Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best dive bars in Boston?

xlr8ed

What do you think the best dive bars are in Boston..

I would have to say Sullivans Tap over near the Fleet,

.. Now when I say dive bars, I mean, when you walk in, people look at you like WTF are you doing here. Most guys should have piss stains on their pants, people so drunk they're talking a different language, but for some reason the regulars all know what there saying, and they're all laughing...whats your choice?

This of course is a post after my own heart. Let's see now...

My favorite Boston dive bar has to be The Tam. Even though it's not in a divey area, it's still trashy as hell. Dirty floors, cheap drinks (esp. cheap Red Bull & Vodka), the weirdest mix of people you'll ever see, and sarcastic, funny-bastard bar tenders. Plus having penny-encrusted tables is just classy.

Best Dive Bar in Allston - Silhouette. This is probably the best dive bar anywhere. PBR pitchers, a shady pool table, bums fighting each other, the same trashy bartender chick everytime I've gone there. More smoke than you can handle, broken bar stools, how can you beat it?

Best Dive Bar in Somerville - Sligo. OK, since there are only like 4 bars in all of Somerville, this doesn't really count. But, the bar is money. $3 pints of Guiness, Bass, Newcastle, etc. Drinks stronger than you can handle them, barflies galore (including old 50 Irish women). Something about this bar is lucky for me too... I don't know what it is, but I've had really good luck there.

I love Sullivan's Tap! Come on just because I won't touch the seats, the bar, the floor or the walls with my bare skin, and I won't take a sip of beer without cleaning if off with a handi wipe, doesn't mean it's a dive bar! Oh - and I don't even know where, if there even are, bathrooms in that place- I don't even want to know.

Haha...the Tam is awesome...I also have been to the place next door...Charlie Flynns? When I walked in there the guys looked at me like i had to friggin heads. Also, I've never been but Beacon Hill Pub got voted one of the best dive bars in America by I think Maxim or Stuff. :pint: I'm thirsty:blank: