Clubplanet Nightlife Community

France

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys can't just type something and expect that this will make it so...

trying researching on your own a little bit...

and "don't believe the hype"...

dnice35:

oil doesn't have a small say...oil is the only thing...

do your homework, look at the background of the people waging this war...

jesseh49:

we went to afghanistan to get bin laden...

but the real reason is exactly what sassa told you about...

but i guess you didn't know that...

i'm pretty sure you didn't know either that: "on feb. 12, 1998

Unocal VP John J Maresca testified before the House that, until a single, unified friendly government was in place in Afghanistan, the pipeline would not be built."

you need to stop listening to tom brokaw (who btw said on the first day of war "One of the things we don't want to do is destroy the infrastructure in Iraq because in a few days we're going to own that country."...yea that sounds like liberating the iraqi people...) and start getting your information from objective news sources, and not from the pentagon...

siceone:

what the hell are you talking about????...

you better check your fact before putting something like that out there man...

"all the oil goes into a world pool"...are you nuts?...let's ask russia, norway, mexico and oman if their production goes into OPEC...

Originally posted by frenchbread

you guys can't just type something and expect that this will make it so...

trying researching on your own a little bit...

and "don't believe the hype"...

jesseh49:

we went to afghanistan to get bin laden...

but the real reason is exactly what sassa told you about...

but i guess you didn't know that...

i'm pretty sure you didn't know either that: "on feb. 12, 1998

Unocal VP John J Maresca testified before the House that, until a single, unified friendly government was in place in Afghanistan, the pipeline would not be built."

you need to stop listening to tom brokaw (who btw said on the first day of war "One of the things we don't want to do is destroy the infrastructure in Iraq because in a few days we're going to own that country."...yea that sounds like liberating the iraqi people...) and start getting your information from objective news sources, and not from the pentagon...

First of all I have quoted you straight facts and then backed them up with my opinion. I don't have time to sit here and explain every detail, I am trying to get some work done as I am sure you are as well. Let's get this straight I don't watch Tom Brokaw. By my Strong Pro American views you should have figured out that I am a Fox News Channel Viewer. I summarized on the Afghanistan comments cause as I said I could right 10 pages and still have more to say. That being said. I was just trying to drive across the point that we didn't take Afghanistan for it's oil. Much of what you point out though about Afghanistan took place during the Clinton Administration. I hated Clinton.

You mention getting my news from objectional new sources when you are talking about news stories that are being promoted by Iraq ie...News cameras allowed in at certain times. The majority of news today is going to be slanted one way or another. Individually we have to make our own decisions on what to believe and what not to believe.

This debate on France could go on for days if not years between the two of us. In the end we are both stuck on our views and values. So let me say this I feel that France has done wrong by us and the international community. Of course I do not think the only reason we are in Iraq is to liberate them. I do believe that we are there to protect the US from future terrorist attacks. Saddam himself may not carry them out but he would sell a WMD in a second to any terrorist group targeting the US.

What truly makes me sick though are the protestors in the US who are throwing fake body bags in the streets and trying to cause havoc around the city. Everyone is entiled to their own opinion. Right now though we are in war and our troops need our support. They should be treated like the brave heroes they are.

Originally posted by jesseh49

First of all I have quoted you straight facts and then backed them up with my opinion. I don't have time to sit here and explain every detail, I am trying to get some work done as I am sure you are as well. Let's get this straight I don't watch Tom Brokaw. By my Strong Pro American views you should have figured out that I am a Fox News Channel Viewer. I summarized on the Afghanistan comments cause as I said I could right 10 pages and still have more to say. That being said. I was just trying to drive across the point that we didn't take Afghanistan for it's oil. Much of what you point out though about Afghanistan took place during the Clinton Administration. I hated Clinton.

You mention getting my news from objectional new sources when you are talking about news stories that are being promoted by Iraq ie...News cameras allowed in at certain times. The majority of news today is going to be slanted one way or another. Individually we have to make our own decisions on what to believe and what not to believe.

