much...he got alot better as the night went on!!

the track selection was great! he played

quite a few recognizable tracks but keep it interesting with quite a few UNrecognizable tracks as well...he did this wicked mix of "muisc" that i beleave was some sort of edit because it only played for about 2 min. he later played the full deep dish remix.

over all i agree with bonnie in that the renaissance showing was much better. but then again they played for like 8 hours then and it was both ali & sharam so...

over all i have to say that last night was a great night out! at the end of the night the people would not leave!! they all gathered on the dance floor below and infront of the booth and started clapping and stomping and cheering and chanting!! they just wouldn't go!! it was quite a site!! it made me smile and think yeah this is a clued up crowd! this is just like what goovejet was like!! it looks like the crobar crew/the old goovejet crew have found a loyal following that knows what's up! it def. put a smile on my face!

just a bit of a heads up here but one of the things ali told me was that they were planning on trying to come back down to miami sometime in december (new years eve??). he said their sceduele was really packed but they were def. going to try! so everyone keep your eyes and ears open...

by the way, it was nice seeing everyone (you know who you are) again! and it was nice meeting you kevin! we'll def. have to hang-out more often.

cheers!

[This message has been edited by marick (edited 11-09-2000).]

Marick> Word up, bro - may the posse grow! cwm20.gif

D> I knew you'd dig that "dark and dirty" comment! cwm26.gif Next week is Ralphie Rosario; and after that I'm not sure. Yeah; and I'm definitely down with the less glam / more groovejetish vibe of these Wednesday parties!

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Archived