Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone know anything about SAE...(School of Audio Engin

fearlessnyc00

Originally posted by eKiTeL

my friend Terron Darby is an instructor there, he teaches Pro Tools, he used to teach at Full Sail in Orlando... as far as I can tell it's damn fine institution

is it better than full sail...b/c i was considering them too

would u mind maybe give me his name and info so i can speak too him about both schools...?

thanks in advance

-fearlessnyc

I graduated from Full Sail about 6 months ago and I must say it was a great experience. SAE is not as intense of a program nor is it as complete, but that is not to say you cannot get as much out of SAE as one would get out of Full Sail. I know some people who have graduated from SAE and are doing nothing in the industry and I also know people who have graduated from Full Sail and can't get an unpaid internship to save their life.

Bottom line is you will be unable to work for a year if you attend Full Sail because it is about 40 to 60 hrs a week of school at all hours. You will be given an all around eduation in Live Sound Reinforcement, Pro Tools, MIDI, Post Production and Advanced Recording. There are quite a few other classes but they are always changing their curriculum so I'm sure it's changed since I left. You'll know signal flow and how to run an SSL, but basically you had the same knowledge of a Studio if you attend SAE. I just think Full Sail was a great academic experience and I got a lot out of it and had a great time. SAE is a great school, but you will focus more on Pro Tools and recording consoles than anything else. I also hear they have a DJ school now( in my mind that is a joke) P.M me and I will give you more info if you want.

if you haven't been exposed to pro tools, learn it bro. that is single handedly the most useful recording method/program in the music industry today. many studios and producers have shelved their analog tape machines because of pro tools.

cool edit pro is good as well. i think connecticut school of broadcasting really pushes that program.

here are a couple of free download links...

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/ProTools/

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Cool_Edit_2k/

are you into music? did you study theory?

sometimes a class or two really helps....