This debate on France could go on for days if not years between the two of us. In the end we are both stuck on our views and values. So let me say this I feel that France has done wrong by us and the international community. Of course I do not think the only reason we are in Iraq is to liberate them. I do believe that we are there to protect the US from future terrorist attacks. Saddam himself may not carry them out but he would sell a WMD in a second to any terrorist group targeting the US.

What truly makes me sick though are the protestors in the US who are throwing fake body bags in the streets and trying to cause havoc around the city. Everyone is entiled to their own opinion. Right now though we are in war and our troops need our support. They should be treated like the brave heroes they are.

you have not quoted straight facts, and in any case, you don't back facts with opinion, you back facts with evidence...(you've obviously been watching too much fox)...

didn't go to afghanistan for oil????...

that's exactly what i mean when i say you need to research on your own and stop repeating what you hear on fox...

it's not because tony snow says it that it makes it so!

do you realize that the owner of fox is a close personal friend of g.w.bush's?...

do you know who the president of afghanistan is?...do you know how he got there?...do you know what he did before?...do you know who put the taliban in place?...

do you know who the people at fox are?...have you any clue as to their background?...

i didn't talk about news story promoted by Iraq...what the hell are you inventing?...

you want objective news and you watch fox????...

all these tv channels that have dug up countless generals for their "analysis" and embedded journalists in army units are as far as possible from objectivity...

tell me how a journalist that spends every hour with the same army unit, and who's life immediately depends on these people can be objective?...i'm impatient to hear your explanation...

france has done wrong by the u.s. and the international community????...

you need to wake up and smell the coffee...the whole world is against the u.s. now...it's not france that alienated itself, it's the u.s....

just think about how after 9/11 every country in the world was ready to help the u.s....and now...everybody is against their imperialistic policy...if france had done wrong, it's france that would be without international support...however it's not like that...

it's the u.s. that went in without u.n. support and against international laws...

and i love it how you can predict what hussein would do...

he would sell wmd to terrorists...

he hasn't done that...he has no wmd...yet you know better...you are in his head, and know what he will do...

on the other hand, u.s. has wmd's...

and what else?...they're using depleted uranium in some of their weapons in iraq...

causing havoc in the city????...

are you out of your mind?...a 10 min traffic delay is havoc?...try 3000 bombs in 48 hours...you can't be serious...

remember wtc?...that was havoc...did you think that was nothing?...trivial?...if you didn't (like i hope), then think about the people living in baghad...it's wtc everyday for them...

supporting the troops?...

i support the troops 100% to come home safe and sound now!...

this is the problem:

the u.s. gov't has always been able to rely on the mass population's support as long as it was able to hide its agenda behind some simple situation...

and this war is no exception...

the mass is just like you...

going for this 5-year old explanation of the situation:

hussein bad...us good...us kill hussein...

do you really think that a situation of this amplitude is that simple?...

the pentagon and the mass media (its extension) is lumping everyting into one just so that they can do everything they want:

9/11 - al-qaeda - taliban - afghanistan - hussein - iraq...

and everybody get ready for the rest of it to come: syria, iran, jordan, saudi arabia...

and then people just like you listen to tony snow trivialize any form of dissent like it's unpatriotic...

i'll tell you what's unpatriotic:

bush and cheney who were AWOL during vietnam, and that are now sending people (my friends) to die...

spending $75Bil on a war that will directly benefit the officials waging it while back home social services are down, job market is down, economy is down...

they don't mind shipping troops and spending $75Bil on the war, yet at the same time, they cut the budget for veterans' benefits...

yea, that sounds like they support the troops...

but you keep believing the fox-fairy-tales...and don't think or research on your own, that could hurt your head...

just watch tv, and eat up...

you have not quoted straight facts, and in any case, you don't back facts with opinion, you back facts with evidence...(you've obviously been watching too much fox)...

that's exactly what i mean when i say you need to research on your own and stop repeating what you hear on fox...

do you realize that the owner of fox is a close personal friend of g.w.bush's?...

do you know who the president of afghanistan is?...do you know how he got there?...do you know what he did before?...do you know who put the taliban in place?...

