Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What to Do when......

You have 70 bucks to get you through the weekend ?? LoL.....I'm obviously not going out to drink/party.....but I would like to do SOMETHING just b/c the weather is nice I don't feel like sitting home all weekend.....Nothing is coming to mind that would sound like fun & doesn;t really cost much......Can anyone help ???

Where do you live?

You could go to the park... an art museum (I think MoMa Queens is still running the Picasso/Matisse exhibit), the museum of natural history...

Fuck, there's tons you can occupy yourself with with $70 if you're not spending it on illicit recreational activities.

Originally posted by tastyt

Where do you live?

You could go to the park... an art museum (I think MoMa Queens is still running the Picasso/Matisse exhibit), the museum of natural history...

Fuck, there's tons you can occupy yourself with with $70 if you're not spending it on illicit recreational activities.

I'm in Queens......I'm in a good area, like 1 train ride away from practically anything.....But anyway....my friends are the type of people where if they don't have the funds to go to a club/bar/lounge (which would be this weekend for most).....They aren't interested in doing much outside of that....So I wanted to come up w/ a good idea that would be interesting & fun considering the fact we are pretty broke for this weekend.....Usually I'm good @ coming up w/ interesting stuff to do but my brain is sleeping on me :(

Originally posted by sweetie029

I'm in Queens......I'm in a good area, like 1 train ride away from practically anything.....But anyway....my friends are the type of people where if they don't have the funds to go to a club/bar/lounge (which would be this weekend for most).....They aren't interested in doing much outside of that....So I wanted to come up w/ a good idea that would be interesting & fun considering the fact we are pretty broke for this weekend.....Usually I'm good @ coming up w/ interesting stuff to do but my brain is sleeping on me :(

Find a nice guy that is willing to take you out to a bar/club on him... ;)

Other than that. The weekend is supposed to be pretty shitty so I guess it would have to be something indoors. Which basically leaves me clueless. I enjoy the outdoors. So I don't know much indoors that does not cost much. :(

Originally posted by elementx

Find a nice guy that is willing to take you out to a bar/club on him... ;)

Other than that. The weekend is supposed to be pretty shitty so I guess it would have to be something indoors. Which basically leaves me clueless. I enjoy the outdoors. So I don't know much indoors that does not cost much. :(

Uuuhhhh!! I didn't know it was supposed to be crappy out this weekend :( I really wasn't looking to do something outdoors.....Just something fun BESIDES the whole club/bar thing.....

But fuck it......I give up!!

Originally posted by sweetie029

Uuuhhhh!! I didn't know it was supposed to be crappy out this weekend :( I really wasn't looking to do something outdoors.....Just something fun BESIDES the whole club/bar thing.....

But fuck it......I give up!!

I dont know about you. But when I am bored and no one is going out. Or the weather is shitty and I am not out exercising. I normally go out and buy some DVDs ( I am a DVD Junkie ) and become a couch potato and just watch movies all day and night. Kinda boring. But usually I will get in touch with one of my female friends and just cuddle with her. Ya Know.

Originally posted by tastyt

Where do you live?

Leonardo da Vinci's drawings are still on display at the met... sunday is the last day...

Originally posted by dgmodel

did you bring a magnifying glass or did you buy one of theirs for like 30bucks??? how long was the wait for you like 2hrs????

haha i actually brought my own..i picked one up in a deli up the block from it..the line wasnt that bad ...they said 45min wait...but it was like 30 or so...

70 bucks??????????? are you kidding me :eek: :eek: :eek: ???????????????? you don't know what you can do with $70 for a weekend??? i don't even have that much to spare for entertainment in a month. [this post will not be about me needing to get a better job :worry: .] i do try to go out once a month to remain somewhat sane, though, and, when i do, the most i'll ever spend, tops, is still below $70.

you need to reevaluate how you spend your moolah. earning a shitty salary has taught me the importance of doing that, but you don't need to be broke to learn how to manage money well.

Originally posted by weyes

70 bucks??????????? are you kidding me :eek: :eek: :eek: ???????????????? you don't know what you can do with $70 for a weekend??? i don't even have that much to spare for entertainment in a month. [this post will not be about me needing to get a better job :worry: .] i do try to go out once a month to remain somewhat sane, though, and, when i do, the most i'll ever spend, tops, is still below $70.

you need to reevaluate how you spend your moolah. earning a shitty salary has taught me the importance of doing that, but you don't need to be broke to learn how to manage money well.

i agree with you whole heartedly... i mean im not a miser, however i am on a budget, (saving up for a new car, and new apt) and to be worried about "only" having $70 is a bit ridiculous... i am one who loves to indulge and i understand $70 is half a dinner, or shitty tie, or good dress shirt blah etc... however theres plenty you can do with that lil money... both eductional and or entertaining... blah to each their own...

Originally posted by misk

...wow.....sucks to be some of u!;) ...............i blew almost $70 bucks on a bottle of tanning lotion yesterday!.....lol....i'm soooooo jersey sometimes!:D

and this is something to be proud of because :shaky: ...?

i must've missed the memo that said that wasting money flagrantly was cool :blank: .

and this is something to be proud of because :shaky: ...?

i must've missed the memo that said that wasting money flagrantly was cool :blank: .

...yea...it must have been attached to the memo that told u to take the stick out of your ass............it's called JOKING AROUND.......god......u po'folk have no sense of humor

Originally posted by misk

...yea...it must have been attached to the memo that told u to take the stick out of your ass............it's called JOKING AROUND.......god......u po'folk have no sense of humor

i don't even have a stick - can't afford one :rolleyes: .

and, by the way, EATME.GIF .

i don't even have a stick - can't afford one :rolleyes: .

and, by the way, EATME.GIF .

....no thanks....us cool people who like to waste money kinda develope expensive tastes.........why go for bumblebee tuna when i can get sushi......