Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How to sell a WAR about OIL without actually mentioning

ou812

Originally posted by ou812

Weyes - I saw it on another message board, as to it's origins, I have no idea.

The quote is Christopher Walken in the movie True Romance from the scene when he is interrogating Dennis Hopper, right before he puts a bullet in his head.

One of the greatest scenes ever.. "Your son, the fuckhead that he is.."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by chrishaolin

One of the greatest scenes ever.. "Your son, the fuckhead that he is.."

COCCOTTI

Do you know who I am, Mr. Worley?

CLIFF

I give up. Who are you?

COCCOTTI

I'm the Anti-Christ. You get me in a vendetta kind of mood, you will tell

the angels in heaven that you had never seen pure evil so singularly

personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you. My name is

Vincenzo Coccotti. I work as a counsel for Mr. Blue Lou Boyle, the man your

son stole from. I hear you were once a cop so I assume you've heard od us

before. Am I correct?

CLIFF

I've heard of Blue Lou Boyle.

COCCOTTI

I'm glad. Hopefully that will clear up the how-full-of-shit-I-am question

you've been asking yourself. Now, we're gonna have a little Q and A, and,

at the risk of sounding redundant, please make your answers genuine.

(taking out a pack of Chesterfields)

Want a Chesterfield?

CLIFF

No.

COCCOTTI

(as he lights up)

I have a son of my own. About you boy's age. I can imagine how painful this

must be for you. But Clarence and that bitch-whore girlfriend of his

brought this all on themselves. And I implore you not to go down the road

with 'em. You can always take comfort in the fact that you never had a

choice.

CLIFF

Look, I'd help ya if I could, but I haven't seen Clarence -

Before Cliff can finish his sentence, Coccotti slams him hard in the nose with his fist.

COCCOTTI

Smarts, don't it? Gettin' slammed in the nose fucks you all up. You got

that pain shootin' through your brain. Your eyes fill up with water. It

ain't any kind of fun. But what I have to offer you. That's as good as it's

ever gonna get, and it won't ever get that good again. We talked to your

neighbors. They saw a Mustang, a red Mustang, Clarence's red Mustang,

parked in front of your trailer yesterday. Mr. Worley, have you seen your

son?

Cliff's defeated.

CLIFF

I've seen him.

COCCOTTI

Now I can't be sure of how much of what he told you. So in the chance

you're in the dark about some of this, let me shed some light. That whore

your boy hangs around with, her pimp is an associate of mine, and I don't

just mean pimpin', in other affairs he works for me in a courier capacity.

Well, apparently, that dirty little whore found out when we're gonna do

some business, 'cause your son, the cowboy and his flame, came in the room

blastin' and didn't stop till they were pretty sure everybody was dead.

CLIFF

What are you talkin' about?

COCCOTTI

I'm talkin' about a massacre. They snatched my narcotics and hightailed it

outta there. Wouldda gotten away with it, but your son, fuckhead that he

is, left his driver's license in a dead guy's hand. A whore hiding in the

commode filled in all the blanks.

CLIFF

I don't believe you.

COCCOTTI

That's of minor importance. But what's of major fuckin' importance is that

I believe you. Where did they go?

CLIFF

On their honeymoon.

COCCOTTI

I'm gettin' angry askin' the same question a second time. Where did they

go?

CLIFF

They didn't tell me.

Coccotti looks at him.

CLIFF

Now, wait a minute and listen. I haven't seen Clarence in three years.

Yesterday he shows up here with a girl, sayin' he got married. He told me

he needed some quick cash for a honeymoon, so he asked if he could borrow

five hundred dollars. I wanted to help him out so I wrote out a check. We

went to breakfast and that's the last I saw of him. So help me God. They

never thought to tell me where they were goin'. And I never thought to ask.

Coccotti looks at him for a long moment. He then gives Virgil a look. Virgil, quick as greased lightning, grabs Cliff's hand and turns it palm up. He then whips out a butterfly knife and slices Cliff's palm open and pours Chivas Regal on the wound. Cliff screams.

Coccotti puffs on a Chesterfield.

Tooth-pic Vic returns to the trailer, and reports in Italian that there's nothing in the car.

Virgil walks into the kitchen and gets a dishtowel. Cliff holds his bleeding palm in agony. Virgil hands him the dishtowel. Cliff uses it to wrap up his hand.