do you know who the people at fox are?...have you any clue as to their background?...

i didn't talk about news story promoted by Iraq...what the hell are you inventing?...

all these tv channels that have dug up countless generals for their "analysis" and embedded journalists in army units are as far as possible from objectivity...

tell me how a journalist that spends every hour with the same army unit, and who's life immediately depends on these people can be objective?...i'm impatient to hear your explanation...

you need to wake up and smell the coffee...the whole world is against the u.s. now...it's not france that alienated itself, it's the u.s....

just think about how after 9/11 every country in the world was ready to help the u.s....and now...everybody is against their imperialistic policy...if france had done wrong, it's france that would be without international support...however it's not like that...

it's the u.s. that went in without u.n. support and against international laws...

he hasn't done that...he has no wmd...yet you know better...you are in his head, and know what he will do...

and what else?...they're using depleted uranium in some of their weapons in iraq...

are you out of your mind?...a 10 min traffic delay is havoc?...try 3000 bombs in 48 hours...you can't be serious...

remember wtc?...that was havoc...did you think that was nothing?...trivial?...if you didn't (like i hope), then think about the people living in baghad...it's wtc everyday for them...

this is the problem:

the u.s. gov't has always been able to rely on the mass population's support as long as it was able to hide its agenda behind some simple situation...

the pentagon and the mass media (its extension) is lumping everyting into one just so that they can do everything they want:

and everybody get ready for the rest of it to come: syria, iran, jordan, saudi arabia...

and then people just like you listen to tony snow trivialize any form of dissent like it's unpatriotic...

bush and cheney who were AWOL during vietnam, and that are now sending people (my friends) to die...

spending $75Bil on a war that will directly benefit the officials waging it while back home social services are down, job market is down, economy is down...

they don't mind shipping troops and spending $75Bil on the war, yet at the same time, they cut the budget for veterans' benefits...

but you keep believing the fox-fairy-tales...and don't think or research on your own, that could hurt your head...

What was your major in college? P. Science?

Originally posted by spragga25

What was your major in college? P. Science?

computer engineering, mathematics and computer sciences...

and i'm now doing gradute studies torwards masters or phd...

what was yours?

btw, what does that have to do with anything?...

are you trying to check whether i'm educated?...

or you just trying to start some personal attacks?...

this is the problem:

I don't have time all day to debate this I do have a job to do. First of all in a forum like this you are supposed to base an argument off of facts and your opinion. This argument is all about each persons personal beliefs. So get that straight. You probably only watch Peter Arnett since that bastard is in bed with the enemies. For you to tell me that I don't do any research on my own is total Bullshit!!! Go back to my posts. I am very well informed just because my views are different than yours doesn't mean I live in a fairy tale world.

It is a disgrace that people have the nerve to throw fake body bags in the street. Why don't they just go throw them in the driveways of the people who have lost relatives in the war or 9/11. You asshole!!!

At this point I could care less about what the International Community thinks about the US. And your wrong about them all hating us. Spain, Australia, Britian they are all part of this coalition. Even many leaders in the middle east really don't want Saddam around because they know he is a pain in the ass. They however have to be careful about how they approach the subject. So check your facts.

France is owed over 7billion dollars by Iraq. If you don't think that has any part of why they don't want to go to war your mistaken. They also do a good amount of business with Iraq. That in my mind is Blood Money..

Talk about our economy. Consumer confidence in the market is growing. The Dow rose 200 points last night. In wars like this where a victory can be seen at the end of the tunnel will only help the economy. Jobs will also be created after this war is over when the Gov't begins to hand out contracts for rebuilding. France is already crying over that one. Our weapons cache is also being depleted and we will need workers to begin building up are munitions.

Pull your head out of your ass if you don't think Saddam Hussein would love to terrorize the US in some form. What do you think of him paying Palestanian Suicide Bombers Familys 25k if they blow up the Jews? HUH? YOu don't think he is a terrorist?

