Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cars to debut at NY auto show

ACURA

The concept shows the styling direction for the 2004 TL, which debuts this fall.

BUICK

Buick hopes a plush interior and General Motors' new premium V-6 will woo import buyers to the 2004 Rendezvous Ultra.

CADILLAC

Mercedes-Benz has "AMG" and BMW has "M," designations given to performance cars. Cadillac will unveil the 2004 CTS V series, the first in a series of performance models the automaker will offer.

CHEVROLET

The 2004 Malibu sedan, which bowed this year at the Detroit auto show, will be followed by the Malibu Maxx, which debuts in New York and goes on sale in the fourth quarter.

The Maxx's wheelbase is 6 inches longer than the standard Malibu's. Features include a rear seat that slides back and forth 6 inches to provide additional leg or cargo room. The rear seat back is split and folds down.

CHRYSLER

Is there life beyond cab-forward design? The answer comes Wednesday, April 16, when the Chrysler brand unveils a rwd concept that represents the new look for its full-sized sedans.

The vehicle is expected to be a sporty, near-luxury sedan that industry observers say will replace the 300M. The concept is taller than the current 300M, and dealers say the large grille resembles that of a Bentley.

Chrysler's redesigned rwd sedans go on sale early next year as 2005 models, replacing the current front-wheel-drive Concorde and 300M.

FORD

While Ford will unveil two special-edition 2004 Mustangs, most of the attention will be on Ford Motor COO Nick Scheele. He is expected to give details about Ford Division's plans for new products. Ford will celebrate the Mustang's 40th anniversary. A limited-edition crimson 40th anniversary 2004 Mustang will debut. The package includes stripes, along with special badging and wheels.

A limited-edition 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra Mystichrome also will debut. The car's color-shifting paint changes from green to blue to purple to black as the angle of view changes.

ISUZU

Isuzu will make three announcements. The first is expected to be the unveiling of the Rodeo replacement, which will debut as a 2004 model. The company also will introduce engine technology that will be available for the 2004 model year and discuss an SUV that will bow for the 2006 model year.

LEXUS

The HPX concept is a luxurious four-door all-wheel-drive sport wagon with performance attributes. Think of it as a cross between the Infiniti FX45 and the Porsche Cayenne.

LINCOLN

The spotlight will be on Chris Theodore, Ford Motor Co.'s vice president of advanced product creation. He is expected to provide a vision for new products.

Until new vehicles arrive, Lincoln wants to create buzz with performance enhancements on one or two models. A high-performance Navigator concept will be unveiled, equipped with a supercharged 385-hp, 5.4-liter V-8. This is the same engine in Ford's SVT F-150 Lightning pickup, but the Lincoln version gains 5 hp.

MERCURY

Mercury's formula for this decade is simple: Select several Ford Motor Co. vehicles, restyle the exterior and add near-luxury interior touches. Mercury will take the wraps off its sport wagon based on the Ford Escape. It will debut next year as a 2005 model.

MITSUBISHI

Mitsubishi's spotlight will be on the redesigned 2004 Galant sedan, which is the second vehicle developed off Mitsubishi Motors' mid-sized Project America platform. The new Galant will be larger than the current model. Sales begin in late fall. Mitsubishi also will introduce the restyled 2004 Diamante, which goes on sale in early winter.

NISSAN

Nissan will unveil three vehicles: the 2004 350Z convertible, 2004 Titan Crew Cab pickup and the full-sized 2004 Armada SUV. The Armada will have a 300-hp-plus, 5.6-liter V-8 with 375 pounds-feet of torque. It goes on sale this fall, followed by the pickup.

SATURN

The automaker will take the wraps off a Vue that is the first model in Saturn's performance series, known as Red Line.

New for the 2004 model year will be Honda's 250-hp, 3.5-liter V-6. The engine will replace GM's 181-hp, 3.0-liter V-6 in Vue models.

SUBARU

Subaru pumps up the Baja with a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. Sales begin this fall.

TOYOTA

Two world debuts are slated: the redesigned 2004 Prius and the 2004 Camry Solara coupe. Toyota says the Prius is larger and more fuel efficient than its predecessor.

Toyota calls the 2004 Camry Solara coupe the most American Toyota to date. The car was developed by the Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, Mich., and styled by Calty Design Studio in New Beach, Calif. It will be built exclusively at Toyota's plant in Georgetown, Ky.

the auto show used to be a A LOT better. i havent seen a ferrari, lambo, or other exotics there in a loooong time. ford had the aston db7 there last year, and maybe there was a diablo, but thats about it. it would be nice to see an enzo, the lambo gallardo or even the porsche gt there, but i highly doubt it.

:(

ACURA

*yawn* A modified accord.

BUICK

*double yawn* It's Buick. Welcome to the land of Boredom.

CADILLAC

This sedan i can't wait to see, actually. Corvette motor, BMW-style deepdish rims, front lip spoiler. Wider stance. Welcome back to the performance arena, Cadillac. Just don't make it FWD.

