Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sports Grille

xlr8ed

Anyone ever been to this Sports Heaven? Went there last night for some NCAA b-ball, over 150 tvs, I felt like I was @ Best Buy or Circuit City, after a few beers I couldn't concentrate on one tv... Good place for sports, but all the girls that work there were a little hefty..

:hat:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Sounds sweet... where is this place? Did it just open?

It has to be better than the Sports Depot... that place blows lines of DXM

Its been around for a little over a year. Its on Canal Street, right next to Hurricane Oreilly's....

Originally posted by xlr8ed

Its been around for a little over a year. Its on Canal Street, right next to Hurricane Oreilly's....

Ahhhh, that's why I've never heard of it. I avoid that whole area like the plague. The only places I've ever been around there are the Harp (which I hate) and Grand Canal (which I also hate). I wouldn't mind checking out the Boston Beer Works they just opened up over there though. BBW has some goooooood beer :pint:

The blueberry beer at BBW is pretty good. What's cool about it is that the blueberry's are constantly floating and sinking from the top to the bottom and it is almost mesmerizing. It is like a lava lamp you can drink.

Originally posted by zoodog

The blueberry beer at BBW is pretty good. What's cool about it is that the blueberry's are constantly floating and sinking from the top to the bottom and it is almost mesmerizing. It is like a lava lamp you can drink.

EXACTLY!!!! Prplhz and I just recently had a discussion about the importance of those blueberries doing that little "you want to drink me" dance.

:laugh: my friends and I joke about BBW's blueberry beer constantly (one of them made a Blueberry homebrew just to be funny. We put blueberries in it too, and they did the dance).

That is easily the most contraversial beer in Boston. Most people love it, some guys HATE it. The idea of having fruit in your beer throws so many people for a huge loop. Basically, if you put sugar in anything, it's going to taste better... especially if you don't have as big a taste for beer as most people (i.e. if drinking more than a couple IPAs or Stouts is difficult). I think the beer's ok, just too sugary. And there are a lot of other beers at BBW that are much better. Though every once in a while I'll go for one.