About embedded journalists you right it is hard for them to be partial. And that was actually a topic discussed last night on the news. However as an educated person it is up to me to decide what I feel is fact and ficition.

Politics is and always has been about agenda. Every President runs the Country with his own agenda in mind. When you vote for a president one must take that into account. I voted for Bush I believe in his Agenda and feel that he is doing what is best for my saftey.

Originally posted by dnice35

just by being French that rules out any possibility of you being educated. it does make you a snob, though.

what a very intelligent remark...

i think you should stop posting on this thread man, because you're making an ass of yourself...

and for your information i'm a u.s. citizen...

I don't have time all day to debate this I do have a job to do. First of all in a forum like this you are supposed to base an argument off of facts and your opinion.

that's not what you said...

you said "First of all I have quoted you straight facts and then backed them up with my opinion."

...and again...

YOU DON'T BACK FACTS UP WITH OPINIONS BUT WITH EVIDENCE!...

You probably only watch Peter Arnett since that bastard is in bed with the enemies.

i don't watch peter arnett...i don't have cable...i watch fox, nbc, abc, and cbs...all in little doses...then i listen radio...then i read newspapers...i take my news from all regions of the spectrum...not one source...

For you to tell me that I don't do any research on my own is total Bullshit!!! Go back to my posts. I am very well informed just because my views are different than yours doesn't mean I live in a fairy tale world.

you said "You are right that we will have to get Oil from Un friendly Zones but Iraq doesn't have enough oil for us to want to take it."

well you are NOT WELL INFORMED at all...

iraq is the world 2nd largest proven oil reserve in the world (after saudi arabia), and on top of that, iraq's oil production cost is amongst the lowest in the world making their oil very attractive to the u.s.govt...

so don't tell me you are well informed!...please...

It is a disgrace that people have the nerve to throw fake body bags in the street. Why don't they just go throw them in the driveways of the people who have lost relatives in the war or 9/11. You asshole!!!

exactly what i'm talking about...over-simplification to justify actions...

i was right here when the attacks happened...i felt the shockwave of the first tower collapse against my body...

it has affected my life and the life of ones close to me...more than you can imagine...

that doesn't justify going to war against iraq...stop lumping everything together...

and stop cursing...

At this point I could care less about what the International Community thinks about the US. And your wrong about them all hating us. Spain, Australia, Britian they are all part of this coalition. Even many leaders in the middle east really don't want Saddam around because they know he is a pain in the ass. They however have to be careful about how they approach the subject. So check your facts.

YOU CHECK YOUR FACTS ONCE MORE...

spain: more than 90% of the population is against the war...

that's why after the prime minister's offer to the u.s., he had to retract most of it...and that's why spain is only contributing humanitarian aid...

australia: 53% of the country supported the war...that's hardly the whole country, but only half of it...

britain: same as australia...only 53% supported war...81% wanted u.n support to go to war...

France is owed over 7billion dollars by Iraq. If you don't think that has any part of why they don't want to go to war your mistaken. They also do a good amount of business with Iraq. That in my mind is Blood Money..

blood money?...

the people in the u.s. gov't now, are the ones that sold the weapons to hussein in the past...and they have supported him (iran/iraq)...

Talk about our economy. Consumer confidence in the market is growing. The Dow rose 200 points last night. In wars like this where a victory can be seen at the end of the tunnel will only help the economy. Jobs will also be created after this war is over when the Gov't begins to hand out contracts for rebuilding. France is already crying over that one. Our weapons cache is also being depleted and we will need workers to begin building up are munitions.

are you kidding...

g.w. bush got handed the best u.s. economy in the last 50 years, and in less than 24 months he made it the worst...

lost about 2.5 million jobs...

so bad, that for the first time in u.s. history, the labor unions are against the u.s. president's war...they were marching in d.c. this week...

Pull your head out of your ass if you don't think Saddam Hussein would love to terrorize the US in some form. What do you think of him paying Palestanian Suicide Bombers Familys 25k if they blow up the Jews? HUH? YOu don't think he is a terrorist?

of course saddam needs to be taken away, and tried for war crimes, crimes against humanity and put in a cell with the key thrown away...

i'm not arguing that...

but you don't see the difference...

because it's all black or white...

