Clubplanet Nightlife Community

France

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by frenchbread

what are you talking about????...

you need to go back and read before posting man...

i read ur garbage very well...but u make it sound like NO war has civilian casualities...its tragic when it happens, but its bound to happen...and there is no need to say, "Well none of this would have happened if..." b/c its already happened..this war whether wrong or right, is going on...now we have to deal with what is going on...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i read ur garbage very well...but u make it sound like NO war has civilian casualities...its tragic when it happens, but its bound to happen...and there is no need to say, "Well none of this would have happened if..." b/c its already happened..this war whether wrong or right, is going on...now we have to deal with what is going on...

dude go easy on him, he's french.

i mean exactly what i wrote, that inocent civilians are being killed as a result of this war. that does not imply that they are being targeted...

By no means do I want to see innocent civilians killed. But the amount of innocent people that Saddam Brutually tortures and kills is nowhere near the amount of innocent people that are going to die in this war. For you to say they are being killed in OUR NAME is horrible. They are being LIBERATED IN OUR NAME if it was up to France they would go the rest of there lives living in fear. At least the US and Britian have the balls to step up and take care of this problem. After this war is over these people will be able to go about life in a way they could never have imagined before. As I said earlier when we stopped Germany from taking over France in WW2 innocent people were killed. However the outcome of not having Hitler as there leader outweighed the civilian casualties. Everyone who is against this war is taking there freedom for granted and should realize that EVERYONE in the world deserves the same freedom and the fact that the US and Britian have troops who are willing to die for another Country's freedom shows how amazing our Countries really are, and for France to already be talking about how they want a part in rebuilding Iraq makes me sick!

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i never said that "no war has civilian casualties"...

i said that there are children at peril in this illegal war...and that if jaysea is so concerned about the safety of children here w.r.t. the protests, he should start worrying about the safety of iraqi children w.r.t. the war being waged in our name...

Originally posted by jesseh49

By no means do I want to see innocent civilians killed. But the amount of innocent people that Saddam Brutually tortures and kills is nowhere near the amount of innocent people that are going to die in this war. For you to say they are being killed in OUR NAME is horrible. They are being LIBERATED IN OUR NAME if it was up to France they would go the rest of there lives living in fear. At least the US and Britian have the balls to step up and take care of this problem. After this war is over these people will be able to go about life in a way they could never have imagined before. As I said earlier when we stopped Germany from taking over France in WW2 innocent people were killed. However the outcome of not having Hitler as there leader outweighed the civilian casualties. Everyone who is against this war is taking there freedom for granted and should realize that EVERYONE in the world deserves the same freedom and the fact that the US and Britian have troops who are willing to die for another Country's freedom shows how amazing our Countries really are, and for France to already be talking about how they want a part in rebuilding Iraq makes me sick!

man you really think this war is waged to liberate the iraqi people...

you must be smoking crack...

i'll spell it out for you

o...i...l...

o...i...l...

If we wanted the oil we would have taken it years ago. Second they are #7 on our list of oil importers. We get more oil from Venezuala then we do from them. So why aren't we attacking Venezuala if we are so oil hungry? Learn the facts.

If we wanted the oil we would have taken it years ago. Second they are #7 on our list of oil importers. We get more oil from Venezuala then we do from them. So why aren't we attacking Venezuala if we are so oil hungry? Learn the facts.

"we would have taken it years ago"...

really how?...who the hell are you to take it?...

that's called stealing...

well that's what they're doing now...

you need to learn the facts....

u.s. oil ressources are in steep decline...

cheney's commitee has predicted that by 2020, the u.s. will be dependent on foreign oil by 65%...

and that this oil would have to come for un-friendly zones (such as middle east, and africa...)...

the reason they are not attacking venezula is because venezula is selling to the states (1st largest oil import for the u.s.)...

iraq on the other hand has decided to denominate its oil in euros now...and that didn't go to well with the u.s. gov't...(worse even venezulan president announced he would think about doing that too...u.s. officials flipped...)...

u.s. is going into the middle east to install friendly gov'ts so that it can easily get oil out of there...

look at afghanistan...

you learn the facts...

o...i...l...

true oil has a small say in this war, but there are other factors which come into play here, lets face it this war had been brewing for a while now.

even i think this comment is senseless....

we would have taken it years ago? how is that? please explain yourself.

