Clubplanet Nightlife Community

S2000

Drove one today after the AutoX.

Shifting is sooooo slick and quick. Rev-matching downshifts is rediculously fun. I almost nailed toe and heel on it too. Car is quick, not my type of engine though. No low end, no mid either. Handling is like none other, i've never driven a car that is so tight and nimble. I can't imagine what an S2k on R compound rubber would be like. :cool:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by teklord310

Drove one today after the AutoX.

Shifting is sooooo slick and quick. Rev-matching downshifts is rediculously fun. I almost nailed toe and heel on it too. Car is quick, not my type of engine though. No low end, no mid either. Handling is like none other, i've never driven a car that is so tight and nimble. I can't imagine what an S2k on R compound rubber would be like. :cool:

Pure heaven my dear, just pure heaven.

When I had bald tires I took it to the track an used them like slicks. *lol* Those stock S02's don't last for shit.

Now, youre making me miss my baby....BASTARD!!!

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Pure heaven my dear, just pure heaven.

When I had bald tires I took it to the track an used them like slicks. *lol* Those stock S02's don't last for shit.

Now, youre making me miss my baby....BASTARD!!!

Awesome!

My friend said he took it to the drag strip and achieved the best times by dropping it at 7k and keeping the revs above 6k(vtec). I guess that works but damn... talk about clutch abuse.

Sorry, now i understand why you miss your baby so much. :(

Joeg - i tried that once, didn't work.. they wanted me to sign the papers first. Plus they won't let you beat on it, find a friend. :D Obviously that the best option, i guess its who you know. I'm hoping to make some connections this season.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Yeah, I did the saem, but I learned how to feather the clutch so I didn't abuse it too bad. My biggest problem was keeping the RPMs between 6 and 7K. Most of the time I ended up launching at 8K and spinning all through first and second gear. Another tip is to drop the air in the tires to 19psi and taking the spare out of the trunk. When I did that I shaved off almost half a second. The one thing that I wanted to try and acheive but never did, was to get through thte trap before shifting into fourth. I always had to shift RIGHT before.

Once you get to drive one, you become addicted. I used to valet at an upscale place, (readFerrais, Porsches, Lambos, etc.) and I still always was glad to get in my little HOnda at the end of the night. After the S, all the shifters are WAY too long, clutches too stiff, and accelerators too soft. Handling too loose also. :D

If any of you DO get an S2K, What they tell you about the break in period is garbage. When a group of us took our cars to the Dyno, we found that the cars that had followed the break in guidelines did not have as high HP numbers as the ones that disregarded it and beat on their cars. MIne included. ;) Most aftermarket mods make you LOOSE HP in my opinion except the big guns like Spoon, Mugen and Buddy Club. Out of 9 cars, all with different mods, mine had the 3rd highest HP and it was bone stock.

Also, switch over to synthetic oil after 7000 miles. I put Mobil One 15W50 in mine.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DRIVING!!!

Also if you drive with the top up, you're a little bitch, grow some balls. :D

Originally posted by cintron

whoa 15w50?!

heeeaaavvvvvyyyyyyy....

i use 10w30. 15w50 is nice but MAN it sucks gas!

20w50 in the 944 in a few weeks once it warms up. Looking into a second oil cooler to hookup in series with the stock one for high temps at the track.