Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami in general

blaze65

OK, being from NY I understand Miami has great weather this time of year, but I have a question: Since a good friend of mine was obsessed with moving there, is working at Level, and transferred to Univ of Miami, and apparently met some rich real estate guy in Vegas that lives there, how long do you think somebody like this will stay in Miami? I am sure all you Miami natives have seen these Northerners go down there and move back within a year or so. I would like your input before I even make my vaca plans to go visit, as it seems like this girl just wants to party for a while and enjoy the good life!

Guest genevieve

Once a girl like that gets a taste of the money and glamor, they're on it like flies on shit!!! Right Dan!!!! (Hurry home already, we miss you!!!!)

Depends...I was one of those Northerners a few years ago...went to UM (gasp! Yes people I'm a student), and almost four years later here I am. I stabilized it so it'd be a real pain to cut and run after graduation.

The clearest indicator of whether she really intends on staying is how deep she gets into the culture so to speak...it's really hard to gauge something like this. I've seen people go down there like she did, get their degree and run back to Buttfuck, Michigan, and settle down into the suburban ideal...and I've seen others come for a 'vacation' and just never leave... smile.gif

BTW, what's her major at UM?

I didn't think she was a gold digger, but then again I am only a friend. I guess women are women and they will always try and find the "easy" money!

Like I said, I know the weather is much better than here, I was just curious as to what the lure was. I mean if it is just to party, I know from my younger days, that gets old real fast!

Come to think of it, isn't UM a private school? How is this girl, supposed to pay rent, afford the tuition, and enjoy the good life just working at Level? Up here she only bartended at a go-go bar & made mucho dollars. But she sucks as a bartender so I cannot imagine her staying at Level long. Yeah she must be "living" off someone! If you see a new female worker from the NY area give her regards! This real estate guy must have some pull down there!

You can wakeboard in NY in January. The water usually doesn't freeze over smile.gif.

UM Inc. is a private subsidiary of Microsoft, Nike, Univision, and the Coca Cola Corporation.

I just may stop in at Level when I get back to say hello smile.gif.

Archived