COCCOTTI

Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm a Sicilian. And my

old man was the world heavyweight champion of Sicilian liars. And from

growin' up with him I learned the pantomime. Now there are seventeen

different things a guy can do when he lies to give him away. A guy has

seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen. And

if you know 'em like ya know your own face, they beat lie detectors to

hell. What we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna

show me nothin'. But you're tellin' me everything. Now I know you know

where they are. So tell me, before I do some damage you won't walk away

from.

The awful pain in Cliff's hand is being replaced by the awful pain in his heart. He looks deep into Coccotti's eyes.

CLIFF

Could I have one of those Chesterfields now?

COCCOTTI

Sure.

Coccotti leans over and hands him a smoke.

CLIFF

Got a match?

Cliff reaches into his pocket and pulls out a lighter.

CLIFF

Oh, don't bother. I got one.

(he lights the cigarette)

So you're a Sicilian, huh?

COCCOTTI

(intensly)

Uh-huh.

CLIFF

You know I read a lot. Especially things that have to do with history. I

find that shit fascinating. In fact, I don't know if you know this or not,

Sicilians were spawned by niggers.

All the men stop what they were doing and look at Cliff, except for Tooth-pic Vic who doesn't speak English and so isn't insulted. Coccotti can't believe what he's hearing.

COCCOTTI

Come again?

CLIFF

It's a fact. Sicilians have nigger blood pumpin' through their hearts. If

you don't believe me, look it up. You see, hundreds and hundreds of years

ago the Moors conquered Sicily. And Moors are niggers. Way back then,

Sicilians were like the wops in northern Italy. Blond hair, blue eyes. But,

once the Moors moved in there, they changed the whole country. They did so

much fuckin' with the Sicilian women, they changed the blood-line for ever,

from blond hair and blue eyes to black hair and dark skin. I find it

absolutely amazing to think that to this day, hundreds of years later,

Sicilians still carry that nigger gene. I'm just quotin' history. It's a

fact. It's written. Your ancestors were niggers. Your great, great, great,

great, great-grandmother was fucked by a nigger, and had a half-nigger kid.

That is a fact. Now tell me, am I lyin'?

Coccotti looks at him for a moment then jumps up, whips out an automatic, grabs hold of Cliff's hair, puts the barrel to his temple, and pumps three bullets through Cliff's head.

He pushes the body violently aside. Coccotti pauses. Unable to express his feelings and frustrated by the blood in his hands, he simply drops his weapon, and turns to his men.

COCCOTTI

I haven't killed anybody since 1974. Goddamn his soul to burn for eternity

in fuckin' hell for makin' me spill blood on my hands! Go to this

comedian's son's apartment and come back with somethin' that tells me where

that asshole went so I can wipe this egg off of my face and fix this

fucked-up family for good.

it is a well known fact that the gov't of israel, american jewish organizations, the american jewish community, and the israel embassy have a strong hold on the gov't and its branches, including the legislative, executive, and judicial branches. they also penetrate the pentagon and often have access to information and technology that not even the american gov't does. it is also evident that the contributions of monies that they give to aspiring senators and congressmen serve a purpose: to buy these men and use them as puppets for their purposes in congress and the senate. the mossad has been caught stealing confidential, classified information from this gov't. israel is shaping our foreign policy and our national security issues. look at the amount of contributions they give to fresh politicians, you will see that they contribute around 50-80% of their campaign funds to these people. why? so they can buy them and use them to manipulate any policies that will serve israel.

why is it that even this country has tried to hide the facts of an attack that occured on the USS Liberty in the mediterranean sea on june 8,1967. israeli forces attacked the ship in broad daylight, killing 27 of its men and injuring over 150. the ship even issued a plea for help, but the US would not allow help to arrive until the next day. conveniently, israel said it "mistook" the ship to be an egyptian one and attacked it, even though the ship clearly had an american flag above it and in no way resembled an egyptian ship. if no one believes me, check out james ennes' book "assault on the liberty" which is a full report on the incident. i find it ironic that the US would try to cover it up, especially since israel initiated the attack. my point with this is that there are deeper ties between these two countries than most people realize. there really is a jewish controversy.

now i don't want to hear crap about being anti-semitic and anti-this and anti-that. i have nothing against jews, i love israel and i have many dear jewish friends. but the bottom line is that they control this country and its gov't. and we can't do anything about it. kind of makes sense actually.

even in the knesset, the MP's spew more abuse against the israelis than congress does....kind of odd... i would think.

