Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Space Review

rcrespo

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by koky

& i hate to admit it but saleen, you were right with classics night.. everyone loved it !! keep the ideas coming :D (i cant believe i just agreed with saleen about sumthing) :confused:

:aright:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by koky

i hate to admit it but saleen, you were right with classics night.. everyone loved it !! keep the ideas coming :D (i cant believe i just agreed with saleen about sumthing) :confused:

Dont give him too much credit. Classics night works very well up her in the Jersey/NYC area.

A very special THANK YOU to all of you who came out last Saturday and especially to those who have been coming out and supporting for years now....It was nice to see so many old friends out on the dancefloor having a good time...

The Blue room at Space will always hold a very dear place in my heart...There is a special vibe in that room that is unmatched...I had alot of mixed emotions on Saturday, on one hand I was happy and excited because I was having such a great time...but on the other hand, I felt kind of sad because I knew this was the last time I would play in that room that has meant so much to me and has given me so many special memories..

I took over Saturday nights at Space on July 15th 2000.....Originally Saturday nights at Space was a gay party so it was a tough transition when they hired me....not to mention it was to be a House music format, which at the time was unheard of here because Trance was King...Slowly but surely and with the hardwork of MANY people we were able to turn Saturdays into the incredible HOUSESSIONS party that it is today...

My residency at Space has been a dream come true for me as a DJ, and I am very grateful for the opportunity that I have been given...Those that know me know how much I value and appreciate it and how seriously I take it...

I look forward to a new beginning at 34, and I am confident we are going to have a ball there...but I will always look back fondly on that old warehouse on the corner that started it all:D

THANKS GUYS!!!!

O.G.;)

BTW....

Just wanted to give a special shout to a few of my homies that make this party what it is....

Roland (been there through thick and thin)

Gregg (MY CO-PILOT)

Biz (hardest working man in show "biz")

Diego (dedicated like a mofo)

Louis (I bitch & moan, you kick & scream...but it's cuz we care)

Edgar (you are my bro)

and to all Space staff (past and present) that busts their butt to make it happen....thank you!

DAMN thats a long sappy post!!!:cool:

Originally posted by saleen351

I also forgot,

I didn't catch one sec of rolands set. I wasn't leaving the main room. Og was going off. So at 7am I go outside, to see if roland is still on, and I couldnt see, but the track psychedelic waltons was on, then the music got really really bad.. I look up and guess whos on the decks? Cheeslini.. He was horrible. It was a disaster... at 715am he mixed out of PW and it was ova.. I went back in, and caught the last hour of ogs masterful set..

Pure embarassment for club space.... How can roland not get his once a month gig? Makes no sense...

DO YOU EVER HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT THE PATIO?

WAS THAT GEORGE ACOSTA SPINNING AFTER O.G AROUND 8AM OR WAS I BUGGING? NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE MENTIONED HIM IN THE THREAD. WASN'T FEELING HIS MUSIC, SHOULD OF BEEN EDGAR V....BUT THERES ALWAYS NEXT TIME. BESIDES THAT, SATURDAY WAS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS I HAD AT SPACE. CLASSIC AFTER CLASSIC AND I JUST COULDN'T STAY OFF THE DANCE FLOOR. GREAT CROWD, GREAT VIBE, GREAT MUSIC! NICE TO FINALLY TO MEET BIZ. CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MORE WILD NIGHTS AT SPACE 34. :D

In Saleen's defense, he has had nice things to say about the patio, but when Ivano isn't on it. :)

I tend to agree with him on that one though, time for Ivano to move on so Roland can step up!

I'm happy to hear everyone had such a great time.... Sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate the end of the old building - had to go see family......:)

I have many great memories of Club Space, but I do look forward to making more in the NEW SPACE 34:eek:

Saleen loves trance:laugh:

Lola:D

Originally posted by ecpolo521

WAS THAT GEORGE ACOSTA SPINNING AFTER O.G AROUND 8AM OR WAS I BUGGING? NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE MENTIONED HIM IN THE THREAD. WASN'T FEELING HIS MUSIC, SHOULD OF BEEN EDGAR V....BUT THERES ALWAYS NEXT TIME. BESIDES THAT, SATURDAY WAS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS I HAD AT SPACE. CLASSIC AFTER CLASSIC AND I JUST COULDN'T STAY OFF THE DANCE FLOOR. GREAT CROWD, GREAT VIBE, GREAT MUSIC! NICE TO FINALLY TO MEET BIZ. CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MORE WILD NIGHTS AT SPACE 34. :D

David Padilla played from 8:00am until the blue room closed. ;)

Originally posted by pod

In Saleen's defense, he has had nice things to say about the patio, but when Ivano isn't on it. :)

I tend to agree with him on that one though, time for Ivano to move on so Roland can step up!

