Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Quarter Century Crisis

nyis4meatheads

I don't know if you guys have ever heard what a "quarter century crisis" is, but I'm starting to think more and more that it's actually legit. Basically, a 1/4 life crisis occurs around the age of 25, when you realize you're not in college, and are fighting off adulticism(ism). So you do rash, fun, stupid things... kind of like you would during your midlife crisis, but not quite as extreme. There's also some blah, blah "coming to terms with your place in the world" yadda yadda stuff, but who cares.

So anyway, last night I come home to see my roomate's brand new Nissan 350z come rolling into our parking lot :eek: This kid finished paying off his puke-green '98 Dodge Neon last week... so he went out and bought this instead: 350z%20dodged.jpg

If that isn't a crisis car I don't know what is. I'm so proud of the kid, he's not exactly the type to own a sweet-ass sports car, so right now he's like my hero.

If that wasn't bad enough, my other roomate (Christian, most of you have met him), came home last night with a brand new guitar and amp. That wouldn't be as strange.... if he'd ever picked up a guitar before. "I'm gonna be a rock n' roll star." <--- that's my impression of him.

So yeah, both of my 25 year old roomates went out and bought expensive, uneccessary things last night and I thought it was pretty funny. I can't wait to cruise Hampton Beach for 16 year olds in the Z.

i have a soft spot for stereo equipment...as if i didn't have enough fucking stereo shit to last me a lifetime, i just bought a new receiver and surround sound for my pad...i'm the only person i know who doesn't even put a thought into the word "saving"...what the fuck does that mean.

for further reference on lori's site [haven't seen her at tonic in a while :mad: ...]:

quarter life crisis

Originally posted by teamj5

dude...if you guys go up to hamptons let me know...im down for that :cool:

No, no, no, no... not the Hamptons, Hampton Beach! You know, the only beach in New Hampshire. The board walk, the cheesy arcardes, the teenage girls running around everywhere. This is where I spent every "day off" I had in the summer from 1995 to 1997 or so.

You can tag along, but you've gotta bring your own car. The Z is a 2-seater :cool:

(Wait, how the hell do you pick up chicks in a two seater? :confused: This could be a problem...)

Originally posted by groovefire

I've never heard of this 'quarter life crisis" condition you speak of, said the corporate lawyer posting on a clubbing message board in a continuing effort to promote his post-law-school-initiated DJ side career.

:laugh: :laugh: I hear you... I'd drop my crisis here, but it's probably not board-appropriate ;)

Res, thanks for posting that lori page! That chick is the best... she is such a waste of space. She goes on a 400 word rant about how she hates forwards and that none of them are good, and no one should ever send one to her... then posts one herself.

She also stated "Very few can escape this miserable phase of life"... is her life really all that bad? I mean sure... she's past her prime, she's a waitress at some crappy bar, she has no "life skills" and she officially cashed in on her 15 minutes of fame and has NOTHING to show for it... but hey, at least you're not in Iraq or something right now. She has to be the most miserable person on the plane, reading her site only makes me feel 1000 times better about myself.