no wonder the middle east is so fucked up. look who's pulling the strings.:blown:

Originally posted by sassa

it is a well known fact that the gov't of israel, american jewish organizations, the american jewish community, and the israel embassy have a strong hold on the gov't and its branches, including the legislative, executive, and judicial branches. they also penetrate the pentagon and often have access to information and technology that not even the american gov't does. it is also evident that the contributions of monies that they give to aspiring senators and congressmen serve a purpose: to buy these men and use them as puppets for their purposes in congress and the senate. the mossad has been caught stealing confidential, classified information from this gov't. israel is shaping our foreign policy and our national security issues. look at the amount of contributions they give to fresh politicians, you will see that they contribute around 50-80% of their campaign funds to these people. why? so they can buy them and use them to manipulate any policies that will serve israel.

why is it that even this country has tried to hide the facts of an attack that occured on the USS Liberty in the mediterranean sea on june 8,1967. israeli forces attacked the ship in broad daylight, killing 27 of its men and injuring over 150. the ship even issued a plea for help, but the US would not allow help to arrive until the next day. conveniently, israel said it "mistook" the ship to be an egyptian one and attacked it, even though the ship clearly had an american flag above it and in no way resembled an egyptian ship. if no one believes me, check out james ennes' book "assault on the liberty" which is a full report on the incident. i find it ironic that the US would try to cover it up, especially since israel initiated the attack. my point with this is that there are deeper ties between these two countries than most people realize. there really is a jewish controversy.

now i don't want to hear crap about being anti-semitic and anti-this and anti-that. i have nothing against jews, i love israel and i have many dear jewish friends. but the bottom line is that they control this country and its gov't. and we can't do anything about it. kind of makes sense actually.

even in the knesset, the MP's spew more abuse against the israelis than congress does....kind of odd... i would think.

no wonder the middle east is so fucked up. look who's pulling the strings.:blown:

May I see these facts you speak off?

Originally posted by siceone

May I see these facts you speak off?

i'll give you some names to check out, and one particular book (although there are several)

charles percy

adlai stevenson iii

george ball

j. william fulbright

jesse jackson

georgie anne geyer

james ennes

miriam ward

paul findley

philip klutznick

dean francis sayre

paul mccloskey

sheila scoville

check out how they have voted in congress and in the senate, and the articles they have written, especially mccloskey, ball, and fulbright, who have been very vocal about this issue for years. some also speculate that their being vocal about this has caused their careers to suffer, since then if they want to rerun for a seat in the legislative branch, the jewish community makes it extremely hard for them, since they have the many contacts, means and resources to do so.

also check out this book: they dare to speak out by paul findley, published by lawrence hill books.

siceone, honestly, it's not that difficult to see: it is simple facts, also like math...put two and two together...and you will see.

Originally posted by cintron

maybe you should pray that you are never proven right.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the safety of our country is a more worthy consideration than the fulfillment of your skepticism?

aap.jpg

That was done by terrorists that lived in the U.S. with box cutter knives. I believe that is what the Department of Homeland Security is for.

Attacking a country that has not attacked us is not being proactive IMO.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

That was done by terrorists that lived in the U.S. with box cutter knives. I believe that is what the Department of Homeland Security is for.

Attacking a country that has not attacked us is not being proactive IMO.

seriously Read what you just wrote.

Originally posted by lizard23

This war is not about oil! I cannot believe that people are ignorant enough to have convinced themselves of this. This war is to prevent 9/11 from happening again b/c it is a known fact that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and harbors terrorists. Damn fucking hippies fighting for a cause that they have no clue about...

Can you prove this? I like for you to do so, then I will take you seriously. That article I posted proves that this war is for oil. Can you counter it? I hope you can.

Originally posted by normalnoises

Can you prove this? I like for you to do so, then I will take you seriously. That article I posted proves that this war is for oil. Can you counter it? I hope you can.

I could prove 2 equals 3.

that doesn't make it true.

there is nothing more sad than someone who thinks that hiding behind another's words lends validity to their own.

prove it yourself, if you are so convinced the other side is wrong.

there is nothing more sad than someone who thinks that hiding behind another's words lends validity to their own.

Just coz you dont necessarily get the 411 straight from the proverbial.... "horses' mouth" doesnt make the info any less legit. I think trying to challenge any info that has been posted by anyone else is just a mere reiteration. Dont get too defensive. If you feel so strongly about the reply, just go ahead and post a counter-response, its a more respectable gesture..just a thought.