:idea: Well, I dont think I have ever read anything 'nice' said without a previous insult or demeaning comment...........I am all for expressing your ideas but if you dont like Ivano or Roger Sanchez, Nerve ("Eurotrash" ???) then say it once but dont make it a mission to sound negative ALL THE TIME ...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djoscarg

A very special THANK YOU to all of you who came out last Saturday and especially to those who have been coming out and supporting for years now....It was nice to see so many old friends out on the dancefloor having a good time...

The Blue room at Space will always hold a very dear place in my heart...There is a special vibe in that room that is unmatched...I had alot of mixed emotions on Saturday, on one hand I was happy and excited because I was having such a great time...but on the other hand, I felt kind of sad because I knew this was the last time I would play in that room that has meant so much to me and has given me so many special memories..

I took over Saturday nights at Space on July 15th 2000.....Originally Saturday nights at Space was a gay party so it was a tough transition when they hired me....not to mention it was to be a House music format, which at the time was unheard of here because Trance was King...Slowly but surely and with the hardwork of MANY people we were able to turn Saturdays into the incredible HOUSESSIONS party that it is today...

My residency at Space has been a dream come true for me as a DJ, and I am very grateful for the opportunity that I have been given...Those that know me know how much I value and appreciate it and how seriously I take it...

I look forward to a new beginning at 34, and I am confident we are going to have a ball there...but I will always look back fondly on that old warehouse on the corner that started it all:D

THANKS GUYS!!!!

O.G.;)

BTW....

Just wanted to give a special shout to a few of my homies that make this party what it is....

Roland (been there through thick and thin)

Gregg (MY CO-PILOT)

Biz (hardest working man in show "biz")

Diego (dedicated like a mofo)

Louis (I bitch & moan, you kick & scream...but it's cuz we care)

Edgar (you are my bro)

and to all Space staff (past and present) that busts their butt to make it happen....thank you!

DAMN thats a long sappy post!!!:cool:

tracklisting?

DAT?

Originally posted by norahmiami

I am all for expressing your ideas but if you dont like Ivano or Roger Sanchez, Nerve ("Eurotrash" ???) then say it once but dont make it a mission to sound negative ALL THE TIME ...

Ivano just makes it to easy on a weekly basis, for u NOT to make fun of him...:D

I got there at 6 and left at 5 the next afternoon! I LOVE it down here! :eek: I had such a great time. I'm upset Lola didn't make it out, I'm sure all of you saw me, I just didn't know who you all were! :(

On that patio dancing my ass off.....my feet still hurt...... :laugh:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

Ivano just makes it to easy on a weekly basis, for u NOT to make fun of him...:D

...........and thats why his parties go on til late in the afternoon as opposed to all the trance shindigs inside (unless of course it is DT or Oscar G doing a late set)...........he must be doing something right, like it or hate it............

Guest saleen351

...........and thats why his parties go on til late in the afternoon as opposed to all the trance shindigs inside (unless of course it is DT or Oscar G doing a late set)...........he must be doing something right, like it or hate it............

please name one late night out door patio event in miami or sobe?

no competiton... the crack heads have to go somewhere....

Good idea!! This is me, you guys!! I had my hair out on Sunday though. Next time if you see me out, come introduce me to the rest of the Miami party animals! LOL I was even interviewed by someone on the patio about the closing of Space.....too funny..... :)

and thats why his parties go on til late in the afternoon as opposed to all the trance shindigs inside (unless of course it is DT or Oscar G doing a late set)...........he must be doing something right, like it or hate it............

U CANNOT BE SERIOUS....come on, ur comment is soooo flawed and u know it...hell u put me out there at 6 am till 1-2 in the afternoon and i will do a much better set of music than the King of Processed Cheese...:rolleyes: