Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia: Quarterly resident @ Space

loraine

actually i never read a dj saved my life either, i've never been much of a book hound. i, like you have learned from experience. i've never been a nyc house head either. more of a techno/progressive person. the vocals never did much for me. that is the lesson i learned. more history of the NYC house scene. and to whoever asked if i saw modulations... sorry but i have not. is it any good? a WMC party i was at a few years ago was playing the video (no audio) that was the last i ever saw of it. it looked interesting.

all things aside, i think we share a very common love for the music, scene and vibe. we could both (all) teach each other a great deal.

peace.

and another thing i didn't like that soundtrack, just that one song 'wreckless'. and "din da da, din do do" that WAS was the bomb agreed. now beat street on the other hand... wink.gif plus throw in some art of noise 'beatbox'.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kingstreet / James954 / Marick > It is obvious from reading your posts; that you have a lot of insight into the dance music scene. Just reading some your post has enlightened me. I think sometimes we all get; so wrapped up in our passion for the scene. We forget the main reason we are even a part of the scene. As James stated "all things aside, I think we share a very common love for the music, scene and vibe. we could both (all) teach each other a great deal". That applies to all of us on this board. It is my belief; that in any club the DJ creates the music; and we the listeners create the vibe. Just my $0.02………..

Peace folks,

Sobeton

cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 02-09-2001).]

Oh no James..I'm so sorry if I would have known you were such a bad ass (15 years and from LA) LA: wow...everybody knows thats always been a breeding ground for great dance music.....LA electro? like the movie breakin' you mean? First of all latin freestyle started in NY with people like Louie Vega ,Jellybean Benitez and Todd Terry producing it...As a matter of fact Louie was one of the most influential DJs of the freestyle era with his residency at Hearthrobs in NYC, but I guess those guys are just posers that ripped off some LA electro right?

As far as Velvet and Sasha go...when Warsaw was going strong this Velvet that you refer to did not exist...it was actually called Torpedos and it too was a gay club..but hey, I understand that was probably before you discovered trendy South Beach...

And as for me being a trendy-go-to-the-next-big-club-crowd kind of guy I guess youre right...lets see it started in 1982 when I got my membership to this trendy place called the Paradise Garage..you may have not heard of it(being that you were wrapped up in the real dance music scene of LA)The garage was on king street in NYC and the DJ was Larry Levan (heard of him? or is he just one of those NYC house djs you refer to)but when that closed I went to this other trendy club called Red Zone with some DJ named David Morales and then I moved on to some other little trendy place called Sound Factory (thats Twilo to you newbie)When I got to Miami in 1990 (before all you nujacks even knew south beach existed) I started going to hear David Padilla at the Warsaw ballroom and some other guy you may have heard of ,Danny Tenaglia, at a club called Cheers on US1 and sunset, then I started going to hear Luis Diaz at Boomerang (thats Groovejet to you newbies)then a ton of guests at Liquid, Luis again at Groovejet and now Oscar G. at Space....but hey what do I know!!!

Go on with yo bad self James or should I call you Ozone or was it Turbo??

smile.gif

I agree 100% James.......Now lets end this damn topic before that little file icon burns to bits!! smile.gif

And hey, I'm pretty much a techno/ progressive head myself...with my roots solidly planted in house.....

remember house doesnt necessarily mean vocals. I, like you, was never a big "vocals" fan per say........

PEACE HOMEBOY,

KINGSTREET smile.gif

BEAT STREET: Now youre talking!!! that was for the true b-boys...."breakers revenge"..AAAAHHHHH!!! ARTHUR BAKER WAS A GENIUS!!!!

"House means vocals"?! Hmm...

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Nightlife Advertising invites you to Crobar for Mardi Gras Party on Friday Feb 23.

OPEN BAR and FREE VIP ADMISSION for our Members Only.

Contact us if you plan to attend this party and we will send you an Invitation for you and your guest.

With the compliments of NIGHTLIFE ADVERTISING Inc.

I am sending you the link to get your invitation. www.nightlifeadvertising.com/crobar/formcrobar.htm

This invitation will allow you to get Free Admission and a wristband

For OPEN BAR.

One Invitation per person so contact us by email to let us know how many you

need or use our Email to Friend Feature and we will send them the invitation

on your behalf.

Archived