Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Post your FAVORITE cars!

joeg

Originally posted by otofmyway6

dude...first of all, i've never seen a 3000gt with a wheelie bar..have you? ...so stfu...

next, the vr4 will outturn, outrun, whatever...it will beat you in your "real" race....the thing has awd and 4 wheel steering, plus two small turbos which will spool fast out of turns...you better just shut your mouth before you look like more of an idiot...and i dunno if you've noticed, but how many 3000GTs do you see running around wiht stickers n shit all over the place...you call out rice when you dunno wat you talkin about...go sit down

1) ive seen quite a few stealths and 3000GTs riced up in my time....and, if you think about it....with the body kits and shit, the stealth/3000gt was rice right out of the factory

2) for the money....the impreza is an outstanding performance value

what was the VR4 new? $40k?

i wonder how a WRX with $15k in mods would perform against a 3000GT

3) all AWD systems are different. Subaru has decades of experience in AWD over Mitsubishi.

4) there is no need for throwing insults...especially given the subject matter of this forum

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude...first of all, i've never seen a 3000gt with a wheelie bar..have you? ...so stfu...

next, the vr4 will outturn, outrun, whatever...it will beat you in your "real" race....the thing has awd and 4 wheel steering, plus two small turbos which will spool fast out of turns...you better just shut your mouth before you look like more of an idiot...and i dunno if you've noticed, but how many 3000GTs do you see running around wiht stickers n shit all over the place...you call out rice when you dunno wat you talkin about...go sit down

4 more replies and you got yourself 10 post...

mitsubishi(all except the 2000 models) have the worst interiors. probably the only car i would give props to si the evo. not even the new evo... i think the old evos more, but the interior is plain disgusting. i have never seen any nice 3000gt or aka gtos probably the puma and marlboro sponsered ones. what is teh fast time a 3000gt have? post some numbers...

i just think a 3000gt is way over priced for the shit that is sold....

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

1) ive seen quite a few stealths and 3000GTs riced up in my time....and, if you think about it....with the body kits and shit, the stealth/3000gt was rice right out of the factory

2) for the money....the impreza is an outstanding performance value

what was the VR4 new? $40k?

i wonder how a WRX with $15k in mods would perform against a 3000GT

3) all AWD systems are different. Subaru has decades of experience in AWD over Mitsubishi.

4) there is no need for throwing insults...especially given the subject matter of this forum

i think the only race that mitsubishi won that needs awd is the baja runs. but subaru isnt even entered in those races...

i saw this post and had to reply i actually worked for subaru and you have never seen a car more broken in your life then the wrx.(especially trannies) for a fact there is a guy who thought it would be cool to go offroading in his wrx and now is on his third tranny 2nd engine. your car is RALLY INSPIRED not a rally car so you cant even copare the two. In my time working for subaru i ahve seen more than 2 to4 a week for engine or tranny repairs or replacements (mostly tranny). also you stated vr4's are slow off the line i've driven both a wrx and i own a twin turbo stealth and the wrx doesn't hold wind. i made 305 ft lbs in stock trim how about you

Originally posted by atomicapples

as a matter of fact subaru have a very well designed motor. no other way to prove then to rally it and beat the shit out of it. name one thing the gto does? drift on all the big name tracks in japan? none... when was the last time you seen a 3000gt on a cover of a magazine? about 7 years ago... i have driven many 3000gt... but power to weight ratio is terrible... why do you think they didnt sell many? since 3000gt was in the samw class as the supra, 300zx level of proformance... why do i still see these cars around? and maybe 1 or 2 3000gts? the only race i have seen a 3000gt in is in the JPGT... and even then they were mostly skylines, supras, and nsx. as for launching... why would a fwd car be better? why does all those cars need wheelie bars? when they cant pop wheelies with fwd? why would you make a fwd on such a big car? given that the vr4s are fast... but no off the line...

any time there is thrust of any kind whether it be a front, rear or awd car you will have weight transfer the point of the wheelie bars is make sure the front end doesn't lift during a launch. Any matter in motion has this problem. all dirvelines with substantial power, a hard launch will cause the front end of the car to lift because the gravity holding the car down is less than the force propelling it forward. (fast fwd need wheelie bars like any fast car)

oh you poor stupid kid....why do FWD need wheelie bars? FWD popping wheelies? you show me a FWD popping a wheelie...stupid...so stupid. just think about it..when do FWD pop wheelies..power going to front wheels...yea i bet youve driven LOTS of 3000gts...idiot...poor poor idiot...:blank:

Originally posted by stealthrt1

i saw this post and had to reply i actually worked for subaru and you have never seen a car more broken in your life then the wrx.(especially trannies) for a fact there is a guy who thought it would be cool to go offroading in his wrx and now is on his third tranny 2nd engine. your car is RALLY INSPIRED not a rally car so you cant even copare the two. In my time working for subaru i ahve seen more than 2 to4 a week for engine or tranny repairs or replacements (mostly tranny). also you stated vr4's are slow off the line i've driven both a wrx and i own a twin turbo stealth and the wrx doesn't hold wind. i made 305 ft lbs in stock trim how about you

i never said that the wrx will win vs a 3000gt. yes wrx trannys are known to be very week. and yes 1st gear to 2nd gear ratios is horrible. personally its all about the way you drive. you treat the tranny good, it will treat you good. most people do forget that when you upgrade engine parts, its good to upgrade tranny parts as well. and for the fact the matter is. i would never go rally in my car. my car can barely take a hitting from a speedbump/pothole. but if you compare the 3000gt to its competition class.... well.. let you decide...

Originally posted by stealthrt1

any time there is thrust of any kind whether it be a front, rear or awd car you will have weight transfer the point of the wheelie bars is make sure the front end doesn't lift during a launch. Any matter in motion has this problem. all dirvelines with substantial power, a hard launch will cause the front end of the car to lift because the gravity holding the car down is less than the force propelling it forward. (fast fwd need wheelie bars like any fast car)

very well said. but i dont think you need a wheelie bar if you are not breaking 10 secs for 1/4 mile.

Guest partyboy1441

no need to flame anyone- obviously some of these people have no idea what they are talking about. For the price, no car beats a VR4, they are incredibally CHEAP for what they offer, I mean look at motertrend and car and drivers comparisions? they were neck and nexk with the NSX, AND the drivers didnt know how to treat an AWD (they tried to drive it like a RWD).

all the same, people can't have respect for what they dont know, and in this case they cant have respect for the 3S because they dont know the 3S.

so for all sakes, leave it be on both sides. Just because some people dont know what they are talking about doesnt mean they are all bad.

And as far as it being all metal, I believe its one of the few sports/semi sports cars to get 5 star crash tests when it came out? I know if I was in a wreck I'd sure as hell rather be in a 3S than any other sports cars...

What is this limited potential for power output you speak of? Considering the stock block itself can handle at LEAST 650hp, I'd say theres quite a bit of potential there...

And again, its only 250lbs heavier than a Supra, so I wouldn't call that a "fat pig" by any means.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its the BEST CAR IN THE WHOLE WORLD, but I hate to see so many people so misinformed.

Yeah, I can't really disagree the car does feel "big". For me, at 6'1", part of it is steering wheel/ seat position. I really need a steering wheel with a spacer to move it away from the dash a little, and I think that'd really change my perspective on how much control of the car I have.

Though I will say it has quite a bit less understeer than I thought it would, being a FWD based AWD car. And learning to launch it took time, thats for sure ;-). Nothin like chirping all four tires! :-D

heavy heavy heavy... just so you people know.. weight is not a friendly thing whne it comes to how fast you can get from one side to the other. i think the car need about 17 lsd to make that car even close to anything with good traction.

that car drives like a left front wheel drive / right rear wheel drive car... drives like a handicap car running diesel.

Originally posted by cintron

ROUGH ;)

ugh what's with pontiacs. They always look like they're designed by an 8 year old drawing doodles of "really cool fast cars" in social science class.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i always thought they looked like they were designed by an 8yr old kid in special ed...

Back in 99 i was walking by a mitsu dealsership and there were like 20 3000 gt's there , the guy said he couldent sell them to save his life , he then asked me if i wanted to trade my air jordans for a new one , i said no.

I didn't register to flame anyone but i just wanted to say something:

#1: adjustable suspension makes a nice difference and it works so i don't think it's useless.

#2: active aero also works and it makes a difference at highs speeds. It makes the car more stable.

That's it:D

Here is a pic my heavyweight

My baby ;)

site1002.jpg

Some other VR-4s

fc6598c2.jpg

fc6598bf.jpg

fc65988a.jpg

fd19de71.jpg

awdtwnturbo... don't worry, you're not flaming anyone... apples likes to get a rise out of people... lol...

i like the black 3kgts... they're always so shiny... that ones a hardtop convertable, too... those are kinda rare... i've only seen a handfull...