Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HipHop Request!

iriechic305

Club-goers are into the techno scene now more than ever.. but whatever happened to my hiphop lovers!? Are we a dying breed?!? I really hope not 'cause hip hop is the shiznit! I wish there were more PURE- hiphop clubs.. and when i say hiphop, I'm talkin about 2pac, Biggie, some Jay-z, Eminem, 50 cent - alla dat crazy stuff... music that has the club walls bumpin again.. I have NOTHING against techno (I have my share of David Padilla and DJ Icey cd's) but my heart belongs to hiphop! When I'm craving for some tight-ass beats, I head out to the Space hiphop room, the Opium hiphop room, Level hiphop room.. but notice how they're only ROOMS.. i'm just wishin there was a club that plays NOTHING but HIPHOP.. one day i guess........... in the meantime, keep bangin!!!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brwneydtrouble

Try Rain on Tuesdays and Saturday, really good hip hop in the WHOLE club. Pretty good crowd too I might add.....

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by georgeacasta2

50cent-trs.jpg

He’s been shot nine times. Incarcerated. And stabbed up and down. Get Rich is not filled with midtempo, radio-friendly numbers. Instead, Cent brings the heat, he sheds his inner thug persona.

And your point is..........?

:tongue:

Oh Lord. As soon I saw this thread I knew this girl was gonna get it! :laugh:

Let me explain something: "good hip-hop" is not an oxymoron. But a good hip hop club is. Why? Because they incessantly play the same boring shit! :mad:

It'd be different if it were mixed up with some underground flavor or if the DJs didn't have the same exact playlist. I've heard mixes five years ago that I can hear at a club TONIGHT and know what song comes on next!

Not all the songs are bad, we just need a little more variety. I love the beats of some of the newer songs too, but I don't want to hear them every night should I decide to go out and I can't help but to think crowd complacency has something to do with it as well. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by iriechic305

Club-goers are into the techno scene now more than ever.. but whatever happened to my hiphop lovers!? Are we a dying breed?!? I really hope not 'cause hip hop is the shiznit! I wish there were more PURE- hiphop clubs.. and when i say hiphop, I'm talkin about 2pac, Biggie, some Jay-z, Eminem, 50 cent - alla dat crazy stuff... music that has the club walls bumpin again.. I have NOTHING against techno (I have my share of David Padilla and DJ Icey cd's) but my heart belongs to hiphop! When I'm craving for some tight-ass beats, I head out to the Space hiphop room, the Opium hiphop room, Level hiphop room.. but notice how they're only ROOMS.. i'm just wishin there was a club that plays NOTHING but HIPHOP.. one day i guess........... in the meantime, keep bangin!!!!!!

Umm...What bloody planet are you on?

Miami Beach has degraded into a hip-hop haven (say that ten times fast)!

Level is a pure hip-hop joint now

Menage is pure hip-hop

ZNO will be pure hip-hop

Opium has quite a few hip-hop only nights

Same deal for Mynt, Rumi, and Nikki Beach

Spi Club is pure hip-hop on Fridays

Nerve is pure hip-hop on Mondays

Honey is pure hip-hop all the time

Union Lounge is hip-hop all the time

Club Deep is hip-hop all the time

Rain is hip-hop every day except Friday

Most clubs in Coconut Grove are pure hip-hop

Most clubs in Miami are pure hip-hop except for Space.

If anything I should rewrite your speech...let me give it a shot.

Club-goers are into the hip-hop scene now more than ever.. but whatever happened to my techno lovers!? Are we a dying breed?!? I really hope not 'cause techno is the shiznit! I wish there were more PURE- techno clubs.. and when i say techno, I'm talkin about Stryke, Jimmy T, some Roland, Oscar G, Ariel Baund - alla dat crazy stuff... music that has the club walls bumpin again.. I have NOTHING against hip-hop (I have my share of Tom Laroc and DJ Camillo cd's) but my heart belongs to techno! When I'm craving for some tight-ass beats, I head out to the Space main room room, the Maze main room, Level mezzanine.. but notice how they're only ROOMS.. i'm just wishin there was a club that plays NOTHING but techno.. one day i guess........... in the meantime, keep bangin!!!!!!

I feel so Orwellian. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Being new to Florida, I have never seen so many cats with gold teeth in my life. YUCK. :eek:

LMAO @ Pod.....I agree! My girl, who is white, is a hip-hop head. And all the boring-ass clubs we go to are the ones you just listed. If I hear "BRRRRRRRR! What happened to dat boi?" one more time...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

But ZNO will be having a house night. :)

ok.. everyone caaaaaaaalm down.. didn't to mean to bring up such a controversial topic.. thanx for the suggestions.. techno is AIGHT.. hiphop is still the shiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

Yeah if you're into shooting people and beating up women.

The bling-bling lifestyle has ruined South Beach. We were fine without it.

Aw c'mon Pod, it's not EVERYONE, but all it takes is three unruly assholes to ruin the reputation of an entire community; one that can usually separate talking shit on wax from actually aspiring to be like that. Common sense usually helps, though lack of it is not exclusive to a genre of music.

This is going to be an interesting summer.......

maaan don't even get me started on THAT post.. hiphop doesn't equal beatin up women.. ive gotten jumped on the beach by a buncha "non-blingblingin-ass" guys.. BUT believe what you will, you're goin to anyway.. ALL i was tryin to ask/say/post about was hiphop... the MUUUUUUSIC :blank:

I hear ya. Just be glad Saleen didn't see or chose to ignore this thread! :laugh:

But I AM curious about the history of the clubs in SoBe....Pod isn't the first to say that they've changed.....when and how? It's almost like reverse gentrification. Anyone?