Clubplanet Nightlife Community

History vs. Public policy and the dumbing down of....

siceone

Originally posted by sassa

and how do you expect them to do that? how would you expect someone, especially a person that has not had a decent education themself, to provide one that is more stellar and beneficial for their children? please explain...

if the gov't is taking our money and supposedly using it for services that benefit all of us, then why the hell aren't they investing more in education? oh wait..i forget, my tax money is funding this bullshit war, amongst other things...

how do you think this should go...since you obviously feel that the gov't has done its part...

Im sorry I don't think the gov't has done it's part and it's done it's called private schooling it's called paying teachers more and it's called paying less taxes to the Gov't

Originally posted by siceone

Im sorry I don't think the gov't has done it's part and it's done it's called private schooling it's called paying teachers more and it's called paying less taxes to the Gov't

do you think the gov't would go for this? do you think this is an actual option? what about families who are too poor to bring anything into this kind of plan? how about public schools? where will they get funding from? should they have lesser standards than private schools because they don't have as much money to spend?

do you think the gov't would go for this? do you think this is an actual option? what about families who are too poor to bring anything into this kind of plan? how about public schools? where will they get funding from? should they have lesser standards than private schools because they don't have as much money to spend?

it's been done how bout some solutions instead of excuses.... you pinko

where? you ask for solutions, but offer none of your own.

I'll give some.

I've been in private school all my life, becuase I was fortunate enough to have parents who could afford it.

I've gone to those schools with kids whose parents could NEVER afford to send their kids, yet the kids went anyway.

It's called loans, it's called scholarships. It's called academic proficiency is rewarded. These kids came from all around the globe, literally. Some very rich, some very poor but ALL were at my school.

Carl is right. People are responsible for their own lives and their own destinies. The government is just a tool that we can use to further that. It's not an apparatus that hands us a set, nonchangeable life that we're forced to live with until we die.

If parents want their kids to be smarter, more well-informed individuals then they have to take it upon themselves to provide the tools to enhance their child's environment. It's not only private schools but also just better access to the world itself. reading the newspaper every morning, understanding the political blab, understanding how the stock market works, figuring out crossword puzzles, grabbing a book and reading poetry, painting a picture, playing with math problems...

these are all things that don't require a classroom, you can do them anywhere. If parents truly want their kids to grow up and become intelligent, informed and capable adults then it's THEIR responsibility to provide that, NOT the government.

You'll find dumb kids who can't cut it EVERYWHERE you go, not just in govt. funded public schools. You'll also find smart kids everywhere you go, not just in private schools.

I wouldn't say the govt. is responsible for total education as some would suggest here.

Does it provide the minimum base for education? I would say yes. It provides the absolute minimum. It also makes provisions for more education, ONLY IF THE STUDENT WANTS IT.

If the student wants advanced placement classes, they're there. If they want to be part of a gifted program, it's there for them.

If they want to go to a private school and push themselves, there are ways to attend it, scholarships and grants and loans to be had.

It's all dependant on what the child's parents want and what the child wants. Now in that respect, how has the government let any of us down or doomed us to failure?