P.S. Being anti-war, doesnt make one Anti-American,..if anything, I think it makes one more aware of rights accorded by the constitution. We all disagree to agree, the most basic foundation of Democracy.

I personally think you blew your spot with the WTC pic to (if any) justify the war. Like you've been reminded endlessly, none of the bombers were Iraqi. Be objective rather than subjective...life is more than what is shown on tv.....(propaganda galore?)

BTW..is the MR2 out of the garage yet?... Holla back.. I wanna smoke your azz in the name of peace:laugh:

Lata dawg..:aright:

Originally posted by magellanmax

Just coz you dont necessarily get the 411 straight from the proverbial.... "horses' mouth" doesnt make the info any less legit. I think trying to challenge any info that has been posted by anyone else is just a mere reiteration. Dont get too defensive. If you feel so strongly about the reply, just go ahead and post a counter-response, its a more respectable gesture..just a thought.

P.S. Being anti-war, doesnt make one Anti-American,..if anything, I think it makes one more aware of rights accorded by the constitution. We all disagree to agree, the most basic foundation of Democracy.

I personally think you blew your spot with the WTC pic to (if any) justify the war. Like you've been reminded endlessly, none of the bombers were Iraqi. Be objective rather than subjective...life is more than what is shown on tv.....(propaganda galore?)

BTW..is the MR2 out of the garage yet?... Holla back.. I wanna smoke your azz in the name of peace:laugh:

Lata dawg..:aright:

Sure, life is more than what's on TV... and it's more than just rhetoric about what a war "is" and "isn't" about. As if any of us have 100% of the facts. Most of these so called experts and pundits don't know fuck-all. The info they get is the same info we get... which is filtered at best.

;) MR2's up here right now and sitting outside, proud and shiny.

what Beast is this you speak of that will smoke my deuce coupe?

Sure, life is more than what's on TV... and it's more than just rhetoric about what a war "is" and "isn't" about. As if any of us have 100% of the facts. The info they get is the same info we get... which is filtered at best.

;) MR2's up here right now and sitting outside, proud and shiny.

what Beast is this you speak of that will smoke my deuce coupe?

Thats the most honest thing you've posted so far baby boy..I hear you...goes both ways....

I got my A4 going to the shop to be hooked up. I tried to have the dealer do it, but they wont touch it coz its still got a couple of K miles left on the warranty..fuck 'em, they lost my business:D You game?.. The Englishtown racetrack is soon gonna be open for biz. Let me know what you got planned for spring.:cool:

Actions speak louder than words and I strongly believe this war is for oil and everything in that article explains why I'm against this war and that article proves it.

I'll be waiting for you to find any evidence proving this war is not for oil. can you find any?

Lets see it, otherwise concede.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I did :confused: can you elaborate?

If you do something after the fact you're not being proactive you're being reactive.. so you can't be pro-active if you do things after they happen.. so if a country doesn't attack you and you attack it that's being pro-active if you attack after they attack that's being reactive.

Actions speak louder than words and I strongly believe this war is for oil and everything in that article explains why I'm against this war and that article proves it.

I'll be waiting for you to find any evidence proving this war is not for oil. can you find any?

If it was about oil why didn't the US drop the sanctions or take it in the first gulf war?

hah. i don't owe you an explanation. Feel free to wallow in your own opinion.

the fact that the UN has restarted the oil-for-food program should be proof enough.

Iraq is confronting the United States, Britain and Kuwait, but will be overseen by the United Nations as a whole.

If we wanted their oil, we would have taken it after the Gulf War. At that time we had MORE than enough territory in our hands to have kept all Saddam's wells in the south. yet we did not.

Remember that we get a tiny fraction of our oil from Iraq. Less than 5 percent. Arguing that this war is over oil is akin to arguing that someone would rob a bank to steal those fancy fountain pens.

besides, so what if we DID actually assault Iraq only for the oil.

To the Victor go the spoils of war. Iraq should have considered that before they invaded Kuwait and set the course for this whole fucked up carnival show.

hah. i don't owe you an explanation. Feel free to wallow in your own opinion.

How about wallowing in your own self pity.

the fact that the UN has restarted the oil-for-food program should be proof enough.

The fact is the US destroyed an oil field killing 4 civilains and the fact is that that oil field is one of the fields that was part of the UN oil for food program. That will be enough to piss off the UN.