"we would have taken it years ago"...

really how?...who the hell are you to take it?...

that's called stealing...

well that's what they're doing now...

you need to learn the facts....

u.s. oil ressources are in steep decline...

cheney's commitee has predicted that by 2020, the u.s. will be dependent on foreign oil by 65%...

and that this oil would have to come for un-friendly zones (such as middle east, and africa...)...

the reason they are not attacking venezula is because venezula is selling to the states (1st largest oil import for the u.s.)...

iraq on the other hand has decided to denominate its oil in euros now...and that didn't go to well with the u.s. gov't...(worse even venezulan president announced he would think about doing that too...u.s. officials flipped...)...

u.s. is going into the middle east to install friendly gov'ts so that it can easily get oil out of there...

look at afghanistan...

you learn the facts...

We didn't go into Afghanistan for Oil. We went there to get rid of the Taliban. We would never have gone there if we weren't attacked so let's not bring that into play. We were attacked on US soil and had to defend our Country.

What I meant by we would have taken it years ago I meant during the first Gulf War. And your right who are we to take it. Were not going to take there oil. Yes having a stronghold in the Middle East benefits us with oil prices but for you to not look at how much better the Iraqis lives are going to be is incredible. Who are you to say that they should live under a cruel dictator like Saddam who does not care about his Country but only himself.

You are right that we will have to get Oil from Un friendly Zones but Iraq doesn't have enough oil for us to want to take it. If we really wanted oil we would attack Africa they export more oil to US than Iraq. The majority of our oil comes from US friendly countries.. Mexico, Canada, Saudi Arabia(Yea they don't really like us all that much but for political reasons we do everything possible to try and get along) and Venezuala(I know even they're a bit iffy on the friendly scale).

Right now the Venezualan Gov't isn't liked by there own people so there not going to try and pick a fight with us right now since they are dealing with there own internal problems.

For the last time oil prices don't work that way all the oil produced goes into a world pool and the price is set as a function of supply and demand.... so the only way the US could get better oil prices than anyone else is if they smuggled it.

Originally posted by sassa

why do you think they didn't? saddam was bruised, he could have been taken out, and iraq could have become the 52nd state of the US....:confused:

the Un resolution didnt call for our troops to invade Iraq, we completed our goal which was to drive the Iraqi forces out of Kuwait.

We didn't go into Afghanistan for Oil. We went there to get rid of the Taliban. We would never have gone there if we weren't attacked so let's not bring that into play. We were attacked on US soil and had to defend our Country.

What I meant by we would have taken it years ago I meant during the first Gulf War. And your right who are we to take it. Were not going to take there oil. Yes having a stronghold in the Middle East benefits us with oil prices but for you to not look at how much better the Iraqis lives are going to be is incredible. Who are you to say that they should live under a cruel dictator like Saddam who does not care about his Country but only himself.

You are right that we will have to get Oil from Un friendly Zones but Iraq doesn't have enough oil for us to want to take it. If we really wanted oil we would attack Africa they export more oil to US than Iraq. The majority of our oil comes from US friendly countries.. Mexico, Canada, Saudi Arabia(Yea they don't really like us all that much but for political reasons we do everything possible to try and get along) and Venezuala(I know even they're a bit iffy on the friendly scale).

Right now the Venezualan Gov't isn't liked by there own people so there not going to try and pick a fight with us right now since they are dealing with there own internal problems.

we did not go into afghanistan to take out the taliban. we went there to get bin laden's ass and the rest of his camaradie aka al-qaeda...funny how the taliban was in power for almost a decade before the US suddenly decided to be the fair and sympathetic freedom bringers that they are and "liberated" afghanistan. oh please....

the US administration and the Taliban had talks a year prior to 9/11 to discuss building an oil pipeline running from southern Afghanistan to Central Asia aka the former Soviet republics like Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan,etc. The Taliban refused to negotiate. Surprise, surprise...9/11 was allowed to happen. This gave the US the initiative to go into their country, which was nothing to begin with, and bomb it even more...to test their new weapons and position themselves in an area of importance to them. When the oil runs out in the Middle East, you can be sure that the US won't give two rat's asses about the area,or its poor civilians, or anything to do with it.

China has an oil reserve in its north western region that is three times the amount of all the oil in the Middle East. Hey, why don't we invade China yet, go under the pretense that we don't agree with their one-child policy or their human rights violations? :blank:

Yay to brutal, self-serving capitalism....:blown:

Originally posted by dnice35

the Un resolution didnt call for our troops to invade Iraq, we completed our goal which was to drive the Iraqi forces out of Kuwait.

but they did more than this... would this mean the US violated the UN resolution in 1991?

:confused: