Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how is amnesia?

su

how is amnesia, i.e. dress, music, crowd, etc. we're thinking about hitting it up for new years. any info would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

su

be good - or else, be good at it...

why is amnesia so bad - music/crowd? thanks for the feedback, we're looking for a place that'll play some hip hop for new years - any ideas?

------------------

su

be good - or else, be good at it...

It's an ill-maintained venue, with an equally ill-maintained crowd smile.gif.

The owners have to use the space a lot for non-musical events to make ends meet...though the extreme fighting that takes place there is cool.

As far as hip hop on NYE, good luck, I can't think of any place worth going to that would play it at all...hip hop on the beach sort of has a bad rap (haha) and it's primarily relegated to the 'ghetto' clubs...though the nicer ones have hip hop nights on their off days...

Try crobar for new years, even though it may not be your style, it'll give you a taste of how it's done down here smile.gif..

Its a good spot for hip hop. Everyone that replied and told you to go to Crobar is into house/techno...which Crobar is the best place for . But I know what you are looking for and Amnesia is the perfect place for it. No other club that size is going to give you hip hop like that. And Ted the Dillinger is a good hip hop dj, he keeps the crowd moving.

------------------

wldchiild@aol.com

Oh yeah i forgot about the boiler room.

They let anyone in now, there's no issue in getting in there...

Level's a good mix so to speak, house for you and me, hip hop for those who are so inclined. Plus, the audio and lighting systems are superb compared to amnesia or any other place in south florida....

I definitely recall that foam action at Amnesia. Started the madness! Warsaw also had some crazy foam parties.

Glad that is over. It's not too much fun walking down Washington full of bubbles and soaking wet...although I am sure guys had a lot of fun with it!

Archived