It was in Sunday's BBC report.

Iraq is confronting the United States, Britain and Kuwait, but will be overseen by the United Nations as a whole.

Like I said when the UN finds out about that oil field they will be pissed.

If we wanted their oil, we would have taken it after the Gulf War. At that time we had MORE than enough territory in our hands to have kept all Saddam's wells in the south. yet we did not.

READ THE ARTICLE! That is if you can comprehend with what it says. I'm pretty sure US oil companies will clamour over Iraqi oil and they will most definately jump all over it. Just think of all the money to be made from it? And you have yet to prove that this war is not for oil. I want hard evidence from you proving me wrong because all you're doing is proving me right. BRING IT!!

Remember that we get a tiny fraction of our oil from Iraq. Less than 5 percent. Arguing that this war is over oil is akin to arguing that someone would rob a bank to steal those fancy fountain pens.

So we get 5 percent of the oil from there... whoop de dooo. So Iraq is the 6th largest supplier of oil to the US. But you fail to say that IRAQ is the world's 2nd largest oil resource. And what does fountain pens have to do with this?

Like I said... PROVE ME WRONG! Now stop throwing temper tantrums like an immature 5 year old child.

MAN UP AND PROVE ME WRONG!!!

You cant can you? Admit it.

And thank you for proving me right. You have no debate.

Oh. And you think this war is going to help the economy and lower oil prices??

Guess what???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/business/2894297.stm

Oil prices hit wartime high

Oil prices rose to their highest level since the start of the war in Iraq.

Oil shot up on concerns that the war in the Gulf could be much longer than expected and could lead to a serious fuel shortages.

But prices fell back after an official from the oil producers' cartel, Opec, said there was enough crude to supply the world's demands despite stoppages in Iraq and Nigeria.

In London, the price of Brent crude oil rose 92 cents to $27.74 a barrel but later fell back to end down 39 cents at $26.43.

In New York, US-grade oil reached $31.05 a barrel but settled down 21 cents at $30.16.

Shares decline

Oil prices rose on reports from the US army that it would take several months to get Iraq's southern oilfields up and running again.

At the same time clashes between warring tribal factions in Nigeria have halted oil output from Africa's biggest producer.

While oil prices were see-sawing, stock markets on both sides of the Atlantic were, for the most part, heading downwards.

In New York, the Dow Jones index ended down 56 points at 8,146.

Traders said the markets were being driven by major concerns about the progress of the war in Iraq.

"We're shipping in new soldiers in and they're telling us that was scheduled," said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at Jefferies & Co.

"I think that's the spin they're putting on it."

London's FTSE 100 index closed down 0.6% at 3,708, its lowest level for two weeks. The German Dax was 51 points lower at 2,533 but the French Cac 40 ended up 0.4% at 2,733.

Story from BBC NEWS:

Published: 2003/03/28 22:15:31

© BBC MMIII

This war is doing great for the economy isn't it???

Originally posted by siceone

If you do something after the fact you're not being proactive you're being reactive.. so you can't be pro-active if you do things after they happen.. so if a country doesn't attack you and you attack it that's being pro-active if you attack after they attack that's being reactive.

:confused:

reactive - Tending to be responsive or to react to a stimulus.

Example:

I am reacting to your post about me misusing the word proactive.

proactive - acting in advance to deal with an expected difficulty; anticipatory: proactive steps to prevent terrorism

My Post:

Attacking a country that has not attacked us is not being proactive

Iraq has NOT attacked us but may attack us in the future. To be proactive we will attack Iraq first.

oil prices are always high during times of uncertain supply.

if the PEZ factory was in the middle of a war zone, you can bet that PEZ prices would skyrocket as well.

killing 4 civilians and "bombing" an oil well... wow i guess we should run away with our tails between our legs, hanging our heads in shame.

we've created a massacre. a whopping four civilians, dear God how can we as a nation live with the agony of such a brutal mass murder. maybe we should all lock ourselves in our closets and wallow in our SELF PITY at our inability to transform war into a black and white game where only the bad guys get hurt and instead of violence, we have a dandy Disney sing-along to teach the enemy the immorality of their position.

who gives a fuck what the UN thinks. they want their hands in Iraq and they'll have it, when we're done.

Do you think any of us give a fuck what Khofi Annan is going to say about an oil well?

do you think he's going to say anything at all?

grow a pair.