Clubplanet Nightlife Community

best quote of last week

teamj5

I'd love to lock Avalon management in a small, dark, windowless room for 24 hours and force them to listen to every set that's going to be pumped out of that system over the next month (Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays).

If that doesn't get them to quit being such cocknobblers, nothing will.

ooh, that's just wrong...seriously debo and crew have always done a fantastic job, very VERY underappreciated imo...so this month sucks, we got square one for all the true heads and axis is a better club then avalon imo anyways. hell, i would do the same thing if i were them, times is tough right now for the mega-club industry, REALLY tough, go as commercial as possible and hope for the best...

fuck that dude. fridays are basically gone. i dont foresee myself putting any money into that establishment for a long time. i have been a solid supporter since chrome was in full force and it pains me to see what has happened to avalon/axis.

i never really enjoyed avalon anyways, so i could give a fuck less tat they are bringing in the most pathetic "talent' in the dance scene.

as far as squareone goes, if i have to see debo's buttbuddies spin there, then im afraid i wont be supporting that night either. christ, the kells has a better fucking lineup than landsdowne.

ps rise needs to gets a steppin!

true, but look at the talent avaon HAS booked in the past 6 months, and i don't have intimate knowledge of their accounting but i assure you they're hemoraging money compared with the good ol' days. it's a tough situation all around...really you got to pull all the stops to get bodies in anywhere right now that's not a bar or a hardcore following.

i know for a fact that square one will be having some great guests in the future and will be very affordable to get in, so you can't beat that. as far as guests every week, i'm glad they've gone back to focusing on residents as a means of providing a solid vibe week to week. without that you rely on one name after another, and god forbid you don't book a name one week or nobody will even show up...something to consider. i'm looking forward to some intimate nights with debo, ali, porter and whalen (underated dj imo).

we shall see how things progress...i'd love to see some better talent on fridays if at all possible...after square one gets situated we'll take a look at getting fridays back up :)

exactly, look at who they booked in the past few months, and look at what the succesful nights are. i dont even like tiesto and pvd, but those are succesful nights. look at the crowd diggers draws. the talent coming in is a disgrace.

and if u think for one second that the average person who gos to avalon has ANY clue of who the fuck is spinning, then you are very jaded my friend.

true that....ive rarely spent an entire night in avalon....and i its even rarer that ive enjoyed myself. the only two times ive had fun were for daft punk and the last danny howells...and the only reasons i enjoyed myself cause it was quite empty in there and you could move about. its just not a fun room when packed.