About embedded journalists you right it is hard for them to be partial. And that was actually a topic discussed last night on the news. However as an educated person it is up to me to decide what I feel is fact and ficition.

hard?...try impossible...

embedded journalist is 3rd reich tactic...that should tell you something...

and as far as peter arnett...

talk about double standard..."he can't tell his personal opinion"...that's what all the pro-war journalists do...

Politics is and always has been about agenda. Every President runs the Country with his own agenda in mind. When you vote for a president one must take that into account. I voted for Bush I believe in his Agenda and feel that he is doing what is best for my saftey.

and again...

you need to go check your facts...

when bush came into office what did he declare as his primary concern?...

terrorism/security crisis?...NO

ENERGY CRISIS!...

still, the blood of cowardness runs thru your veins.

coward because i'm against the war?...what the hell are you talking about?!?!...seriously...

well, perfect example of what i'm talking about:

OVERSIMPLIFICATION

"if you're not pro-war, you're anti-american and cowrad 'bro!"...

please...

1. "coward": i don't see you fight...go and join "bro"...

2. "blood": talk about racist..."yea...your blood is impure..." (see hitler, ku klux klan, etc...)

3. that gif picture under your name is great man...it shows anybody who doesn't know you right away how stupid you are...

kill all palestinians right?..."yea let's exterminate that race"...

all your insult-ridden, factless posts and that picture are perfect testament to your intelligence...

so keep it up...

I

YOU DON'T BACK FACTS UP WITH OPINIONS BUT WITH EVIDENCE!... I have totally given you my opinions on this thread. I have told you how I feel about things in every thread.

[l you are NOT WELL INFORMED at all...

iraq is the world 2nd largest proven oil reserve in the world (after saudi arabia), and on top of that, iraq's oil production cost is amongst the lowest in the world making their oil very attractive to the u.s.govt...

so don't tell me you are well informed!...please...

My question to you then is do you support more drilling in the US? I do, this would alleviate our need some of our need for outside oil sources.

[exactly what i'm talking about...over-simplification to justify actions...

i was right here when the attacks happened...i felt the shockwave of the first tower collapse against my body...

it has affected my life and the life of ones close to me...more than you can imagine...

that doesn't justify going to war against iraq...stop lumping everything together...

and stop cursing...

You are still weaseling your way around the topic. Everyone has been affected and I am not asking how it affected you. Even though I don't know you I am sure 9/11 effected you deeply. I do not question that. I hope you, myself, and the rest of the Country never have to experience that again. I am making a point about the tactics used by anti-war protestors. I feel that it is a disgrace to the dead.

YOU CHECK YOUR FACTS ONCE MORE...

spain: more than 90% of the population is against the war...

that's why after the prime minister's offer to the u.s., he had to retract most of it...and that's why spain is only contributing humanitarian aid...

australia: 53% of the country supported the war...that's hardly the whole country, but only half of it...

britain: same as australia...only 53% supported war...81% wanted u.n support to go to war...

You just supported what I said. You don't need an entire country to support something. I mean c'mon that is impossbile. That only happens in elections in Iraq when Saddam is running unapposed. You will never have an entire country agree.

blood money?...

the people in the u.s. gov't now, are the ones that sold the weapons to hussein in the past...and they have supported him (iran/iraq)...

We did support him at the time. However the weapons he is using right now for the majority are not us made. They are mostly chinese and Russian.

g.w. bush got handed the best u.s. economy in the last 50 years, and in less than 24 months he made it the worst...

lost about 2.5 million jobs...

so bad, that for the first time in u.s. history, the labor unions are against the u.s. president's war...they were marching in d.c. this week...

Bush did not get the best Economy handed to him. It was already begining to fail during the last years of the Clinton Administration. You sound like an intelligent person. So no need to explain that companies were being funded with millions and millions of dollars and not making any profits. Also 9/11 didn't help out our economy any. Clinton had the chance to get Bin Laden and didn't react fast enough. So when he lobbed over the missle Bin laden was already gone.

of course saddam needs to be taken away, and tried for war crimes, crimes against humanity and put in a cell with the key thrown away...

i'm not arguing that...

but you don't see the difference...

because it's all black or white...

You don't think your arguments are black or white. C'mon you are just as stubborn as I am.

hard?...try impossible...

embedded journalist is 3rd reich tactic...that should tell you something...

and as far as peter arnett...

talk about double standard..."he can't tell his personal opinion"...that's what all the pro-war journalists do...

You can't compare embedded journalists now to the 3rd reich that is a little extreme. And no Peter Arnett can't tell his personal opnions to the enemys state run news source. He is a journalist and is supposed to be fair and balanced. Journalists aren't really supposed to express their own views. Dan Rather actually caught a little flack for that a couple of years back.

and again...

you need to go check your facts...

when bush came into office what did he declare as his primary concern?...

terrorism/security crisis?...NO

ENERGY CRISIS!...

When Bush ran for office there were also 2 twin towers still standing at the South End of Manhattan. He had to change his focus. But when I voted for him I voted on his overall agendas. I knew he would be for wars if needed. Not that this thread needs anymore political drama. But I didn't want another Mogadishu on our hands. I personally feel that our country needs a president who is willing to send in the troops.

3. that gif picture under your name is great man...it shows anybody who doesn't know you right away how stupid you are...

kill all palestinians right?..."yea let's exterminate that race"...

you are right, we should take out the french while were at it.....

just by being French that rules out any possibility of you being educated. it does make you a snob, though.

lollol...this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard....if American isn't known for on thing...it's their education system...the whole world is making fun of you guys in that respect.

Just to let you know...France has one of the highest and hardest educational systems and standards... but hey, it's ok...just take the globe...and let's all try together to find the US on it...right?

Here, by the way...you genius you...

"But the vast majority of American students are still educated at too low a level. Only a third of twelfth graders mastered rigorous reading passages in a 1994 test by the respected National Assessment of Educational Progress. Only 11 percent showed a strong grasp of history. And the general standards of U.S. schools pale in comparison with those of other industrialized nations. Says Albert Shanker, president of the American Federation of Teachers: "Very few American pupils are performing anywhere near where they could be performing."

In France, Germany, Israel and Japan, about half of all students take advanced examinations; a third pass. Only 6.6 percent of U.S. kids take Advanced Placement exams; 4.4 percent pass Copyright 1996 U.S. News & World Report

U.S. News & World Report

all your insult-ridden, factless posts and that picture are perfect testament to your intelligence...

so keep it up...

insults? what are you talking about you French fag? I have yet to resort to insults..... homo!

coward because i'm against the war?...what the hell are you talking about?!?!...seriously...

and I am not calling you a coward b/c you are against the war, I am calling you a coward b/c you are French.

I can't believe people still claim this war is for oil. Don't they realize how misinformed this makes them sound? (I know, I'm a victim of our media, of course)

The bottom line is that you're dealing with people who want everyone who is different from them DEAD. MORTE. Unless they are stopped at some point they will continue their holy war until their mission is over. Which includes ALL countries, including France. (and guess who they'll come to first for help? and guess what we'll say? Yes!)

Personally, I don't want to be DEAD. I would be much happier remaining alive. So we nipped this thing in the bud before it gets out of control. This won't be the end, though. I'm sure everyone will agree with that. But let's all not be victims of American media and never do anything. We'll see how far that will get us.

let me guess you are french too..... :rolleyes:

See...that's what you would think, right hunny...cause that's the only reason you would argue for something...

...well, there are actually people that will present you with an argument JUST because your reasoning and comment was stupid.

i'll add to that one...

dnice35...

i'm not educated because i'm french?...

the average u.s. highschool graduate cannot locate the u.s. on a world map...

so please man...

go pick up a geography book...

there you go degrading americans, you fucking euro trash make me sick, you swear your shit dont stink......

please go back to your croissants and hairy women.....