Clubplanet Nightlife Community

getting modified car inspected in NJ

anybody have any suggestions of where to bring my severely lowered/modified car to pass inspection in nj?

i brought it to a spot 2yrs ago on rt22 but they gave me a hard time due to the car being pretty low & somewhat loud exhaust [5zigen,which isnt that loud to begin with] Eventually they did BUT this time around i'd like to go without the hassle..

Any suggestions of shops/garages locally that would gladly do my car this time ???? please help :D

Originally posted by stealthrt1

find any local sunoco that does inspections flash hundred dollar bill problem solved. gas station people are always corrupt

Yeah thats your best bet. I've got a piece of shit camry that won't pass inspection, the guy passes it for us. So no problem, except that passes emissions.

I donno, find someone and wave money in their face. Gluck.

NJ State inspectors are trying to get cars like that and are offering $500 or more to pass the car.

By law they have to inspect the car, but then fail it. They can't refuse to inspect the car.

If the inspector gets a pass on the modified vehicle, it is a several thousand dollar fine to the inspector.

Just be careful.