Clubplanet Nightlife Community

More Diesel-powered cars on the way

Edmunds.com has confirmed that later this year, the VW Passat will add diesel engines to its lineup

no engine is indicated, but hopefully its VW's V6 (offered in europe in 155hp, 163hp, and 180hp versions)

in 2004, the Jeep Liberty will receive a diesel engine option (a mercedes inline 5 currently used in the c-class and e-class); the VW Touareg will be in diesel form as well. in 2005, mercedes will bring the E-class diesel back to the US (probably the 200hp e320)

ford is currently testing a Focus diesel as well. (115hp)

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

oh of course

i guess i left out that all of these are turbo diesels....its practically unheard of to not have a turbo with a diesel engine these days

ahh, my mistake...

i've always wanted to get one of those old benz's with the turbo diesel engine from the 80's and just make it a monster-beater... i bet you can get them pretty cheap too... i may actually do this, one day...

diesel engines put out such a nice sound... and i'm already a boost-junkie... nothing so beautiful as the WOOSH of a turbo spool and the "PSSSSSCHHHTTT" of the blowoff valve...

throw a nice 3" exhaust on there with no cat, and i bet you'd have a sound to rival some of the old smallblock's of the past...

blah. turbodiesels = no throttle responsiveness.

perfect for sensible, torque-hungry daily commuters who want cupholders and plush leather seats.

pointless for anybody who wants a real car, but i say bring em over here in droves. I want the price of high-test to drop through the floor.