Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roy williams returns to his roots -

looky here. not much of a surprise, but williams officially accpets the UNC job.

Williams cant say no to UNC and Smith (espn)

at first thought, i didnt think that he would accept the job (for the second time). but it makes more sense for him now. If he had taken the job before, he would still be in the shadows of Smith's reign and hence way too much pressure. But now that the heels have their "less than glory" years with Doherty, Williams can and will bring the program back up.

maybe i didn't give it enough time to load. i wasn't accusing neither of you btw, prob just my own error

let me see if i remember what i said:

even though roy williams is a former tarheel, and now the headcoach, in my mind he will always be remembered as a jayhawk. the only way to dispell that would be by winning a championship at unc. unc, really has lost out on top recruits since coach smith left, lets see if they don't start getting some big names, now that roy williams is running things. and btw, things aren't looking good for the wings. 3-0 to the mightyducks. that damn emilio estevez is a great coach. :tongue:

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

maybe i didn't give it enough time to load. i wasn't accusing neither of you btw, prob just my own error

let me see if i remember what i said:

even though roy williams is a former tarheel, and now the headcoach, in my mind he will always be remembered as a jayhawk. the only way to dispell that would be by winning a championship at unc. unc, really has lost out on top recruits since coach smith left, lets see if they don't start getting some big names, now that roy williams is running things. and btw, things aren't looking good for the wings. 3-0 to the mightyducks. that damn emilio estevez is a great coach. :tongue:

That's cool.... we aren't those type of mods... We'd never erase someones opinion...

I agree; UNC has lost it's "power" so to speak to get top recruits... But I guarantee that will change now that Williams is there. I feel for his players that were hyped to play for him... I went thru that my sophomore year in college when my volleyball coach left to go coach at Wayne State... I was so happy for him, I cried.. I told him I'd miss him, but that I he deserved to move forward to a bigger school. He told me I was the first person that was happy for him; the other girls told him he was a traitor... WTF.... dumb bitches.

LETS GO REDWINGS!!!

:laugh: Emilo Estevez... LMAO great movie!