Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best mixers?

flavanugz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by teamj5

Tenaglia's mixing ability is sub par...he may do some interesting stuff...but it's in that daft punk sorta way you know?

Def:

Howells

Digweed

Sasha

Richards

Even Ali Ajami!

dt's mixing is far above subpar my friend.

from first hand experience,

digweed

sasha

howells is always on point

ajami is tight;)

fortier

jimmy van m

richie hawtin (before i knew what final scratch was, i took some dxm at sona and watched him play two records and a laptop for hours completly in awe)

Fortier and Van M seem........i dont know.....they dont fuck up but they dont seem imaginative. It is more like straight forward mixing....atleast that's what it seems like to me.....not that I know a lot about this sort of thing.

true that teamj, but fortier last summer, tight as hell...i remember he even did some slow backspin at the end of one mix, technically he was on point that night. imagination you got to give it to guys like lisle, zabiela, maybe l+b (of course the man like)...technically not virtuosos but i'd rather hear them try and do some different shizz

Fortier and Van M seem........i dont know.....they dont fuck up but they dont seem imaginative. It is more like straight forward mixing....atleast that's what it seems like to me.....not that I know a lot about this sort of thing.

Jimmy Van M - Bedrock. The mixes on that comp are phenomenal. Janiero original mix into Janiero Saffron Mix :eek:

g good call on the Funk D'Void set, I was gonna give him props for that one too!

Best Mixers:

Danny Sashweed

Lee Burridge

Stacey Pullen

Deep Dish

Ali Ajami

Honorable Mention - Pete Tong. He's so good.

you're right about van m - he's technically very good, but not too immaginative. fortier on the other hand, is great. his bedrock mixes are awesome.

howells and sasha are both great mixers. they're always right on and they're styles are always evolving.

Originally posted by rockyblue

you're right about van m - he's technically very good, but not too immaginative. fortier on the other hand, is great. his bedrock mixes are awesome.

howells and sasha are both great mixers. they're always right on and they're styles are always evolving.

I'll have to agree with you Jen, about Van M. Howells is of course a very skilled mixer. I alway love his sets and they flow nicely. Sasha on the other hand... CAN be good, when he's not inebriated. I know I'm gonna pay for that one....

I just saw James Holden this weekend. He had a nice track selection but it seemed like he didn't know how to put one song with another. He was just playing records...

You guys are all going to make fun of me, but I think PvD is an amazing mixer... Never mind the fact that his sets are so full of emotions, more then most of the DJ's that spin, except Howells of course, that guy rocks it every time I see him.

Howells

Digweed is also a great mixer, love his Los Angeles Underground 1 & 2, they are a few years old, but so dark and dirty, I love that:eek:

That Shashweed guy he's okay;)

Ali Aljami

I'm not very technical in my decision making, it's just what I like hearing.

Hey everyone!:D

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

OH! I didn't overlook him or anything I was just responding to Rocky's post :D I think PvD's mixing is flawless. We can be made fun of together :cool:

HELLO JESS! :kiss2:

That's it! You are no longer PVD's #1 co-fan, I'm crying here, I lost my co-fan....:laugh: I know you didn't over look him, you just needed to compose yourself after reading his name in Vic's post, your brain temporarily went blank, you are forgiven child....:laugh:

Hello sweetheart, how's everything? Nice pics BTW, sorry I didn't get a chance to write you and tell you, I didn't have to work this Saturday so no time to reply to e-mails... lol Give me a call tonight or tomorrow night, so that we can talk...