CHEVROLET

Needs desperately to go out of business and save us the pain of watching them roll out increasingly bland and generic vehicles each year. Oh and stop trying to copy Toyota. You can't hang.

CHRYSLER

I'm glad someone got the message that FWD is for rental cars. I'd like to see what they're going to do with these sedans. If nothing else, you can still drift em.

FORD

Eh. i would have thought the 40th anniversary of the Mustang would prompt more than cheap badges and extra body trim.

And of course, that godawful ricejob color-shifting paint.

Why not just throw in some suicide doors and an aluminum wing?

ISUZU

This company is still making cars?

LEXUS

Mostly bland overall, but if it's got capability i'd be interested to see it. Lexus' stuff tends to be hit or miss.

LINCOLN

A "high performance" truck. Just what the world needs.

An uncontrollable land barge with even more ability to get into accidents.

MERCURY

"Mercury's formula for this decade is simple: Select several Ford Motor Co. vehicles, restyle the exterior and add near-luxury interior touches."

How is that any different from the last few decades?

MITSUBISHI

No mention of the Lancer Evo? :rolleyes:

Is this a car show or a show-and-tell for geriatrics?

NISSAN

Go Nissan. I could care less about the trucks but the convertible Z sounds like a nice touch.

Glad to see they're putting out a well rounded lineup.

SATURN

...and to think i spent four years modifying my 96 SC2, only to be laughed at and scorned by some Saturn retailers for suggesting and promoting that Saturns could be capable of more performance. Glad to see those assholes are trying to pull their feet out of their mouths.

SUBARU

No mention of the WRX STi?

See "Mitsubishi"

TOYOTA

Fuck you Toyota. You have become the ULTIMATE car company for the geriatric, automotively inept buyer. With no performance even on the horizon, nor any hints to wet our appetites, you have completely turned your back on your loyal and dedicated enthusiasts.

I hope you go out of fucking business.

Originally posted by cintron

ACURA

*yawn* A modified accord.

BUICK

*double yawn* It's Buick. Welcome to the land of Boredom.

CADILLAC

This sedan i can't wait to see, actually. Corvette motor, BMW-style deepdish rims, front lip spoiler. Wider stance. Welcome back to the performance arena, Cadillac. Just don't make it FWD.

CHEVROLET

Needs desperately to go out of business and save us the pain of watching them roll out increasingly bland and generic vehicles each year. Oh and stop trying to copy Toyota. You can't hang.

CHRYSLER

I'm glad someone got the message that FWD is for rental cars. I'd like to see what they're going to do with these sedans. If nothing else, you can still drift em.

FORD

Eh. i would have thought the 40th anniversary of the Mustang would prompt more than cheap badges and extra body trim.

And of course, that godawful ricejob color-shifting paint.

Why not just throw in some suicide doors and an aluminum wing?

ISUZU

This company is still making cars?

LEXUS

Mostly bland overall, but if it's got capability i'd be interested to see it. Lexus' stuff tends to be hit or miss.

LINCOLN

A "high performance" truck. Just what the world needs.

An uncontrollable land barge with even more ability to get into accidents.

MERCURY

"Mercury's formula for this decade is simple: Select several Ford Motor Co. vehicles, restyle the exterior and add near-luxury interior touches."

How is that any different from the last few decades?

MITSUBISHI

No mention of the Lancer Evo? :rolleyes:

Is this a car show or a show-and-tell for geriatrics?

NISSAN

Go Nissan. I could care less about the trucks but the convertible Z sounds like a nice touch.

Glad to see they're putting out a well rounded lineup.

SATURN

...and to think i spent four years modifying my 96 SC2, only to be laughed at and scorned by some Saturn retailers for suggesting and promoting that Saturns could be capable of more performance. Glad to see those assholes are trying to pull their feet out of their mouths.

SUBARU

No mention of the WRX STi?

See "Mitsubishi"

TOYOTA

Fuck you Toyota. You have become the ULTIMATE car company for the geriatric, automotively inept buyer. With no performance even on the horizon, nor any hints to wet our appetites, you have completely turned your back on your loyal and dedicated enthusiasts.

I hope you go out of fucking business.

hahahah, i was going to do the exact same thing...

and i particularly like the isuzu comment... ;)

:aright:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

no no no....there will be WRX Sti's, lambo's and ferraris there

that was just a list of cars being revealed to the public...all the new exotic models were unveiled at other auto shows

and i bet none of them had the label "Toyota" on them.

[bitter]

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

no no no....there will be WRX Sti's, lambo's and ferraris there

that was just a list of cars being revealed to the public...all the new exotic models were unveiled at other auto shows

BORING. I too remember when the auto shows used to be kick ass. Yeah ferrari will be there... with 1 car as always. Lambo.. 1 car. And you get to stand 20 feet away from them too.

I can't believe Mitsu didn't say anything about the EVO, fuck the galant... nobody cares. Sounds like a weak showcase, but i'll probably check it out anyway. "Stock" cars are so boring anyway.